It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War of Terrorism - ISIS is a US proxy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Key members of ISIS it now emerges were trained by US CIA and Special Forces command at a secret camp in Jordan in 2012, according to informed Jordanian officials. The US, Turkish and Jordanian intelligence were running a training base for the Syrian rebels in the Jordanian town of Safawi in the country’s northern desert region, conveniently near the borders to both Syria and Iraq. Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the two Gulf monarchies most involved in funding the war against Syria’s Assad, financed the Jordan ISIS training.

Advertised publicly as training of ‘non-extremist’ Muslim jihadists to wage war against the Syrian Bashar Assad regime, the secret US training camps in Jordan and elsewhere have trained perhaps several thousand Muslim fighters in techniques of irregular warfare, sabotage and general terror. The claims by Washington that they took special care not to train ‘Salafist’ or jihadist extremists, is a joke. How do you test if a recruit is not a jihadist? Is there a special jihad DNA that the CIA doctors have discovered?

Former US State Department official Andrew Doran wrote in the conservative National Review magazine that some ISIS warriors also hold US passports. Now, of course that doesn’t demonstrate and support by the Obama Administration. Hmm... Iranian journalist Sabah Zanganeh notes, "ISIS did not have the power to occupy and conquer Mosul by itself. What has happened is the result of security-intelligence collaborations of some regional countries with some extremist groups inside the Iraqi government."

Above was written By William Engdahl, American German freelance journalist, historian and economic researcher, sourced From RT

Media tries to convince the gullible that ISIS armed themselves by just walking into Iraq and stealing weaponry but any war needs a continuous supply of weapons, fuel, food and water. ISIS is supplied with US weaponry and supplies though its owned puppet states (Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia) to fool the US population.

edit on 2 8 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
As you can see from the photo you posted, they seem to travel in large convoys. Surely a couple of drone strikes could stop then in their tracks. I heard they only numbered a few thousand. How have they managed to get so far?

Oh, I forget, the drones are for innocent civilians.

It all seems like one big setup to me.

The western military could stop them in just a few days but we dont.....mmmmmmmmmm.

Can you smell that?....yeah, conspiracy pie with a side dish of corruption.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Ah yes William Engdahl, thank you kindly for reminding me of this well researched individual! True journalist in action right here!

About 3 years ago I read his book Full Spectrum Dominance which can be found here

zulfahmed.files.wordpress.com...

Description of book from Amazon

For the faction that controls the Pentagon, the military industry and the oil industry, the Cold War never ended. It went on 'below the radar' creating a global network of bases and conflicts to advance their long-term goal of Full Spectrum Dominance, the total control of the planet: land, sea, air, space, outer space and cyberspace. Their methods included control of propaganda, use of NGOs for regime change, Color Revolutions to advance NATO east, and a vast array of psychological and economic warfare techniques, a Revolution in Military Affairs as they termed it. The events of September 11, 2001 would allow an American President to declare a war on an enemy who was everywhere and nowhere, who justified a Patriot Act that destroyed that very freedom in the name of the new worldwide War on Terror. This book gives a disturbing look at that strategy of Full Spectrum Dominance.

This book is the reason I find all these people spouting off the NATO script laughable.

Russia is on the defense not the offense. They always have been.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amSaturday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Media tries to convince the gullible that ISIS armed themselves by just walking into Iraq and stealing weaponry but any war needs a continuous supply of weapons, fuel, food and water.

Funny, but didn't insurgents do just that when the US was in Iraq?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

You have to educate me, bros, me not being an american citizen and all. It seems to me that you can just about sue for anything in america, right?

Why, oh, why can you not sue your own government for training these people? Whether they had planned to not train jihadists and salafists or not? If I started a "warrior school" in my country and said that I was only training the "right kind of people", wouldn't I still be incarcerated for training terrorists? Isn't your government a legal entity? Legally a link to these US camps can be made. Then legally the US can be charged for war crimes against their own people/soldiers?

