It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH17 & Murdoch !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Heres who really controls a large chunk of global MSM priorities, a monopolist in Australia's case

How deeply have Rupert Murdoch's close relations with world leaders affected –and even precipitated – world conflicts since World War II? Rodney E. Lever considers.

Source

Air Iran Flight 655, was a civilian passenger plane on a regularly scheduled daily flight from Tehran to Dubai. On July 3, 1988, it was carrying 16 crew members and 66 children and their mothers returning from holidays. One child was a three-year-old girl. It was following its regular daily flight path when the U.S. guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes fired an SM-2MR surface-to-air missile. The Middle East reporter Robert Fisk of Murdoch-owned The Times, in London, heard the explosion. He told of seeing black clothed women, some holding young children close to their bodies, dropping from the sky into the Persian Gulf. They looked like angels, he wrote.Fisk’s brilliant story was plastered all over the front page of first edition of The Times. Murdoch rang the editor from Washington and ordered him to drop it. On this issue, Robert Fisk resigned from The Times after 20 years and went to work at another paper, The Independent. Murdoch had just had lunch with Ronald Reagan.

Source

edit on 1-8-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

The US Navy acknowledged what occurred and did not try to disavow / lie about it. In the end the US compensated the Iranians affected by it with the blessing of the Iranian government.

I wish RT / Russia would take the hint with their media.

Was there any particular issue surrounding your topic you wanted to discuss or?
edit on 2-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
People always focus on Murdoch being bad (which he is) but what I find ten times more interesting is why nobody ever focuses on the other five companies that own 90% of U.S media, they are…
Disney
Viacom
CBS
Time Warner
GE
www.businessinsider.com...

In 1983 this 90% was owned by 50 companies.

News Corp was the only Rupert Murdoch entity in this big six list. It has now been split between itself and "21s Century Fox" (both still controlled by Murdoch naturally)
en.wikipedia.org...

But what of the other characters dealings? Could it be that Murdoch is actually the best of a bad bunch and that's why they've agreed to put the spotlight on him?
Or that Murdoch isn't as powerful as the others -who actually succeed in using their own media, to keep themselves out of the list of the public eye.

Basically: It's not just Murdoch who is failing to report that e.g. U.S Satellite images showed Ukraine firing the BUK missile at MH-17 aun-tv.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Liberal1984

Believe it or not the TV show The West Wing did an episode on the media ownership conglomerates. When CJ could not get the media to write about media ownership she removed chairs in the press briefing room. With the 20-30 media outlets that go to the briefing, only 7 chairs remained. She explained that out of the entire press corp, all reporters were employed by 1 of 7 media conglomerates.

It demonstrated exactly what you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

People always focus on Murdoch being bad (which he is) but what I find ten times more interesting is why nobody ever focuses on the other five companies that own 90% of U.S media, they are…
Disney
Viacom
CBS
Time Warner
GE

The list should be weighted on the actual amount of news publishing companies they own - Disney, for example, is the largest company here but does not have a lot of news publishing companies under it's belt - only ABC News I believe - as compared to the film and entertainment studio's it owns.

News Corp, on the other hand, is almost entirely about publishing "news," and it does so worldwide.

List of assets owned by News Corp

This list looks at the actual news media outlets and who owns them. Disney, CBS, Westinghouse, and Time Warner pale in comparison to the actual number of news channels and news papers owned by Murdoch and News Corp.

Who Owns The News?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

BlackMarketeer: Disney, CBS, Westinghouse, and Time Warner pale in comparison to the actual number of news channels and news papers owned by Murdoch and News Corp.
Westinghouse isn’t on the big 6 list.
But it together with the others, own far more news than News Corp, and yet they still sing from exactly the same hymn sheet. Who writes this hymn sheet?
Whoever does, makes Murdoch only a symptom of a bigger problem, and whoever else does means his personal fame is actually becoming a distraction against others in the chain, who could otherwise prove weaker links in the chain of deception.

After all…
If just one of these companies broke the “hymn sheet”, then it could quickly lose the others business (real news sells is just as commercial as bad news). Only by working together (through faces & communications as yet unknown) can these news directors, promote pretty much whatever warped version of reality they like.

I think if people start seeing the news owners for what they are: A royal family, as opposed to a one man dynasty, then cracks in the screen have a better chance of being made.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

but what I find ten times more interesting is why nobody ever focuses on the other five companies that own 90% of U.S media

Because 95% of posters have no clue of what they are talking about.
They just want to blame their pathetic lives on someone other than themselves.

Lets just get another tattoo and bitch about being oppressed.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wish RT / Russia would take the hint with their media.

Well if they were REALLY guilty i think they honestly would admit their guilt
Their good people Russians not Monsters. Many conservative Russians are devout Eastern orthodox Christians which more than can be said for many in western politics.

Was there any particular issue surrounding your topic you wanted to discuss or?

My point if any is just because m17 is a recent crime against civilians doesn't detract from past war crimes etc.. While I am not big on any racial thing. I believe there is fair amount of it in relation to this. It seems just because mh17 were mainly Caucasian they more important than say the previous war crime i quoted with the Iranian air 655 where they were all Persians.
Also the way the western msm is behaving they are making all pro separatists or Russians out to be slavic gorillas or monsters looks like of some of the old ww1 barbaric propaganda hun posters I ve seen of the kaisers germany in wwi propaganda i learned in modern history at school by the brits never changes much not even now.
Also the fact that Murdoch told his new ltd network to drop the story. No wonder so many mainstream liberal sheeple don't seem to know anything about it!

edit on 3-8-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

People always focus on Murdoch being bad (which he is) but what I find ten times more interesting is why nobody ever focuses on the other five companies that own 90% of U.S media, they are… Disney Viacom CBS Time Warner GE www.businessinsider.com...

I chose to focus on him because he monopolises so much of Australias public opinion via a monopoly on much of our commerical news networks.It is therefore very hard to deny his power over Australia atleast. I realise the US still has a few more players in media.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

No, i dont like tattoos in the slightest nor piercings either nor beards either not a hipster too old for that!

Nice try sorry wrong guess

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Murdoch was extremely powerful during the 80's, 90's, 00's.. but print media's time is over and he was too late to the party with Internet media, not that it would have mattered anyway.

Murdoch s last hoorah was in 2001/2002/2003. The Bush government at the time paid some serious money and made some incredible deals to have the Murdoch media spin the official Iraqi WMD threat scenario! Murdoch cashed his chips in after that event. Now his sons the threat

I don't think he was orchestrating world events, or participating in government action... he was just the guy everyone came too after the fact, to hide the fact!

Its Murdochs son we need to concentrate on

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I don't think he was orchestrating world events, or participating in government action... he was just the guy everyone came too after the fact, to hide the fact!

Did you read it the article i opened this thread with.The evidence is there i even underlined it!
Who do you think is orchestrating influence now then I am interested? Why not post examples of your claims since I have posted mine.

new topics

top topics

join