It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Advisory : Toledo, OH and Surrounding Areas.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Did any of you see this link?

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
Did any of you see this link?

www.motherjones.com...

That's an amazing story. If this is true (not saying I don't believe it but I'm not familiar with the source), how did an explosion of 30 vehicles evade the radar of the main stream media? Just goes to show how screwed we really are. Fracking will be (or may be) the death of us all.

From your link;

On the morning of June 28, a fire broke out at a Halliburton fracking site in Monroe County, Ohio. As flames engulfed the area, trucks began exploding and thousands of gallons of toxic chemicals spilled into a tributary of the Ohio River, which supplies drinking water for millions of residents. More than 70,000 fish died. Nevertheless, it took five days for the Environmental Protection Agency and its Ohio counterpart to get a full list of the chemicals polluting the waterway. "We knew there was something toxic in the water," says an environmental official who was on the scene. "But we had no way of assessing whether it was a threat to human health or how best to protect the public."

According to a preliminary EPA inquiry, more than 25,000 gallons of chemicals, diesel fuel, and other compounds were released during the accident, which began with a ruptured hydraulic line spraying flammable liquid on hot equipment. The flames later engulfed 20 trucks, triggering some 30 explosions that rained shrapnel over the site and hampered firefighting efforts.

Ohio state officials maintain that the river water is safe to drink because the fracking chemicals have been so heavily diluted. But environmentalists are skeptical. "Tons of chemicals and brine entered the waterway and killed off thousands fish," says Johnson of the Ohio Environmental Council. "There's no way the drinking water utility or anyone else could monitor those chemical and determine whether the levels were safe without knowing what they were. Even today, I don't think the public can be sure that the water is safe to drink."

edit on 4-8-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Phoo- don't care what state official say, I'm buying filters.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I am confused. Moments after the top city official said they couldn't drink the water, he came on and said it was safe to drink and drank a glass. People now think its all over, but the RSOE site as of yesterday says this toxic bloom has only just begun.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join