Let's not try to play along with the Zionists, fighting them in their war. They have the strongest weapons. We have numbers. Or at least we still got numbers, in about ten years from now, we won't be as many as we are now. The war will end when the last of us try to fight with their methods.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Willian Engdahl is a paid RT 'expert' who spouts out whatever supposed 'facts' Moscow pays him to spout.

Engdahl stated in 2007 that he had come to believe that petroleum is not biological in origin. Instead believes the hypothesis that petroleum is geological in origin, produced from carbon, by forces of heat and pressure deep underground.

He holds no qualifications in history.

I'm disinclined to give much credence to somebody who professes to be an expert on oil-economics, but who doesn't understand where oil came from I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal

Sadly our justice system is beyond corrupt!

Look no further than our corporate Supreme Court.

We do not actually have democracy, we have the illusion of it, while what is truly going on is full scale fascism!!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I think he has more credibility than you are giving him. This information is from Veterans Today.

www.veteranstoday.com...

After a degree in politics from Princeton University (USA), and graduate study in comparative economics at the University of Stockholm, he worked as an independent economist and research journalist in New York and later in Europe, covering subjects including the politics of energy policy in the USA and worldwide; GATT Uruguay Round trade talks, EU food policies, the grain trade monopoly, IMF policy, Third World debt issues, hedge funds and the Asia crisis

Engdahl contributes regularly to a number of international publications on economics and political affairs including Asia Times, FinancialSense.com, 321.gold.com, The Real News, Russia Today TV, Asia Inc., GlobalResearch.com, Japan's Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Foresight magazine. He has been a frequent contributor to the New York Grant'sInvestor.com, European Banker and Business Banker International and Freitag and ZeitFragen in Germany, Globus in Croatia. He has been interviewed on various geopolitical topics on numerous international TV and radio programs including Al Jazeera, CCTV and Sina.com (China), CCTV (China) Korea Broadcasting System (KBS), and RT Russian TV. He is a Research Associate of Michel Chossudovsky’s well-respected Centre for Research on Globalization in Montreal, Canada and member of the editorial board of Eurasia magazine.

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amSaturday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I agree. The hardest thing is though, teaching your kids to grow up in a world where the playing field is like 99% corrupt. You have to play the game well, learn as you go as best you can WITHOUT making one little mistake because you will get punished. And don't look at the establishment and try to do it their way, because then you will get punished even harder.

An example: Do Rich People Get Off Easier When They Break the Law?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

There is a lot that is questionable about ISIS, and every Muslim in the world is asking some serious questions at this point concerning them. (and doing our own conspiracy theories about all this)

I will quote myself from another thread, where I discussed the questions surrounding the funding of ISIS (more commonly known as DAESH to Muslims)

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
Here is a basic backing up of what I have said in the above post, what I can find that is correct in english so far anyway...

One of the reasons the funding of ISIS (Daesh) is so much in question by everyone, is the amount of cash flow they have had since day one. If they had only the same funding sources as Al-Qaeda, then they would not be able to throw around the cash like they have been, and they have literally been doing it since day 1.

As highlighted in this article, the group employs a 5 part strategy - the 4th part is as follows:

4. Flood the area with cash: Once it has intimidated the population, ISIS floods the area with cash to establish local dependency. Its operatives overpay at restaurants and spend extravagant amounts on basic goods from local markets. This restarts a stagnant local economy where few can afford to spend on more than basic necessities. “A man from Dagestan comes here every few days,” one shop owner in the Idlib village of Salqin reported, “First he bought a Samsung Galaxy, a week later he bought an iPad, and then he bought a newer model of the Samsung Galaxy. He must have spent more than $1,000.”

This amount of cash is unheard of in war in the middle east. You not only have to take care of your fighters feed them clothe them, pay them at least something for their families etc - but you have to have the funds for weapons and bullets etc. Just getting enough cash for all that is difficult, and many groups cannot get enough funds to sustain much fighting al-Qaeda groups usually have enough funds for just that, and little to no more - and they are the best funded anywhere in the middle east ... but suddenly a group pops into the picture that can not only afford the basics of war, but they have cash aplenty for flooding the local populations with it.

Guarenteed, they have some exceedingly wealthy backers, who are not of the normal variety. That is the door through which the US and Israel funding accusations come into play..... although that is not the only reason for the accusations.

warontherocks.com...

