It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT'S SPREADING: Liberian dies in Morocco of Ebola

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Good question. I found this....

Mosquito and insect bites as well as flies, mice, and cockroaches coming in contact with an Ebola symptom bearer, and also coming in contact with a healthy person have also shown to be a direct means of fluid contacts. The indirect fluid contact involves sneezing or coughing in the face of a healthy person by a symptom bearer. Contaminated equipment at health centers treating Ebola victims can also transmit virus to a healthy person.

theliberiandialogue.org...

I wonder what the mosquito population is in Atlanta this time of year?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: ozwest
a reply to: 00nunya00

All of the sudden America will be shocked. The best and brightest are interacting with Asia because western countries steal. Asian countries encourage my business. Western workers (I'm one) are better, but gov't suffocates you. East is open for business.

Dude, I'm not trying to argue that one hemisphere is "better" or "more moral" than the other. Mao killed 40 million of his own people based on well-intentioned mistakes. ALL humans in power steal, lie, and oppress for their own profit. Just because they offer you "three cups of tea" where you do your business, does not mean that the first-world country you return to will have the 100% effective protocols in place to protect you from infection (even less, the third-world countries you are flying out of). That's exactly how infectious diseases spread; the attitude that "it can't happen to me because XYZ."

they said the Titanic could never sink..look what happened there....people have been wrong before and will be again..I don't think we should panic ..but good to keep an eye on this

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Good question. As I live a short 2 hour drive from Atlanta. I can tell you the mosquito population is way below our norm for this time of year, due to an unusually cool, as in lack of normal Summer temps, weather pattern. What would normally be a day in the 90's today, up in the mountains where I am...is now sitting at 73 degrees.

I've had very few mosquitos in my pond, as others up here, have noted on their properties.

This is good news, I expect.

Des

edit on 3-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned that the deadly ebola virus could spread to other countries and become a global crisis.

The warning came from the head of WHO Dr. Margaret Chan, who said that the epidemic in West Africa is spiralling out of control and could potentially cause a catastrophic loss of life.

link

la2

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The main issue with this is, as you said he was travelling at the most contagious period of the infection, how many people did he come into contact with over those two days? The other main worry is Morocco and it's geographic location, the strait of Gibraltar is only 8.5 miles wide, that's less than 10 miles to Spain, this is worrying!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: la2

donald trump now flapping in the breeze, says we shouldn't let those to back in to the usa....they volunteered to go there, they take the consequences of that decision...should be treated over there.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
Not sure if my belongs here but I don't see a more relevant thread, and I am too new as a member of ATS to post my own.

In any case, to the many points raised by people on multiple ebola threads here, with regards to controlling the influx of the disease, I for one was dismayed at seeing this in the news this morning:

(CNN) — A retired American doctor who was working with Ebola patients in West Africa returned to the United States — and put himself in quarantine.

Dr. Alan Jamison volunteered in the Liberian capital of Monrovia this month as part of an international medical group. He returned to the United States on July 25, according to Medical Teams International, the organization he worked with.

MTI declined to discuss details of how Jamison traveled back to the United States, including whether he was on a commercial flight.

Link

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I'm going to guess that the vast majority of U.S citizens who are following this news would agree with Donald Trump.
I know that I do.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I'm going to guess that the vast majority of U.S citizens who are following this news would agree with Donald Trump.
I know that I do.

That scares me more than Ebola.

la2

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I totally agree, there should have been set up a triage area outside the infected region, like they do with chemical and biological accidents, so those entering the area have a safe decontamination area. The idea of bringing it back to a country that is infection free really boggles the mind, unless the poor patient is being used as a lab rat, there is already reports of US biological warfare experts visiting the infection zone.

The worry would be this outbreak spreading to Europe, especially if we are led to believe that Ebola is far easier to spread than the press are letting on..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: la2

there should have been set up a triage area outside the infected region

You mean inside the jungle? Or between African countries that have borders without surveillance?

like they do with chemical and biological accidents, so those entering the area have a safe decontamination area.

Yes, that's exactly what they are doing. The problem is many people there don't understand what a virus is. Healers are telling the populations that Ebola doesn't exist, funerals are being made in normal tradition, which involves kissing and hugging the corpse before burying it.

Also, they don't understand contamination "jumps", so they wear the suits but maybe didn't really care where they putted them, or what they touched before or after putting the suit.

That's why western aid workers are getting sick, the people who are supposed to be helping them don't know what they are doing.

