It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive emergency drill in New York City

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

No, I don't mind what ever your opinion is, as you have a right to post it.

In a civil manner as per the Terms and Conditions of this site.

However, you clearly stated:

I think its a little unrealistic and perhaps even a bit disingenuous to critique conspiracy theorists in a forum that is setup for this type of discussion.

To which, I disagree. It's very important for conspiracy theorists to be critiqued in my opinion, and the good thing is that ATS also agrees with it.

I may not agree with the manner in which a person critiques a CT (IE insults them, calls them names, etc), but then, that is what the ALERT button is for. That allows the mods on here to come take a look. They may (or may not) agree with there being a problem.

However, people's conspiracy theories will be critique by other members on here. Some by those that have their own conspiracy theories.

That's what makes ATS such a great place.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
Well i dont live in NY and i am always willing to learn thats what life is about. Not trying to disrespect you or anything but you are on a conspiracy site u know we look at things a lil different..

That doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of damage control types to derail your thread. They can't stand it when you question authority!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

No, I don't mind what ever your opinion is, as you have a right to post it.

In a civil manner as per the Terms and Conditions of this site.

However, you clearly stated:

I think its a little unrealistic and perhaps even a bit disingenuous to critique conspiracy theorists in a forum that is setup for this type of discussion.

To which, I disagree. It's very important for conspiracy theorists to be critiqued in my opinion, and the good thing is that ATS also agrees with it.

I may not agree with the manner in which a person critiques a CT (IE insults them, calls them names, etc), but then, that is what the ALERT button is for. That allows the mods on here to come take a look. They may (or may not) agree with there being a problem.

However, people's conspiracy theories will be critique by other members on here. Some by those that have their own conspiracy theories.

That's what makes ATS such a great place.

We are talking about two very different aspects. My reference point wasn't about the value of questioning or critiquing CTs. It was about a false premise that any question of governments and their motives represents a devaluation of everyone's work. Apparently, someone feels unappreciated in his or her work place and is projecting internalized, misappropriated frustrations on posters. I'm qualified to recognize and deal with misplaced anger.

edit on 3-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

We are derailing the thread, as the subject is not about critiques of CTs, or different aspects there of.
This is a public forum, people can post here what they want to post as long as they keep to the TCs.
I'm happy you are "qualified" to recognize and deal with misplaced anger. I'll respect that more about you if you ever end up with a *fsme in your avatar. Until then, you're just someone on the internet, like me.
If you have such an issue with it, create your own thread on it, you have enough posts to do so. I recommend the Rants section of ATS to place such a thread.

-------------------------

Back on topic:

To reiterate: Drills are very important to keep first responders and city management personnel trained, and to find where, if any flaws exist, so that said flaws can be corrected. The more realistic the drill (for example, actually using areas in the city itself) the better trained those personnel are.

I've yet to see any proof that holding such drills is a conspiracy to plan or have any attack. Considering the massive amount of cities we have the the US, I would be more suspicious if nothing ever did happen in some city while a drill may be held or after it.

The number of cities, people and possibility of something happening is large enough to allow for coincidence to happen.
Show me where this has repeatedly happens and then you can show a pattern, and then maybe there would be some meat to the theory.

(post by Gianfar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here's the topic:

Massive emergency drill in New York City

Please discuss it and not other members...You are responsible for your own posts.

Please no NOT reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Im hardly indignant about anything...nor do I care or give a crap about FEMA. I care....so that those of you who dont do anything to help your communitites...anything...will get help when your wailing in the dark for it. And we'll come.

We'll come not because we're special...not because we're "all-that"..but because out of your own communities...we took the free FEMA and Homeland Security Disaster Prepardness training, Red Cross and Disaster Life Support and Fire Administration training and techniques to be ready to help our communities.

So, now we understand the point. So. What are you doing for you and yours? Have a plan? Have supplies? Know where the closest shelter is too you? How to rescue someone? Anyone? Child safety?

So, we can understand each other, and I, make my point....you volunteer where again?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Folks like you...make me want to quit. You don't appreciate our training, nor would I see YOU volunteering.

MS
EMT/ERT
Emergency Response Team
Advanced Disaster Life Support

Department of Homeland Security/FEMA

MS, thank you for your service. If not for you and others like you, we would all be in a world of hurt.
But this is ATS. We all know and fully understand that training is needed, and exercises like this are very necessary. We also understand that there is A LOT going on that we "the public" are not informed of. Probably for good reason, but trust me, if you keep a secret, folks think you are up to no good.