This article here:

english.al-akhbar.com...

Highlights the split and some of the fighting between al-qaeda and ISIS. This is where and why ISIS and Al-Qaeda split, they had two different ways - and ISIS went its way, without al-Qaeda. And Zawahiri has made more than one public condemnation of ISIS on this point alone, and al-baghdadi made his public condemnation of Zawahiri on this point in return... The back and forths are only found in arabic I think, cannot find them in english anywhere.

(ISIS really likes killing Muslims - another reason many are saying they are working hand in hand with Israel and US)

Another point about money and where it came from in the beginning is: You will not be able to find, even though Daesh has been accused more than once of accepting funding from Israel, any denial of this accusation... which in and of itself is strange. They should at least be denying it, yet I have not seen any explicit denials yet.

All the above is why I question who is really backing Daesh (ISIS).

It is NOT Iran, Iran supports the Iraqi government, at least as long as they could although now they are calling for a government that the sunni and the shia can agree upon since that was cause for much support for Daesh in the Sunni crowd, and Iran also supports Assad.(heavily) Iran helps to fund both in their fight against Daesh.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Daesh even in the beginning has enough money to absolutely flood local economies - to the point of being able to kick start dead and dying local economies, no one, not even the best funded had that much money flowing through them... They have more money than most governments, and from day one they had this money. It's crazy...

Now, my husband disagree's that it must then be US and Israel, simply because he doesn't think even US and Israel had that much money to throw at them.... so we can suppose the "who" is debatable for now, and is only theory... but I promise you, follow the money, and you will find who is responsible for Daesh.

edit on 2-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal

If I did not approach the world from a spiritual perspective I do not know how to handle the corruption that exists and the accompanying suffering.

I do not have children so I have no point of reference as to how difficult it would truly be to raise them in this world.

However, the children are the key to the future so to speak. The corruption that exists is not insurmountable. It appears that way and TPTB would like us to believe that. We must teach our young how to use their power of creative thought. This is something that has been social engineered out of us!

Fortunately we are living in a paradigm shift, you can see it in the young ones. Amongst all of the oppression, innovation is still happening and we the people are moving closer together! This is of course not televised, one must remain optomistic!

I wish you the best in your efforts as a parent! Faith is needed now more than ever, faith in humanity and what we can accomplish!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Painterz

I think he has more credibility than you are giving him. This information is from Veterans Today.

www.veteranstoday.com...

After a degree in politics from Princeton University (USA), and graduate study in comparative economics at the University of Stockholm, he worked as an independent economist and research journalist in New York and later in Europe, covering subjects including the politics of energy policy in the USA and worldwide; GATT Uruguay Round trade talks, EU food policies, the grain trade monopoly, IMF policy, Third World debt issues, hedge funds and the Asia crisis

Engdahl contributes regularly to a number of international publications on economics and political affairs including Asia Times, FinancialSense.com, 321.gold.com, The Real News, Russia Today TV, Asia Inc., GlobalResearch.com, Japan's Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Foresight magazine. He has been a frequent contributor to the New York Grant'sInvestor.com, European Banker and Business Banker International and Freitag and ZeitFragen in Germany, Globus in Croatia. He has been interviewed on various geopolitical topics on numerous international TV and radio programs including Al Jazeera, CCTV and Sina.com (China), CCTV (China) Korea Broadcasting System (KBS), and RT Russian TV. He is a Research Associate of Michel Chossudovsky’s well-respected Centre for Research on Globalization in Montreal, Canada and member of the editorial board of Eurasia magazine.

I have no idea if Veterans Today is a credible sorce. Is it?
The reason I ask s I have seen a lot of crazy claims reported by them recently. They appear a lot on Before its News which has made me sceptical of them. But like I said. I have no idea about them. Who are they?

Note: Just looked at their web site, they are not impartial at all. Down point for me.

Do we have any great alternative media sites that are not biased in any way, seems they all are and just as bad as the MSM.
edit on 2-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It truly is sad, what we in the west have been programmed to believe about Muslims as a whole. I have a good friend of mine who is from Syria, I speak with him quite often about what is happening there as well as learning about his view of the wests influence in middle eastern politics.

