It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patients Flee, Tellewoyan Hospital Shut Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

This is an example of what's going on in Africa right now with the Ebola outbreak. It is a taste of what's to come if this thing gets out in the US, or anywhere else for that matter.

This is a real-life zombie apocalypse, no joke!

Monrovia - The streets of Voinjama City, the provincial capital of Lofa County, on Tuesday witness a scene of panic with residents running helter-skelter when dozens of suspected Ebola patients ran from their holding room in the main hospital’s compound and started loitering around other wards that hosted several patients with different medical problems.

Tokpa Tarnue, a local journalist on the scene told FrontPageAfrica Wednesday that the majority of the suspected patients were in a holding room at the Tellewoyan Memorial Hospital while awaiting their departure for a treatment and isolation center in Foya when they abruptly left their room and moved into other wards that later resulted to all health workers escaping the hospital compound in deep fear.

According to the journalist, the suspected patients managed to leave the hospital premises and ran into various homes and streets, a situation that caused severe panic among citizens and residents of Voinjama who were likewise escaping from the patients fearing not to contract the deadly Ebola virus. He told FrontPageAfrica that for several hours Voinjama was like a ghost town as many residents escaped the city while others locked themselves in their homes.

Said the local journalist: “Everybody left. They had suspected Ebola patients in a holding room that is not well equipped. They are normally kept there before they are taken to Foya. In the process of doing that, those suspected patients left their wards and stating entering the children's ward and other places while they were vomiting and releasing feces at the same time. Based on that the entire hospital staff all left including the doctors and nurses. Up to now they have not gone back to work.”

According to the journalist, the entire Tellewoyan Hospital facility, including the Outpatient Department (OPD) has been temporarily shut down and has been sprayed while heath workers are demanding police protection before they resume work. He said Barkedu town in Quardu Gboni district is now reporting the highest numbers of Ebola cases in the county as compare to Foya which was topping the number of cases.

The Tellewoyan Memorial Hospital is the largest referral hospital in Lofa County, which caters to several critical medical cases in the county. Some health workers in the county have reportedly refused to return to work fearing the deadly Ebola virus that has already killed 672 persons in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.

SLEEP TIGHT!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
wa reply to: LrdRedhawk
What were they (the ebola patients) running from?

edit on 2-8-2014 by igloo because: clarification

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

while they were vomiting and releasing feces at the same time.

not sure,,,
edit on 8/2/2014 by BobAthome because: seen a mouse maybe???

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

not sure,,,

Haha saw a mouse! Ya I felt stupid asking the question but, personally, running would be the last thing on my mind if I was vomiting and sharting myself simultaneously.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

not sure,,,

Yeah that's a zombie outbreak without all the biting. Pretty sure people are not going to act sane when this is eating their brain.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpintology

k I get it... didn't realize the brain was affected too. Thanks.

not sure,,,

Yeah that's a zombie outbreak without all the biting. Pretty sure people are not going to act sane when this is eating their brain.

edit on 2-8-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2014 by igloo because: edits didn't work

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Maybe they thought the gov't was going to 'take them out'.. incinerate them or something, or leave them to die somewhere with no help. Or.. Maybe they're just not very rational and in a panic, and feel like they are saving their lives by running.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I tried to answer to pimpintology earlier that I was unaware that ebola affected the mind but my words wouldn't post. Anyhow, it makes sense as I once had a fever so high I panicked and acted weird.

I just couldn't get my head around the original article and probably misread it as the patients were running from something. Sorry to wander off topic.

The whole thing is rather disturbing and grim.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Maybe they thought the gov't was going to 'take them out'.. incinerate them or something, or leave them to die somewhere with no help. Or.. Maybe they're just not very rational and in a panic, and feel like they are saving their lives by running.

Yes I think you are correct. These people were waiting to be sent to a facility where they will die in isolation, like back in the black plague days. I would say that their infectious bodies are probably cremated after death, which may also clash with their own burial beliefs and customs. Unless of course, it really is a Zombie plague that is being reported as Ebola to stem global panic.
edit on 2-8-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Probably looking for a doctor, nurse, a bathroom, some warm water to drink.

Norovirus is bad enough. That makes your stomach feel as heavy as a bowling ball, with the result you can't eat or drink anything for days and makes you poop and vomit continuously. In this situation, your #1 need is a clean toilet bowl, a sink, warm water and clean clothes.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I would imagine they were running in sheer desperation and panic. They're very sick and know that they're going to die. It's so sad.

new topics

top topics

join