It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should DOD shoot Ebola plane down?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Why should the average american trust CDC to handle this when ALL of our lives are at stake?

Because if you were to be left on your own, your azz wouldn't survive a whole week.

They should rig up that military ship hospital and take these pateints there and isolate anyone that goes near that ship untill weeks of test show no sign of Ebola and NOT take them to the center of one of largest US cities.

Are you seriously saying we should abandon these people in the middle of the Ocean in a military ship until you feel safe?

They are taking them to the center of one of the largest US cities. Right... Where they have the facilities to actually research this thing, and where all the intelligent folks are to analyze it.

It's there that the patients have the best chance of surviving a 90% mortality-rate virus.

I'm sure, as a human being, you want to give them the best chances, and not cowardly pushing them away so it doesn't fuel your panic.... right?

I praise the fact that the US government actually spent money bringing these people home. That's a lot more than other countries would do.

as a US citizen I object to the current action of brining Ebola to the US on purpose.

Well, screw your objections. These people need treatment, your fear can wait.

es I hope these sick americans get better but not at the risk of infecting more Americans and brining the virus into our cities.

Go to a Hospital. ANY hospital. In most of them there is a collection of pathogens that can be as bad (or worst) as Ebola. You have HIV patients, people with "flesh-eating" bacteria, all sorts of nasty bugs.

Why don't you go and tell hospitals to put those contagious patients on a boat?

All you need to do to contain this is to follow clear protocol procedure. We know how Ebola spreads, so you can actually control it. It is spreading like wildfire in Africa because they don't follow procedure.

Have you actually seen the plane they are using? It has 4 layers of protection.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
To be perfectly honest to the situation these are not suspected cases. These are two Americans who are sick with Ebola being brought to the CDC for treatment and study. Still I don't advocate shooting down innocent people. That's a crazy mans thinking. c reply to: buntalanlucu

They are going to Emory, not the CDC.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The virus would never survive the crash. It dies when exposed to ultra violet rays. That's sunlight. a reply to: irgust

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

We have a aircraft flying to the US with a Bioterror weapon on board in the form of an Ebola patient.

Has he upset Isreal ?

That place is one big lab with God knows what in the freezer and they do need field trials now and then.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Emory is the hospital adjacent to and connected with the CDC. Let's not split hairs. a reply to: ~Lucidity

edit on AM000000310000000883147312014-08-02T09:47:24-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: kindle substituted remot for emory. stupid spell check.

edit on AMu31u0883148312014-08-02T09:48:25-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The virus would never survive the crash. It dies when exposed to ultra violet rays. That's sunlight. a reply to: irgust

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20). Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation.

Linky

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

hope you get infected

That's a horrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Could just leave it at that, but it's especially shameful considering the post you were replying to is absolutely correct. Ebola is only transferred through blood or bodily fluids. Don't share needles or bodily fluids with someone that has ebola and you'll be fine.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Remote is the hospital adjacent to and connected with the DVD. Let's not split hairs. a reply to: ~Lucidity

''
It is NOT the CDC. And yet again, they are claiming no responsibility for this decision, nor is the government.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

The one good thing about Ebola is that as far as virii are concerned, it runs it's course much too fast. The bad thing about virii though, like all forms of life, the more successful ones evolve to increase the success rate. So it's possible that they can and will evolve a longer life cycle in the host, or a longer incubation period.

Why they would bring the disease to the US shores I don't know. It really makes no sense to me, other than trying to get live specimens of the current strain to see if a) it can be weaponized and b)if there is a way to compromise the life cycle.

As far as shooting down the plane...I say no. It makes no real sense to do so.
edit on 2-8-2014 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So if they crash in the attic circle while on its way from Africa to the US we'll worry. If the plane crashes it would be burned to a crisp. I didn't want to put that in because the vessel containing the virus is a human. This has about the same odds as winning the lottery after being struck by lightning while riding a bike with a squirrel on your shoulder.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I just heard it on the tv. The source right now is my ears. a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's not the custom of family members to do this here. a reply to: aboutface

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I just heard it on the tv. The source right now is my ears. a reply to: ~Lucidity

Oh, yeah? What station? Who reported it? Where did they touch down?

I'd really like to know seeing as I'm right next to where they are "reportedly" touching down.
edit on 8/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I will say this again. These people are American citizens. The United States does not have a policy of denying entry to its citizens. Even sick citizens.
CNN seems to be back tracking on where these people are now. A while ago they said the plane was already in Atlanta now it's saying it's on its way. Sanjy Gupta is on this minute talking about this.
edit on AMu31u0883103312014-08-02T10:03:57-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
Ebola is here already sitting in the fridge of some lab. Shoot down the plane? Are you serious?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There's another alternative. Don't bring them here. That is the containment protocol. And tell us who this decision was made by.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Dr Gupta just said no Ebola is in the USA no Ebola in the west. We know this is incorrect unless he's only talking about this strain and it being in people. a reply to: Bilk22

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Can't shoot down an airliner with innocent people on-board, unless it's Malaysian Airlines.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ugh, film from west Africa shows tent hospitals and that bright orange crowd control fencing to keep people out. Yeah thats the reason they've lost control of the situation.

CNN just reporting the plane with Dr Brantley is in Bangor Maine for refueling. Visions of Stephen king cowering under his bed. He knows the score LOL.
edit on AM000000310000000883113312014-08-02T10:13:23-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I will say this again. These people are American citizens. The United States does not have a policy of denying entry to its citizens. Even sick citizens.
CNN seems to be back tracking on where these people are now. A while ago they said the plane was already in Atlanta now it's saying it's on its way. Sanjy Gupta is on this minute talking about this.

It's official. I've decided you're just shooting froth out of your mouth.

But anyway, source for this policy? From all I've read, the protocol is to NOT transport. It is containment. So yet again, why is this being allowed and who made the decision. The military is clearly involved, as they are landing at a military base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join