It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should DOD shoot Ebola plane down?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes it can it isn't documented in Humans as of yet but this strain speaks to that issue...Pigs to apes confirmed

BBC story

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They estimate the web could be up to 30,000 infected....Link
edit on 2-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: for clearity

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
They estimate the web to be up to 30,000 infected....

If you actually read the article, it said they (Nigeria's Public Health) wanted to contact 30,000 people, not that they were infected. Transmission rates for Ebola are low. Your statement is typical of panicky, over-exaggerated scare-mongering.

Regards

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I did read it and clarified my statment, still doesn't change the rate this is spreading and size of the outbreak.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmicgypsy

a reply to: crazyewok
Or to make some money when they magically release a "cure" or vaccine.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The gov didn't let that plane hit the Pentagon.

Why are they allowing something like ebola to land?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They have done so well with curing aids-ebola shouldn't be a problem for them.

(I can't even TYPE that with a straight face,lol)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan
Yep. I can't type that with a straight face either. Just my mad face.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You know these two people are the same medical professionals we are trusting to contain this deadly illness now brought into the United States. Who can say the same mistake that was made that allowed this doctor to get Ebola wont be made in Atlanta?

There was obviously an unknown factor that escaped the attention of these trained professionals that allowed them to become infected. You would think they would want to figure that out before bringing Ebola to America that is full of mosquitoes.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity True,sometimes i have too much hope that people could just fulfill their moral duties.Just once. Truth is, they probably already have a 'hero' picked out.Life is too much like the video Tool came out with..'Right in Two'..although it comes from the perspective of one creator it contains more truth of our condition.Money rules the world no matter what the price.
As to the viruses and plagues,they will rule for free.Silly Humans! Thanks for straightening my glasses!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

How about just NOT letting people from these affected areas on planes or better yet, into the country? Quarantine all flights from these places, refuel and send them back?

I know this sounds extreme, but isn't it better than deciding to shoot a plane down with countless lives? Also, if the risk of numerous lives are at stake (like a country), wouldn't it be a better idea to stop all incoming traffic from these known Ebola countries until it can be dealt with?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Yes but I asked the question as the aircraft was on approach to Atlanta. Was too late at that moment to do as you suggest. It is to late now. We just have to hope Ebola did not somehow get rubbed on something during transfer and is now in the ambulance, airplane, hospital hand rail etc...

My question is no longer even a choice for the DOD to make to prevent the spread of a virus that we willingly just allowed into Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I am just asking the question. I am not saying I support shooting it down.

I'm not saying you did, I was actually more shocked by the military ship idea.

I do not believe we should bring infected people to the US.

Why not? If they are quarantined there's no problem.

I think you are letting your fear cloud your judgment. Look at it this way:

If Ebola does spread out, and this become a serious World health problem, you will in the future be glad that your government decided to bring people sick indoors so that they could study and combat the virus ahead of the spread.

Ignoring the problem isn't going to make it go away.

US has right to deny access to anyone including American citizens especially when sick with a pandemic level disease.

This worries me.

Everyday I read around ATS how much people are distrustful and disgusted by their government, but as soon as you are afraid of something, you crawl under it's skirts and say "daddy, keep the bad bugs away", and the policies that are daily condemned around here are now very useful. Now you want closed borders, now you want to keep people out, and now you want stuff like the TSA at airports to their jobs, right? Because "better them than me"...

I'm not trying to be offensive, but it's true.

I think that for once the US gov is doing a very honorable thing.

Does not seem that any of our Federal government has approved allowing these people with this deadly disease to bring the disease into the Nation.

But you already have the disease inside the nation. It's kept in several laboratories for study, both live and dead samples.

Also, you actually have worst diseases going rampant inside the US. They are just not in the news, and you don't see body bags being dragged into trucks, so you don't fear it.

I do not wish anyting bad for these people (...)

No, you just want them away from you. As far as possible.

but they took a risk going there and there is no reason the rest of us should be put at risk because of their personal choice to endanger themselves.

These people risked their lives, and everything that attitude implies, to help people who they don't even know, and people who didn't know them!

They went into a sh#-hole to dig out people that were dying and give peace to those who had no more salvation. And you have the audacity of saying that? These people are freaking heroes. The true kind! The kind of heroes who don't care about themselves but others, and the others they are saving are people who nobody gives a crap about.

The very least we can do is to bring them HOME!

I don't know what more to say without being disrespectful, to be honest.
edit on 2-8-2014 by VashKonnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Shoot a plane out of the sky? Boy, you are one sick puppy. Turn on the news to see the extreme caution and planning that has gone in to this.

If something like this makes you this fearful, that you are willing to take innocent lives in this horrendous way, perhaps you should get some help managing your fears and anxieties.

That is all.
edit on 8/2/2014 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OMG!!! Ebola..Tinfoil hat people need to read the following stat about the coming plague ..why should the CDC be trusted to do anything because you know a bunch of doomers on the web are qualified to judge who should handle an infectious disease or even better ask if a plane should be shot down.

Anyway, I was reading this stat about how deadly the coming bio-attack weapon from the IllumiNSAMAsons is

"In 2012, there were 122 000 measles deaths globally – about 330 deaths every day or 14 deaths every hour."

Oh wait, that's not ebola..Seriously do all the people starting the 37 Ebola posts on this website live in a magical world of fear with no reality?
edit on 2-8-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Lol,I just can't trust tptb to deal with this-and definitely not on American soil.

If there were an outbreak because of this,they won't care,because they will be in their tax payer funded "hidey holes" with the rest of the gov and their immediate families.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Costa Rica? UAE?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah, That's exactly what happens when a bad virus gets out. And exactly what people don't want. Now you're getting it.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VashKonnor

I would not place them out iin the middle of the Ocean but using a navy hospital ship like USS Comfort USS Comfort. Would be an ideal way to add an extra level of isloation for deadly viruses rather than bringing people infected into our largest cities.

The USS Comfort is a very nice ship. It would only need to be anchored just off the coast of US to provide that extra barrier of protection from deadly disease. On shore would be a receiving facility set up to decontaminate everything and everyone leaving the ship.

If you watched the arrival of that doctor he walked from the Ambulance into the hospital. What ever was on the bottom of his protective suit shoes is now on the ambulance floor, the ground between the ambulance and floor and now inside the hospital floor. Not sure if he walked out of the contaminated area he was in in Africa or not.

That area should be considered and environmental hazard until it can be proven to be disease free.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Dude(ette?). You really need to think logically, not like a pearl-clutcher. A First World country has far freaking better isolation protocols than a Third World African country does. That is their main issue, their medical standards utterly suck by comparison in these W. African countries. We'll weather the patients' stays just fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join