I have learned much from him about the Muslim religion and how Muslims, Christians, and Jewish people have historically gotten along, even married amongst themselves and so on. It breaks my heart to hear his stories of how things used to be.

ISIS is clearly being used to further a very evil agenda throughout the middle east. The question needs to be asked who is their actions benefitting, the answer is quite clear, you did a wonderful job covering it. Also the question of where does the money come from, you must have loved that MSM script of how they looted the Iraqi banks, how convenient!
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amSaturday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeSignal

You have to educate me, bros, me not being an american citizen and all. It seems to me that you can just about sue for anything in america, right?

Why, oh, why can you not sue your own government for training these people? Whether they had planned to not train jihadists and salafists or not? If I started a "warrior school" in my country and said that I was only training the "right kind of people", wouldn't I still be incarcerated for training terrorists? Isn't your government a legal entity? Legally a link to these US camps can be made. Then legally the US can be charged for war crimes against their own people/soldiers?

Let's not try to play along with the Zionists, fighting them in their war. They have the strongest weapons. We have numbers. Or at least we still got numbers, in about ten years from now, we won't be as many as we are now. The war will end when the last of us try to fight with their methods.

Because before you sue the u.s government you have to get permission from the u.s government along with use only government approved lawyers .. extremely rare for uncle scam to give approval ..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

That is a legit question! I tried looking in to it a little bit further and could only find that they claim to be Veterans or Veteran Supporters.

I thought it would be kind of hard to fake Engdahls history and thought at least on this point they could not be just pulling things out of the air.

The point I was going for is that he does reporting in far more places that just RT.

The book that I cited, if you go check out his references, he definitely seems to be well researched from many solid sources, so at the least that book to me is reliable.

And yes it is very hard to find unbiased material

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

I'm not sure about Veteran's today. I agree with you that at times they are pretty questionable.

BUT, the US did have training camps for training the FSA in Jordan. That is known as fact. Now, the thing there is they were training the FSA, and a few ISIS fighters walked in and said "we are FSA too" and the US said okay, and trained some of them as well...(not all but definitely some)

that was just stupid, but I don't think it was ever purposeful. The problem with the US is they don't know the Muslims very well... cannot tell an extremist from a regular person, and end up doing much business so to speak with the extremists.
Good read
Washington Post Article

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

MSM has some fairly crappy coverage I agree. However, in the interest of truth, however ISIS got their beginning, they ARE NOW 100% self funding.

They are pretty smart, and take advantage of every monetary situation possible. They have gotten money from places they looted for artifacts, once they have control of an area they use that to their advantage, whether that is taking over the banks or trade routes for additional looting... every possible situation they use to their advantage.

They are also very commercially minded, the sale of those T-Shirts that many idiots bought is another funding source for them.

They literally use everything to their gain, and look for any possible gain. They now have billions... and no longer need any outside funding sources.

It's what got them their start that is important... not what it is now, however. Something, and/or someone, flooded them with more cash than most governments in 2010-2011. That something and/or someone is what is important to figure out.

The consensus among all the moderate Muslims on the planet is that it was the US and Israel, however. They are the two peoples who wont fight ISIS, nor will ISIS engage them. ISIS went so far as to state publicly that they were too busy killing Muslims to fight with Israel, the public condemnation and outcry was so loud from Muslim communities that they retracted that to a certain extent .. lol ... but just not in action, they really are too busy killing Muslims. Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Well, it is nice to see journalists catching on to what most of us on this site have either known, or suspected, for some considerable time now.

There really was never any good reason to expect that this latest batch of ideologically driven morons would have had any other source than the last God knows how many. I think it is about time that either someone had a stern word with the president of the United States, or that the president had a stern word with his CIA liaison, or alternatively had the entire leadership of the CIA arrested for treason, war crimes (based on the fact that they were responsible for the creation of every major terror outfit since the seventies, and probably before that too), the usurping of funds from the taxpayers of the US to fund their terror squads, and several other things besides.