The problem around places like ATS who are so eager to spread panic, is that you don't understand these cultures, you don't understand how such poor countries think and act. When Ebola started to appear, nobody ran to the hospitals, they ran to healers.

That alone tells you a little bit as to why Ebola is spreading.

The idea of bringing it back to a country that is infection free really boggles the mind, unless the poor patient is being used as a lab rat, there is already reports of US biological warfare experts visiting the infection zone.

The problem with that mentality is that if Ebola is in fact going to spread to the US or other parts of the World, it won't have anything to do with these doctors.

Aren't you guys these mojjo-dojjo's of conspiracies? Aren't you supposed to track down what nobody else see's? Then why the f# are you paying attention to the doctor that is surrounded by virologists and guys in hazmat suits and specialized aircraft? I'm pretty sure none of those guys is going to spread the virus, they are having a blast using their suits and advanced cleaning agents.

The threat is coming from the idiot who thinks he just has a flu, doesn't tell anybody about it and still gets on a plane to visit someone in Central Europe or any of the Americas. You know, the type of idiot who doesn't tell anybody because everyone in the US is saying to keep sick people away, so he hides the fact he is sick.

The worry would be this outbreak spreading to Europe, especially if we are led to believe that Ebola is far easier to spread than the press are letting on..

Well, contrary to the panic-starters around here, I actually live near Africa. Gibraltar is just a little bit to the South. Nobody is worried here. Hospitals have been prepared for Ebola for... 3 weeks now? Or more, can't remember.

And it's not easier to spread. It's actually a lot harder.

What people don't understand is that Ebola is spreading because it is in countries where there are no proper means to fight it. I mean, where have you people been for the last 100 years? Don't you know how desolated Africa is?

Ebola spreads because hygiene, advanced and clean medical equipment and other factors aren't as well developed as in Europe or America's.

If we would go insane of panicked each time there is a health crisis in Africa, we wouldn't leave our homes. And we are the ones who get boats with 1500+ illegal immigrants on our coastal lines.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I saw this interview, posted on the 25th, a little hard to follow along with the accent but this is a huge deal, so this guy was on the flight about 9 or 10 days ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Excellent reporting.. thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VashKonnor

....Aren't you guys these mojjo-dojjo's of conspiracies? Aren't you supposed to track down what nobody else see's? Then why the f# are you paying attention to the doctor that is surrounded by virologists and guys in hazmat suits and specialized aircraft? I'm pretty sure none of those guys is going to spread the virus, they are having a blast using their suits and advanced cleaning agents.

The threat is coming from the idiot who thinks he just has a flu, doesn't tell anybody about it and still gets on a plane to visit someone in Central Europe or any of the Americas. You know, the type of idiot who doesn't tell anybody because everyone in the US is saying to keep sick people away, so he hides the fact he is sick.

....we would go insane of panicked each time there is a health crisis in Africa, we wouldn't leave our homes. And we are the ones who get boats with 1500+ illegal immigrants on our coastal lines.

GREAT post! S&

...and please excuse me for cherry-picking.

edit on 3/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm surprised that they are letting people from infected regions fly around where ever they please. They should at least be tested for the incubation period.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

So far there have been 1440 cases of Ebola. So far all of these cases have originated in Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia. These three countries have a combined population of about 21 million. That means that since February only .006% of the population of these three countries have been infected. The odds that someone getting on a plane is infected is astronomical. Once again this isn't the Spanish Flu. This is something that has a slow rate of transmission and quickly kills its host. It simply doesn't have the characteristics to become a worldwide pandemic.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Agree 100%.

If people haven't read what I posted about Sawyer in this thread and the original article, I urge you to do so. I think it illustrates this point in part very well.
edit on 3-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

What people don't understand is that Ebola is spreading because it is in countries where there are no proper means to fight it.

Don't leave out denial and intentional deception like the OP pointed out so clearly.

Most People don't want to believe they have any fatal condition.

The five stages:
Shock

Denial

Anger

Blame

Acceptance

Some go through the first four quickly others never reach the acceptance stage.

Comparing that to belief systems around the world may help one see the truth of it.

Like Religion and the war on terror for instance.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The planet is overpopulated and "those" who can and do control what goes on, on this distressed planet, are starting to cull the herd.

Oh well, time for another Fort Garry Dark Ale....

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

yikes.... double post. Not good; read the one above

edit on 3-8-2014 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join