Relax, you volunteered to help people, not to get accolades at ever corner. Please don't take offence to our concern of the plot behind the plot. Most of the time, we are all just blowing smoke. But, on those rare occasions, a little paranoia may bring about some key information that turns into more than just a nutjob theory.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
However I can understand why people are jittery at the moment. Ebola in Africa spreading, anyone watched BBC 1970s programme Survivors? Brilliant series.

Yes I am watching it at the moment, it is a good series. Greg Preston seems to know how to do everything in a very 70s manly way. I think he would definitely agree that training and drills are a good idea

Ahhh Greg Preston. I would want him around in a post doomsday world
Not sure about his guitar though!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Im hardly indignant about anything...nor do I care or give a crap about FEMA. I care....so that those of you who dont do anything to help your communitites...anything...will get help when your wailing in the dark for it. And we'll come.

We'll come not because we're special...not because we're "all-that"..but because out of your own communities...we took the free FEMA and Homeland Security Disaster Prepardness training, Red Cross and Disaster Life Support and Fire Administration training and techniques to be ready to help our communities.

So, now we understand the point. So. What are you doing for you and yours? Have a plan? Have supplies? Know where the closest shelter is too you? How to rescue someone? Anyone? Child safety?

So, we can understand each other, and I, make my point....you volunteer where again?

Bravo! Indeed, you may save us from ourselves my friend.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Its this...no one listen to me. Listen to yourselves and how you each wold react or who would you turn to in a time of crisis. And its coming. We dont know when, we dont know how and by what...but it is.

If we can each be just a little proactive for the good of ourselves, our families and neighborhoods...we would all be a little better off.

Thank you all

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Its this...no one listen to me. Listen to yourselves and how you each wold react or who would you turn to in a time of crisis. And its coming. We dont know when, we dont know how and by what...but it is.

If we can each be just a little proactive for the good of ourselves, our families and neighborhoods...we would all be a little better off.

Thank you all

Agreed. I (and some of my associates) do have food and water storage and ammo. Being prepared is sort of sensible in today's volatile atmosphere, but constantly harping on it may be something else.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thats great. More people should take disaster prepardness seriously for their family's sake. If only for that reason. And Ill address something that most people wrongly assume. That if the SHTF...someone will come save, feed and transport you and your kids and pets to safety. Its impossible for everyone.

Not even 10% of 100% of the population. NOT EVEN. Oh. And your pets? They arent coming. They arent allowed in shelter facilities.

Youre leaving your pets behind with just a few bowls of water and food and them in your house with a sign on your porch saying "ANIMALS INSIDE". They are on their own. If you DO get them in some kind of shelter? They dont care for them. YOU HAVE TO. Water, clean and feed your pets in their cages (where they will be from then on indefinitely).

Even though I volunteer with Homeland Security, FEMA, and Community Response Teams and know where the emergency supplies are trucked and stored ready to go....we DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH...NO WAY...NO HOW...to help everybody everywhere.

And most folks think of none of this. They dont even grasp the whole idea of being ready.

Folks? Volunteer. Take training about all this from FEMA/Homeland Security, the Red Cross and Citizens and Med Corps. Its FREE...and tons...TONS of cool stuff to learn and prepare with!

Thanks for reading
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What can you say about the 500 FEMA camps around the country. FEMA material mentions that these camps can house about 2.5 million people. Why are they located in rural areas and surrounded by guard towers and barbed wire fencing?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

First, let me say that I know they will put me in the camps with everyone else as well. Only, after helping" the community. We aren't that oblivious to that reality.

If (and Im sure there probably are camps) they exist...the easiest place to keep them is rural. I suspect they will be either in or near military land, bases and facilities, State recreation areas with direct or nearly direct railroad entrances for the most obvious of reasons.

Look at a US map yourself. Pinpoint bases and find the nearest railroad line. You wont be surprised at what youll find close and/or through these places. And as far as them existing...as usual, the gov will make, maintain and create these facilities for other reasons, and just switch them into the other when needed.***

*** Personally speaking again...I don't think we'll be utilizing them anytime soon

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: 0pps

<< 1  2   >>

join