It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus 380 landing at SFO video from cockpit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Great camera work and visual display of a typical landing at San Francisco in the 380. This might have been their inaugural flight due to the fire truck positioning and wash down; we used to do that for last flight retirements.. I have made this approach and landing 100s of times and I can see the runway 28R is still rough and bumpy when they cross 35 left and right. The other thing of note for me is the checklist has been super shortened in the 380 plus the taxiway computer diagram is a nice touch... The hardest thing for a new Captain is finding the gates at some airports.. Anyway for those who are interested it is a pretty good video.. I was initially not impressed with the crew coordination as the first officer had not quite engaged his brain for the approach (plus different language did not help) but he got with the program and everything seemed to work out as planned. The 380 is a big bird and if you can fill it up with passengers should make the airlines money..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Nice find, I should dig out a couple of iphone videos I took some months back while doing engine power runs and one I took a fortnight ago whilst on a tow showing all the traffic and aircraft taking off and landing as I waited at the taxiway holding point for 20mins. All taken on 380's. Plus there is a great one of a post engine change run showing the huge cloud of smoke caused by all the inhibiting fluid burning off, quite spectacular and just a little worrying to all cars driving past on the road outside the perimeter.

LEE.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
From someone who knows nothing about flying an airplane, that cockpit looks pretty tight. I'm 6'5" and could not even imagine flying that plane without stopping to stretch my legs in between. Again, no idea...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
Its not as tight as you think. I work with guys your height and they can fit in no problem. The Capt and F/O' seats are electrically adjustable fore and aft as well as height as are the rudder/brake pedals. Plus you have the Airbus advantage of no control yoke to bang your knees on as you enter and exit. The centre pedestal for the table and OIT keyboard folds up then retracts all the way forward. You are right about one thing though, on a 12 or 13 hour long haul sector you do need to stretch your legs a few times.

LEE.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
That was pretty awesome. Big ass plane though. I like how there's a little fighter joystick instead of the usual there.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Great vid. Great find. Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nice video.
Didn't know that, this lumbering giant approaches at 160 kts
a reply to: 727Sky

top topics

join