It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU ‘quietly’ lifts ban on supplying Kiev with weapons and technology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
EU ‘quietly’ lifts ban on supplying Kiev with weapons and technology – Russia

The European Union has “quietly” agreed to lift restrictions supplying Kiev with military technology and equipment which can be used for the “repression” in the country, the Russian Foreign Ministry said. "During a recent meeting of the Council of Europe in Brussels, leaders of EU member states agreed 'on the quiet' to remove restrictions on exports to Kiev of equipment that could be used for internal repression," the ministry said in a statement on its website. "Exports of military technologies and equipment were also allowed."

Moscow slammed the move as "contradicting the rules of military technologies and ammunition exports which have been earlier applied by the EU" and also "pierced" by double standards.

The EU approved its rules for controlling the export of weapons and ammunition on December 8, 2008. Criterion #3 calls on the EU member countries to stop issuing export licenses for military equipment and technologies that can provoke or prolong conflict. The decision to restart issuing licenses for special military equipment exports came despite the continuing “anti-terrorist operation” in eastern Ukraine, the ministry said. “It is obvious why the EU is ignoring indisputable facts of shelling of Russian territory [in the southwest Russian region of Rostov] from the Ukrainian side: the perspective of feeling your own involvement in such actions creates certain discomfort in Brussels,” the statement said.

RT

The restrictions were first introduced by the European Council in February 2014 when Viktor Yanukovich was the country’s president and there were violent clashes between Maidan protesters and police. “Then the EU decided that it was ‘wrong’ to supply ‘Yanukovich regime’ with weapons,” the ministry said.

It seems obvious that they're trying to provoke Russia in a conflict and they seem to slowly but surely reach the point of no return!

edit on 2-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Russia sees double standards in decision to lift mil supply ban for Ukraine

MOSCOW, August 2 (Itar-Tass) - The European Union's decision to lift restrictions to export military equipment to Ukraine reflects double standards, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Saturday. The restrictions were imposed by the EU Council on February 20 when president Viktor Yanukovich was in power and a tough confrontation continued between armed radical nationalists and factually unarmed police at Maidan in Kiev.

At the time, the European Union believed it was not right to supply arms and military equipment for Yanukovich's regime. Now, despite current Kiev authorities' continuing military operation in the southeast of the country, the EU has decided to allow export of military equipment in full to Ukraine, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.

ITAR TASS

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

The problem with the Left, is that after a period of time it becomes the new Right.

There probably is a war coming, everyone is gearing up. The only way to win the game is to stay out of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
EU is seriously playing with fire. Why are they trying so hard to provoke war with Russia, nothing good will come out of it.

These are the double standards i've been talking about for a while now. It seems that same rules doesn't apply to everyone. How unexpected.

Personally, the only thing stopping this situation to escalate even more, is Putin's reactions. Or better say, his lack of reaction to everything EU is doing. How long will he be able to control himself?

Dangerous times.
edit on 611k2014Saturdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The hypocrisy is absolutely, mind-numbingly startling.

We're being governed by lunatics who talk from both sides of their faces whenever it suits them.

What the hell has gone wrong with the world?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Luckily Putin, despite the armies of trolls all over the net saying otherwise, appears to be a significantly greater statesman and politician than any of the current crop of snivelling and devious 'yes' Men and Women from the EU or the US.

He and his Government will know what the game is all about, he won't be provoked into a stupid move, at least i seriously hope not. Sooner or later the EU or the US will go too far and then the public will have had enough, and they will have had their 15 minutes of fame cut abruptly short methinks.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I doubt the public will be like you say. They are orchestrating way too many crisis at the same time. The people at least in the U.S. will be begging for a strong leader that will protect them. We already have calls to quarantine the rest of the world about this Ebola thing(personally I think this is not as bad as the media is making it out to be). Then all the hype about the diseases from the illegals crossing the southern border.

Israel was just givin the green light to continue their campaign.

EU would be wise to gear up too.

A huge movement to clamp down on the U.S. border using force is growing extremely fast.

Economy is # right now.

Drought in the west, talking about migrating people.

Seems almost ripe for a U.S. war Prez to be placed in the Oval office that will swing the big Military AX of the U.S. across the world a couple of times.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The bankers, and those they put into power (we don't) need war and crave it for the profits and power it brings. Our leaders are groomed over long periods to do the bidding of the bankers, knowing they'll be fed scraps from the table, which still means great wealth.
The bankers are seeking complete world financial domination and are going after those who they cannot control - there are not many left. One wonders, why would our leaders put in place all these sanctions against Russia, when it is obviously hurting our own trade, companies and economy. The simple answer is of course that they simply do not care what we think, only what the bankers order them to do. They are shielded from the death and destruction they seek, ensuring the rest of us suffer, while all the time their marketing men tell us what heroes we are and how we are making the world a better place! For whom?

They would gladly kill half the population if it enriched them and mad enough to do it, for power, greed, control and their own twisted sense of self importance. The only way it'll change is for those pulling the strings to be removed.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hypocrisy does not phase the powerful one bit. If you supply our enemy it is state sponsored terrorism. If we supply your enemy, its just smart business and good deedz

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
God, I wish that the majority of people would wake up to all of this bull#. ATS has spoiled me, being around people who actually have some idea of what is really going on, trying to convince people on Facebook and in real life is impossible. We all know that war is coming, yet we can do nothing about it. What a scary time to be growing up in.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am still at a loss as to why Russia is being sanctioned in the first place. Like everyone else I have sat and watched the fiasco that is the Ukraine play out. Back in the beginning when protests first began and as the protesters became more and more emboldened we were left wondering why the government had not taken stronger action. I think that back then, they were influenced by what had went down in Syria, Libya etc...

