It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Advisory : Toledo, OH and Surrounding Areas.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

My area is sending water up to you. I don"t know if it's going to Fema , Red Cross or what.
Sounds strange but check Dillard's if you need it before then.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Native Toledoan here.

Something I haven't seen widely discussed are the apparent spikes in radiation over the past few weeks in the Toledo area. I got ahold of this screencap for today, when a Radcon 5 reading was registered. This indicates a substantial spike in radiation. It subsequently fell to a "Level 2" reading a short while later, and was sitting at "Level 3-- Elevated" when last I checked. This has been happening with no little frequency as of late:

The timing of these spikes is just terribly suspicious when you consider the timing of this water crisis. Moreover, someone posted this video of a Radcon 5 event in Toledo on June 17th.

www.youtube.com...

What do you all make of this? Some other conspiracy forums (GLP) have noticed the increases in radiation and also questioned whether it had anything to do with the crisis.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

3 parts per billion?
Really?
And the toxin is that bad that it would make folks sick?
Or is this all a "for our own good" or the government is afraid of getting sued or this is a test to see how people would manage this problem???

I'm not saying this algae bloom isn't a problem....but it sure would be nice to get real, reliable info.
Like how much would make a healthy adult ill.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: loam

3 parts per billion?
Really?
And the toxin is that bad that it would make folks sick?
Or is this all a "for our own good" or the government is afraid of getting sued or this is a test to see how people would manage this problem???

I'm not saying this algae bloom isn't a problem....but it sure would be nice to get real, reliable info.
Like how much would make a healthy adult ill.

That's the thing. I heard from someone that the algae bloom in 2011 was the worst in thirty+ years. The Microcystin concentration back then, as I understand it, was to the tune of >1000ppb-- greater than 50 times the upper limit of 20ppb. If this is the case, then the 3ppb water flowing through our pipes right now is Perrier by comparison...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedComet

They're hoping no one remembers that

What game is Mayor Collins playing????

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mayor Collins just lifted the water ban. All is well, apparently.

Still no mention of the heightened levels of radiation, however...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedComet

on the ban being lifted
!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Good that everything's better for the moment. I do have 6 gallons of clean water saved for next time though

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dinoking
Good that everything's better for the moment. I do have 6 gallons of clean water saved for next time though

Same here. I've got several cases, and will likely buy several more.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I know the water ban has been lifted, but I'd still be nervous about the water being ok.

I watched this video last night. PBS interviewed Richard Stump, an oceanographer from NOAA who's been studying the Algae Bloom in the area for several years now. Basically, if I understand him right, the Algae Bloom being concentrated in one area is dangerous. He predicted a spike in Aug, and that the Algae Bloom won't go away until September. IF we get SSW winds, it will push it out further into the lake and it will be much less of a problem.

I don't know how the levels became safe literally overnight. ?????

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: virraszto
I know the water ban has been lifted, but I'd still be nervous about the water being ok

I don't know how the levels became safe literally overnight. ?????

Same. It was all so dangerous and everything, then suddenly it's all good. Not saying that it couldn't have happened, but I guess I wouldn't risk it just yet. I'd probably wait a day or two to see if there are any cases of people getting sick.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

That is strange. What changed in the six hours? Certainly not the test results.

Didn't he say "too close for comfort"? Guess he slept on it.
edit on 4-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have a Good water filter
and a powerful UV light to clean water of bacteria.
I use it All the time.
the water Always tasts funny.
so WHEN they poison the water I will be safe.

the water tasts so clean!
got it off Ebay and added more to it.
found the pound UV in a dumpster!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha
Please tell me the name of the good water filter so I may get it for family that lives there.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCounselor

Steripen is the UV device. Katadyn makes quality filters. But the best way to remove viruses, bacteria, etc. is still boiling.

Anyways, If this isn't evidence that America is becoming a polluted third world cesspool I don't know what is!!!! I mean here's a thought why don't we actually solve this problem!!!!!! Can Americans do anything productive and innovative anymore? John Kasich? What a joke! Go back to news you numbskull you're a terrible leader!!!! The people of Toledo deserve this!!!! They vote these politicians into office and they let their farmers etc. foul up and pollute the land. People say organic isnt worth buying? Fools! Why aren't people calling out these farmers and polluters? Their info and names should be plastered all over the media! America has become a joke of a country! Sad!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I mean droughts all over the world and apocalyptic drought out west and America can't even keep one of the most important sources of fresh water clean! We are a loser country nowadays!!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Thanks! Going to shop for it now.
I'm kinda mad at myself for not purchasing two rain barrels, one for me, one for them.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: riddle6
Sodas and coffee are not a good idea, they are diuretics. Better than nothing though if it is all there is.

I hope those affected by this are not in a heatwave like we are up here, it's brutal. Drinking like 2 gallons of water a day as I am doing work outdoors in the sun

Well obviously

I didn't mean to imply to run straight for them. Just a reminder that your body can handle living off soda for a day or two. It won't like it (the thought makes me want to chug some water right now!), but if you're in a bind, its something to remember.

I'm glad the ban has been lifted, but I would be cautious for the next day or two. Maybe only bathe in it at first. Hopefully people will learn to keep some basic supplies on hand, so the next time this happens (because it will, maybe not in the same area, but it will somewhere), they won't be in such a bind.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So.... how long does everyone have to flush their systems to get the nasty out of it?

I'm not a chemist obviously, but seems like it would take some work to get that water to where it is drinkable.

And I'm wondering if they used some sort of radiation to kill the algae bloom back to normalish levels...
edit on AugMon, 04 Aug 2014 22:02:09 -050009.thpm090914p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Regardless of ebola, I have stopped drinking tap water for a very long time.

I feel much better, suffer less headaches. It's all that chlorine and hormones that are harder for the machines to filter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join