It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake appears in Tunisia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Seems like there is new hope for some people there, a swimming hole.

www.grindtv.com...

Now they say it may be radioactive but that doesn't stop the swimmers. It seems strange that they can't clear up that radioactive issue within a few days, instead they just try to make the people afraid of the water. Test it already.

Is this new lake a side effect of something that happened a while back? www.abovetopsecret.com...=

Could it's impact have triggered something?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Interesting. So, a lake just appears? It just fills itself and stays that way? Strange, indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It's turning a little green they say in the article. Well no kidding, a bunch of people in a drought stricken area who probably haven't been able to take a bath for a year just jumped in. All these people were turning green from things living on them, now they are back to their natural colors.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Some very strange things are happening on our planet, and not all of them can be attributed to the stupidity of mankind.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
There is a lot of ground water under Tunisia also in Libya, so most likely the crust have broken and water got out.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Tunisia is located on a convergent tectonic boundary (where subduction zones form) so tectonic activity is certainly not unheard of. Suddenly appearing lakes are usually signs of recent tectonic activity.

As the article states, the "radiation", if present, would most likely be in the form of run off from local phosphorous mines (as opposed to radiation from a meteor). However, until tested, who can really say?

I once read an excellent interview with a famous (French i think) geologist who said he would never live near a lake due to the uncertain geology that usually surrounds them. Seems a bit alarmist to me but then i guess it depends upon the location - Lake District = ok, Lake Baikal = hmm.....

Thanks for sharing and thanks also to Dolluka for that map.

new topics

top topics

join