Anyway as I watched the situation unfold and how the west had now taken up the protesters cause it seemed, at least to anyone with half a brain, civil war was inevitable. The Russians were right to move into Crimea, they were left with no other option.

I didn't know anything about Vladimar Putin before this but I must admit he stands head and shoulders above them all. How long he can withstand the economic pressures and demonizing from our very own sweet snake oil salesmen is anyones guess.

The west appears to thrive on brinkmanship depending no doubt on the fact that Russia will avoid escalation. The USA wants another cold war...and proxy wars of course and we can do nothing about it. Part of me wants Russia to react and put Obama in his place but really I just want the world to be at peace.

I am from Scotland and grew up loving America and all it appeared to stand for...that's all gone now isn't it sad.

And who could have predicted a that a Russian leader would be the hope for peace in the face of Western aggression.

edit on 2-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

It really is baffling isn't it? Every week a new 'round of sanctions' is announced against Russia. And yet - this entire Ukraine 'crisis' would come to a complete halt if the damn Nazi's in Kiev would just STOP bombing their own people! All they have to do is stop. Go home. Let the people unhappy with their rule have a few cities and regions. But no - they'd rather kill a bunch of civilians and even have the nerve to attempt a US style false flag.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
EU is seriously playing with fire. Why are they trying so hard to provoke war with Russia, nothing good will come out of it.

If the EU is trying to provoke war then they are not doing very well, are they? If the EU wanted to fight then they should have plonked a few brigades in Eastern Ukraine to secure the MH17 atrocity from interference.

On topic. This is just lifting the suspension of licenses to export arms to Ukraine, put in place in February 2014 when the world was a bit shocked by the antics of the (ex) President Viktor Yanukovych's attempts to keep hold on power by having protesters shot. This is the reversal of a political decision taken at the time as a move to normalisation of affairs between the Ukraine and the EU.

Of course RT.com will report it differently because they are the mouthpiece of the Russian authorities. Best look at the facts.

Regards

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Of course RT.com will report it differently because they are the mouthpiece of the Russian authorities. Best look at the facts.

And RT won't also report that EU sales of Arms to Russia continue as well - there are a couple of hundred active licenses from the UK alone for a wide variety of kit, from ammunition to communications equipment, not to mention the shiny new Mistral Assault Carriers Russia is getting off France, which is still going ahead.....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

On topic. This is just lifting the suspension of licenses to export arms to Ukraine, put in place in February 2014 when the world was a bit shocked by the antics of the (ex) President Viktor Yanukovych's attempts to keep hold on power by having protesters shot. This is the reversal of a political decision taken at the time as a move to normalisation of affairs between the Ukraine and the EU.

I think the idea that Yanukovych had protesters shot is open to question. I don't think the world was a bit shocked at all...in fact perhaps the world didn't completely buy into the Western narrative. Shall we compare him to those in power now?

Why would they plonk a few brigades in Eastern Ukraine? The crash has served its purpose. The Ukrainians won't release data...the USA won't release data...and yet somehow that's okay.

The false posturing of Obama and Kerry...and we have our own mini versions here in the UK...is hypocrisy at its finest.

edit on 2-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

And RT won't also report that EU sales of Arms to Russia continue as well - there are a couple of hundred active licenses from the UK alone for a wide variety of kit, from ammunition to communications equipment, not to mention the shiny new Mistral Assault Carriers Russia is getting off France, which is still going ahead.....

Oh really??

Cameron claims export licenses allowing UK arms sales to Russia don’t breach embargo

RT

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i reckon putins got bigger balls then any of us on a.t.s standing up to the rothchilds,jp morgan,and cronies,,even though ebola in africa ,plague in china,and the mess they have created for putin,,,he still giving them the finger goto luv him

PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE THREE COUNTRIES ALL INVOLVED IN BRICS BANK, ALL THREE UNDER ATTACK....
edit on 2-8-2014 by stuthealien because: brics

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Nikola014

Sooner or later the EU or the US will go too far and then the public will have had enough, and they will have had their 15 minutes of fame cut abruptly short methinks.

The EU and USA have already gone too far. It's like Russia supplying guns and technology to the Irish or Mexicans and rubbing London and Washington's nose in it. Stupid thick politicians, Ukraine is in Russia's orbit.

I can see us really regretting this, if Putin is forced into a revenge move like supplying Iran etc with a couple of hundred ICBM's. Stupid dumb western politicians, they've already screwed up the Middle East, now it's the turn of Eastern Europe.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE THREE COUNTRIES ALL INVOLVED IN BRICS BANK, ALL THREE UNDER ATTACK....

Hate to burst your roll, but Africa is not a country. It's a continent. Big difference. Africa is not a member of the BRICS nations. But, please don't let these small inconveniences interfere with your worldview.

Regards

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: stumason

Oh really??

Cameron claims export licenses allowing UK arms sales to Russia don’t breach embargo

RT

Oh really, what?

You just proved what I said!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join