It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'We tortured some folks'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh, so 'you' admit that torturing Khalid Sheikh Mohammed for "evidence" of 9/11 (Mastermind(?)), you were given false information, and were actually hunting the wrong guy(s).. ?

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the self-confessed mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, was brutally interrogated countless times by the CIA following his capture in 2003. But while the methods the CIA used to break down their prisoner were well-worn, the way in which they pieced him back together was not. They did so by allowing one of the world’s most feared terrorists to design his own vacuum cleaner.

Mohammed’s interest in the topic, according to an extraordinary tale pieced together by the Associated Press, seems to have begun in the basement of a CIA secret prison in Romania, where he had been transferred after being tortured (including being waterboarded no less than 183 times) at a similar site in Poland, following his capture in Pakistan.

source

Ohh and Iraq ..

The US gov is in deep #... but it will be "tolerated", because money makes the world go around 'eh ?

Waterboarded 183 times? If that was me i would have thrown in the assassination of JFK and the location of Jimmy Hoffa!
Sick bastards!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Folks? Like Ma n Pa Kettle?

Maybe he said f###s IDK.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I guess Obama didn't want anyone to know how much we tortured folks:

W.H. TO MAKE TORTURE REPORT 'IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND'

edit on 5-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If the US is this glorious democracy based on justice, then it should prosecute those involved in this horrible crime, torture. Covering up the crime with fancy words, are not going to change facts.

Justice for all - remember!

Lets start with the guys having the responsibility, and gave their acknowledgement to these atrocities. Then we can work our way down thru the pyramid.

Ok then. The top cabal:

George W. Bush - Dick Cheney - Donald Rumsfeld - Condoleeza Rice

From there you work your way down, to the last man carrying out the crime, because he/she is guilty too. No such thing as "I was just following orders"... - Clean it all out! With justice and fairness, which supposedly is the democratic foundation in the US, right ?

It's not like Justice is a new concept for George Bush:

Neither the poster...

edit on 5/8/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
What a bizarre down-home way to put it.

"We tortured some folks."

Makes it sound as American as apple pie!

Yeah, I don't like when he talks like that. Sounds too much like Sarah Palin. "We tortured some folks - you betcha!" Double yuck.

However, I think he knows we already know that - so it's not some revelation. He's just reminding us where the CIA went wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
We have been doing so since the days of VIetnam.
Under the CLinton adminitration.
Under the Bush administration.
Hell it is still going on.

Not to argue Neo's point, but to use this as an example of a common thought that this is nothing new...

I highly recommend everyone read "SENATE ARMED SERVICES COMMITTEE INQUIRY INTO THE TREATMENT OF DETAINEES IN U.S. CUSTODY" which was released a few years back. Look it up. The PDF is out there.

It details how the use of SERE techniques were pushed by Cheney and Rumsfeld onto the interrogators at Gitmo. It also details how the heads at Gitmo resisted, questioning the legalities, and pointing out that those torture techniques do not provide reliable data... that it often results in false confessions. For quite some time the lawyers for Gitmo went back and forth with Attorney General Alberto Gonzales who was pushing for Cheney/Rumsfeld's new torture plan. Gitmo resisted most strongly on the issue of legalities; it being illegal to torture. So to get around this stumbling block, with the help of Alberto Gonzales, the Bush Admin re-defined torture and made it LEGAL. The term "Enhanced Interrogation" was born. Gitmo now had legal authority... but many of their interrogators were not schooled on "enhanced interrogation". So, Cheney & Rumsfeld sent some new interrogation instructors to train them all in the new legal ways of torture.

That is the short, short paraphrased version.

Torture HAS been going on for a long time, but legally it has not. Now it is legal.

THAT is the precedent set by Bush, continued by Obama.

Any terrorist suspect (pretty much anyone) can now be detained indefinitely, tortured indefinitely-- And it's all legal.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The CIA was built with NAZIS. They have NAZI tradition, values, and methods. Under Reagan, they imported Cocaine to addict children so they could have funding for their black projects without going to Congress with their hand out. During Vietnam they imported Heroin from the Golden Triangle to make individuals in the agency rich. They are not working for America, they are working for themselves. It is time to disband the CIA.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join