It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to use the “N” word?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Negative?

I mean,

Negative!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
War in the mid east killing children, Ebola running rampid, country's shooting plains with civilians on board out of the sky, people fleeing a country to make it to the US border ect ect.......

Theirs more going on in the world other than words that hurt someone's feelers. On top of that I thought racism was dead we elected our first black POTUS not one time but two times.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

We need entertainment to escape the realities of life and death....

Kardashians anyone? Or maybe we can program a boxing game where your opponent is Beiber?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why so much fuss over one word you don't see people fighting to use words like that that are made for other races. You don't see fight for the use of beaner , honkey , chink or the other ones what is the fascination on the word 'n-word' so much. So what blacks don't like whites using that word. Mexicans don't like whites using some words as well why are you not up at arms and fighting to use there words every race has words that they don't like others to use get over it

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When it comes to the use of the said word, and how it is used, look at the age of the person.

At one time it was correct to say the N word and use such. There are many examples on how it was used in everyday language and culture. As time went by it went from meaning one things to being something derogatory. Yet what should be noted, is that the very people who it offends often are the ones who will use it more times than not.

How can it be correct for one group to use such to refer to each other, and not correct for the rest? Better that all lets it go and not use it, than one person use it and the world wonders why or how is it correct in the first place.

And it is still around in some of the popular songs, and some of the more great works of literature. Should we now ban those works of art, for the sake of not offending? Do we now censor such, as being inappropriate for people to read or view? And what about comics, do you ban them from using such in their art form, actors and comedians or the past like Richard Pryor or Don Rickles? Or how about the comedic styling’s of Chris Rock and Eddy Murphy, are they now banned from performing in public cause they used said word, something forbidden in their comedy? Even Whoppie, told a very racist joke once, but turned around to ask people if they laughed, why did they find it so funny or if they did not what was it not so funny. Is she now to be censored for such? Kind of makes you think.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
All I know is if I was black, the word would not bother me one bit. In fact I would laugh at peple who called me that word and pat them on the pat with a chuckle.

How do I know this? Because there are plenty of derogatory terms for my race and I don't get offended at a single one of them. Im not weakened by a word.

I had this conversation with my brother a few years ago and he said he would fight someone if they called him ***** or ******* and I said, why?? Who cares honestly? They're just words man.

I thought about it for a few seconds and decided if I was a wealthy black person and someone called me Ni**er, I would invite that person down to the local exotic car dealership and buy them whatever car they liked, and tell them "now you can tell everyone you know that a Ni**er bought you a Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo" etc. whatever it was.

The key is to take the power out of the word, show that you're stronger and better than that crap. Words only have power over people if people allow it.

It's like both Morgan Freeman and Samuel L. have said when asked how racism should be handled, they said: "Stop talking about it".

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
Wow, I am shocked that no one used the word "niggardly" as a punchline in this thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

There is a harsh truth in that video that will unfortunately be missed by many.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
CRACKER HA,HA,HA first time I heard that I freaked out the guy who was trying to fight me by laughing hysterically.
Always though "bleach" would be more apropos.
Besides THEY are BROWN and albinos only get pink they are about as white at white gets ,I'm lt. BEIGE because I 'm a night guy.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Gotta ask...

Why do you feel is necessary that ATS allow this? It's a word that many, including myself, find offensive.

Can you not find a word, or words to convey your thought on a matter without using terms/words that convey such offense to many?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot
Video completely staged

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Because he has never seen the pain it caused FIRST hand.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wtf

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've always wanted to call someone a honkey.
i hate those damn honkeys!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Gotta ask...

Why do you feel is necessary that ATS allow this? It's a word that many, including myself, find offensive.

Can you not find a word, or words to convey your thought on a matter without using terms/words that convey such offense to many?

I don't believe the Op is trying to offend. I believe it has more to do with it being a controversial topic and that's kind of what we do here at ATS. We tackle tough topics.

Isn't this the sort of thing you would address over a couple of beers with some friends; the word's meaning, evolution and most importantly...its consequences?

That's my take anyway. It's just a discussion. No harm intended.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

This is a discussion for whites basically... And believe it or not NON whites do read these treads and find this crap offensive. Wow shocker huh..... Couldn't find anything else to ponder on?

Oh so people on here call their black friends racial slurs and visa versa. That's not funny to me, or impressive the least bit. We all have friends we joke around with but the main focus being "the N word" I gotta SMH at the idiots making this an actual discussion. I thought id see some interesting threads considering all the nonsense going on in the word. Then you see #%*! like this and wonder how far down the sh*tter this sites heading.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Just like the n word and it's past honky has its past it came from white guys going to black sex houses and they where afraid to go in so they honked there horn to get the pimp to come out and invite him in.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was pissed off today when I went to the bank to open a savings account. My interest rate was a niggardly 1%!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The only people that have a problem with it in my experience is older people. I am a light skinned mostly native, no one my age had any problem with me saying it to them, and I didn't have a problem with them saying it to me. I went to school with the worst of the worst in the tristate, the only person that ever had a fit was a parent of one of the other students. He had no issue with his son saying whats up 'n-word' to me, but tried to fight me when I returned the greeting. I was respectful of my peer and didn't break his pops in half, just blocked until the security guards grabbed him and pulled him away. My peer was embarrassed as hell by his pops behavior.

It was a normal word in my school really, even the guards used it, mostly black, a few white, and even a chinese guy. Most of the guards and teachers there were also from the hood, trying to make a difference, that was just how people spoke. No one batted an eye, except the cops that came around.
edit on Fri, 01 Aug 2014 22:23:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why should we not use the "N" word? Is it that taboo? I use it quite frequently in conversations with people of all races and orientations. None of them have ever been shocked or dismayed. We are talking about NASCAR aren't we? lol My neck is showing isn't it? Red as can be. In all seriousness, if that word (offensive as it may be) is the biggest issue in any of our lives, that person is truly blessed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join