It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT'S SPREADING: Liberian dies in Morocco of Ebola

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
To me, ebola just looks, and quacks like a red herring.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Could you look for a better dragon to slay? According to WHO statistics, 627,000 people died last year of malaria.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Glad to see you're looking to African sources. Couple of things - the 'running away' dates back to the early days and a lot resulted because of persistent rumors people were being purposefully infected at the Kenema Hospital (It wasn't just an anti-medical thing, it was very specific to the region). Also, the African reporting has changed a lot - it's easy to when the damage control sets in, and the agenda-shifts. Lots of conflicting reports in Africa about Sawyer at the time it was going down. Just sayin'. .....and the biggest thing for me - where is the news from Nigeria? There were early reports suggesting other infections, and there IS a lab there connected to US research. But the controls now are tight, tight, tight. Straight denials. .......???

Oh yeah, also - Liberia and Sierra Leone are using armed soldiers for quarantine, closing schools etc., but Guinea says such actions make the situation worse. ....Watcha thinK?

F&S&
of course.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I'm not an expert, but where the general area of the AIDS virus was supposedly started. I love the way people immediately walk away due to (Top secret classification)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yep, the latest relevant to Monsanto and the DOD helping with funding for Ebola treatment methods and where billions can be made from that effort does get my attention big time! Folks get out there in droves every flu season and the vaccines/big pharma industry cleans up....imagine a scare of this magnitude and how many people will be pushing and shoving to get their "treatment" first.

Worrying about flights now is like worrying about pregnancy after the prophylactic breaks. The open border policy we have going on now could really help round out pretty much spreading any disease right now big time. If folks can make it to an air plane and travel and not have symptoms yet, they can make it over in those buses and other modes and arrive here. If this entire scenario is for real, then we have a lot to worry about and not much us common folks can do about it all. Folks from ANY country can be arriving here via borders, boats, planes, trains, whatever. Closing the barn doors now may be too late..."Behold, the pale horse may already be here"...(Sorry Bill Cooper, just hadda).

Some animals got Ebola without any contact...in separate cages and in separate parts of the lab...air born vector still possible.

Safety procedures...Plum Island used duct tape to seal doors at times. That Anthr%x during nine el*ven got out of one of our own labs. Confidence factor relevant to safety and containment of this horror is not high IMHO.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Actually, the 'running' away I'm documenting here are the healthcare workers themselves. It appears they either fear inadequate resources to prevent their own infection or they fear attacks from resident nationals. These stories are all being reported in the last 48 hours.

Regarding Sawyer, I'm not familiar enough with the African source, but it appears to be one of the larger ones- not specifically Nigerian. So no early reason to discredit it.

I'm tracking several African publications now. It''s interesting to compare which ones have a 'state' controlled message vs the independent ones. But there are nuggets of interest in all of them.

originally posted by: soficrow
Oh yeah, also - Liberia and Sierra Leone are using armed soldiers for quarantine, closing schools etc., but Guinea says such actions make the situation worse. ....Watcha thinK?

I think hell on earth has already been unleashed there. Our best bet now is if the virus proves insufficiently virulent to continue its spread. It's clear our inaction has made it worse...and our actions have made it worse. No wins any way you look at it.
edit on 2-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Lol with all the crazy stuff in the world.... it will be ebola that wipes us out? what an anti-climax!

i was at least expecting zombies or ww3!!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I doubt it will wipe us out.

But it does have the potential to be a significant problem. Just add it to a growing list of problems we face in this country.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this was posted earlier, but that ebola case in Morocco was a false alarm right ?

Whether or not they're saying the truth, they make a point about the pilgrimage in Mecca...
Imagine how easily it would be to get infected in massive crowds of pilgrims from all over the world, africa included.

link

edit on 2-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

I found a story about a Moroccan woman returning from Mecca, but It's not clear if this is the Liberian the interior Minister mentioned in the OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I found a story about a Moroccan woman returning from Mecca, but It's not clear if this is the Liberian the interior Minister mentioned in the OP.

The only link saying it is a false alarm, concerning the Liberian man, is in french. They are saying he suffered a stroke and tests have conducted confirming it is negative for the ebola virus.
They also say, the tests were done in concert with the WHO.

Liberian Man in Morocco

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast
To me, ebola just looks, and quacks like a red herring.

Purrs like a kitten, meows like a kitten, cuddles like a kitten. Must be a kitten? Nope, its a Tiger,,,,Too late.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

This was the one I was talking about:

High Alert in Casablanca Airport After Death of Woman Returning from Mecca

I cant find another english source concerning the OP article.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Lol with all the crazy stuff in the world.... it will be ebola that wipes us out? what an anti-climax!

i was at least expecting zombies or ww3!!

I remember watching a documentary where scientists postulated that mankind's demise might not come from a fiery asteroid nor a solar flare, but from something innocuous as a cold virus gone mutant.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lance_covel

thanks for putting this thread together , digging up info.....it is disconcerting...will keep an eye on this thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

A cold fungal virus you say? Let's blame that on Russia. Sounds good to me (general consensus). Good night.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozwest

A cold fungal virus you say? Let's blame that on Russia. Sounds good to me (general consensus). Good night.

Lay off the pipe. No one said anything about a "fungal" virus (which is an oxymoron in itself) OR Russia. Your comments on these threads about ebola make no sense. Please explain what in the hell you are trying to say?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

That might be possible, but I doubt it. More likley, a huge mutant Ninja Turtle called your government will destroy you and meet Godzilla off the Sea of Japan. LOL

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

PLEASE!!!!

This is a serious topic, and requires civil and on topic discussion.......

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join