However, that is about as likely as me getting to interview the Pope about the illegitimacy of his position on live television.

Oh, and JoeSignal...

You suggest that the hard part is trying to raise children when 99% of the government and its representatives are corrupt and working against the interests of the people. You say you have to learn to play their games well, and not make any "mistakes".

That could not be further from the case. What people need to do is effectively resist this madness, refuse to allow these things to be done in their name, the populations of a full eighty percent of the nation should surround the Pentagon, the White House, and FORCE reason on their government and its many, out of control tendrils.

The same thing should be happening in my nation as well, but so few people know, and of those, so few give a God damn, that nothing happens, and nothing changes, and nothing WILL ever change, until this habitual appeasement of governments by their people comes to a halt!

Stop training children to accept their place in the system, and the behaviour of the system. Stop training kids to contribute to a political situation at home and abroad, with which they disagree and does not achieve a better outcome for the nations people. Stop teaching children that the government are too powerful to address in an effective manner.

Teach them instead that it is better to die fighting for what one believes, than it is to live under a tyranny. Teach them that one person CAN make a difference, teach them that only by constant vigilance and determination can these forces be destroyed. Teach the children that the future depends not on maintaining the status quo, but on changing it to positively affect the many rather than the few. Teach them that war must only be fought on moral grounds, never for profit, never for resource. Teach them to identify liars at the top, and act without hesitation to remove them. Teach them to be an example for the future, and teach them how to do that with the examples of the past.

Do NOT appease the status quo by training children to live within a system that they should be learning how to deconstruct.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeSignal

Because you can not sue for things that have no facts to back them up and that can easly be proven false. Like the fact that ISIS started off as an organization that was in Jordan to overthrow the King and that Jordan would never allow them near its territory. Or that by the time the FSA sent anyone to Jordan to training they were already openly fighting ISIS and other radical groups in Syria.

Everybody has their own story about ISIS. The Kurds swear that it is supported by Assad because while ISIS fought with the FSA Assads forced and ISIS avoided fighting each other. As it turned out it was not plot just convient for both ISIS and Assad to avoid fighting each other while the FSA got worked over. That has now changed of course.

The fact is ISIS is just another extremist group. They just happened to get lucky briefly in Iraq for a few reasons. The Sunnis and the former Baath party officers of Saddams old army came out in a bid to topple what they see as a pro Shia government in Baghdad. They allied with ISIS and that provided the force with with training and leadership. So ISIS and the Sunnis could now operate as a conventional force and not just a terrist group.

Iraqs forces were dispersed and deployed in small units for counter terror operations and were completely unprepared for a conventional attack so simply ran. If they had decent leadership they could have rallied those small units into a larger combined force to halt the attack in its tracts much sooner than they did. Once ISIS ran into real concentrated forces it was over. And Iraq began its counter offensive.

Now ISIS is in slow retreat mode. As Iraqs Army slowly advances and Shia militias prepare to join them on the offensive ISIS will not be able to hold as a conventional force. To make matters worse the Sunni and ISIS have had a serios of clashes are close to open fighting. That would lead ISIS retreating back into Syria.

ISIS is nothing special. They were just in the right place at the right time with right allies. Much as happened in Mali recently with the radical there who overtook half the country overnight in much the same way and then were rolled back.

So ISIS as a US proxy makes zero sense in particular as they are threat to US interests in the region.

edit on 2-8-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Mr. Spad, I respect your opinions, even if you seem rather biased most the time, but we all are in one respect or another, so there is that.

However, Daesh is anything but "regular". Anything but.

While you are reasonably correct in much of your thinking, something happened from them being "just another terrorist group" in 2010-2011. They became rich.

They started in Iraq as being another al-Qaeda group, fighting alongside other groups like everyone else. Something changed which gave them, and only them, enough money for what they started doing. They weren't head of anything in Iraq in the beginning, they were a small group that operated and were funded equally with other small groups in the area.

Suddenly, THEY got their hands on money, enough money to break from everyone... literally everyone.

I do agree with you, and hope alongside you... that they get defeated. We can only pray.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join