It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N146PC Lockheed Martin "shuttle" aircraft at KTPH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
N146PC at KTPH

I managed to catch the Lockheed Martin "shuttle" aircraft (as in shuttling around employees to the ranges) just before it left the Tonopah civilian airport (KTPH). It flew south into the restricted range. I didn't have a scanner going to catch where it was headed. KTPH is uncontrolled, so I presume they get their clearance from Nellis Control.

I managed to catch the other Lockheed shuttle land at Groom Lake, but I don't know for a fact that N146PC ever landed there.

The plane is listed as experimental, but there is nothing out of place on the exterior as far as I know. The pod on the wing is the standard weather radar.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I noticed a bunch of pods underneath the wings and fuselage, possibly ECM pods? Spitballin

Scratch that, didn't research other examples before posting. Seem to be there for aerodynamics.
edit on 1-8-2014 by ZorgHeavyIndustries because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
N146PC at KTPH

I managed to catch the Lockheed Martin "shuttle" aircraft (as in shuttling around employees to the ranges) just before it left the Tonopah civilian airport (KTPH). It flew south into the restricted range. I didn't have a scanner going to catch where it was headed. KTPH is uncontrolled, so I presume they get their clearance from Nellis Control.

While hthere is no controlled Arport Traffic Area there, insitrument departures and approaches are controlled by Nellis Approach Control on 119.35 (VHF) or 254.4 (UHF) and there is a CTAF there on 123.0. The last time I flew out of there, the IFR clearance was from Fligt Service on the phone with a clearance void time.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Signal sniffer maybe,for anti intrusion?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

N146PC at KTPH

While hthere is no controlled Arport Traffic Area there, insitrument departures and approaches are controlled by Nellis Approach Control on 119.35 (VHF) or 254.4 (UHF) and there is a CTAF there on 123.0. The last time I flew out of there, the IFR clearance was from Fligt Service on the phone with a clearance void time.

Any flight will be pre-scheduled with clearance as to not interrupt certain daily activities. Certain shuttling is done to bring in execs or VIPs for demonstrations or viewing of the 'progress' .

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: STANDARD

originally posted by: F4guy

N146PC at KTPH

Well assuming they are heading to Groom or flying over the NTTR. It is possible they are just leaving KTPH for say KPMD, i.e. a bog standard flight. Then N146PC is just any other aircraft, albeit one that has left some rubber in cool places.

Any flight will be pre-scheduled with clearance as to not interrupt certain daily activities. Certain shuttling is done to bring in execs or VIPs for demonstrations or viewing of the 'progress' .

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure what happened to my previous post, but here is what is missing from the above message.
----------------

Well assuming they are heading to Groom or flying over the NTTR. It is possible they are just leaving KTPH for say KPMD, i.e. a bog standard flight. Then N146PC is just any other aircraft, albeit one that has left some rubber in cool places.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I'm not sure what happened to my previous post, but here is what is missing from the above message.
----------------

Agreed, but if this particular aircraft is doing multiple landings and take offs within a time frame, its safe to assume very interesting things are in works.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

----------------

Agreed, but if this particular aircraft is doing multiple landings and take offs within a time frame, its safe to assume very interesting things are in works.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You know they could be jamming data sources as sort of a shield when flying exotic tech, but it sounds more like someone tracking something.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: STANDARD

Most of their flights are VFR, hence not internet tracked, so how are you getting the flight data/frequency?

BTW, they do flights out of Henderson. Check out
35°58'55.75"N 115° 7'41.25"W
on Google Earth. It is a small park. Head south down the dog walk and you can view KHND activity. You will probably be the only person with a lawn chair and camera. ;-)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I have a funny story I was told about a trip n27ra took one time. Or at least the pilot and his passengers. Ill share it with you the day you get the FOIA on the crash.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Gariac, I have a question for you regarding this aircraft, and happenings around Groom and the TTR. Is it possible to converse over email about it?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: krislhull

Put a real email address in a PM. However, what is know about the plane is pretty much an open book on the internet. I have threads on ATS regarding it flying orbits, which I presume was UAV chase. This is to say I don't have any secret information on the plane.

I'm going to buy the FAA records and see if they list the special gear on the plane. Since the FAA reporting is kind of voluntary, i.e. nobody really checks up on it, I suspect a lot of omissions occur. I have been surprised on occasion what they do reveal. I ran into a report of a DosAW aircraft (N907AW) which indicated the cockpit was modified for flight using night vision goggles.

The plane is currently blocked on flightaware, and IIRC, this is the Lockheed shuttle without mode-s let alone ADS-B. The plane flies VFR usually to make it very hard to obtain information about its flights.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Well, it looks like I cant send PMs just yet! I don't see a way to contact you on your website, so maybe you can contact me through mine? www.hullaeroimages.com

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: krislhull

OK, but you need to have your website operational. ;-)

top topics

join