It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive emergency drill in New York City

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Like what? An example to support your feelings would be nice. a reply to: switchqm8

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm going to put a word in your mouth, it's appreciate I don't think you meant to say you don't appropriate first responders. Lol

a reply to: switchqm8

edit on PMu31u0883136312014-08-01T16:36:54-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I'm going to put a word in your mouth, it's appreciate I don't think you meant to say you don't appropriate first responders. Lol

Lmao thank you dam spell check thanks yes that is what i meant..lol..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That's ok. My kindle goes one better and substitutes words if it does not recognize one or if I misspell one. Whenever I write the word chemtrails for instance it substitutes Centralia for chemtrails. I have to select chemtrails or it does it every time. a reply to: switchqm8

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's all about training.

You train and train and train, so that by the end of the day you're able to do your job without having to even think about it.

Your training could save lives including your own. The lack of training on the other hand can have the exact opposite effect.

When I was in the Navy we had to train all the time: you had to know how to get from point A to point B, even if you couldn't see, and know where you were. You had to know what to do if you found a shipmate sitting on the ground trying to hold their guts in. You had to know how to put out that 3,000 degree fuel oil fire. You had to know what electrical part of the ship you could shut down, and what parts would be very bad to shut down, in order to put out fires, dewater flooding compartments, or save people for dying.
You had to know what to do for a NBC attack, and know how to not only do it correctly, but FAST.

First Responders are the same. They have to keep training, and one part of training is drills.

Do you think that they simply sit in a class room all day, then walk out and are able to do the things they are able to do? No. It's called "Hands On", and that is where the REAL training comes into play.

You can simulate things all you want in some area that isn't a real city, but NOTHING beats doing a drill in a place that is real, the traffic is real, the people are real. Nothing.

That's why they do it. That and, if you make a mistake during training or during a drill, you and those in charge can learn from it. Better to make the mistakes then, instead during the real thing, yes?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

The story in the OP says they were doing a drill to cover, among other things, a biological attack.
In that case, one would not want to expose flaws in the response system to a terrorist group that might well be able to read.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Well... you are acting crazy. We test, drill and have disaster drills...fake blood, helicopters, ambulances etc...all the time. A lot of fun.

And I get disgusted at those of you always...ALWAYS think somethings up or we must know something. Get a grip on reality. We train because you'd be the first one back here posting that we WERENT prepared.

Folks like you...make me want to quit. You don't appreciate our training, nor would I see YOU volunteering.

MS
EMT/ERT
Emergency Response Team
Advanced Disaster Life Support

Department of Homeland Security/FEMA

If you are looking for appreciation for your efforts, remember that this is a conspiracy discussion forum not a FEMA news outlet. I think its a little unrealistic and perhaps even a bit disingenuous to critique conspiracy theorists in a forum that is setup for this type of discussion.

I know this may seem rude, nevertheless, its your opinion and premise which seems rather mute within this space and time.

If you feel indignant about the lack of appreciation for your work, perhaps you should consider a fundamental change in your perspective and reasoning in regards to your field or seek out a new one.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well as a Red Cross volunteer I get loads of training. One has to be up to date with rescue techniques and first aid knowledge. Some training is in the class room and some of it can be in the public eye. I missed out on the last public one but I suspect before long I will be asked to participate in the next one.

However I can understand why people are jittery at the moment. Ebola in Africa spreading, anyone watched BBC 1970s programme Survivors? Brilliant series. Then we have the situation in Ukraine and a very pissed off Russian Bear which has stockpiles of nukes, and then we have Israel pummelling Gaza into the stone age.

Even I can step back and think are we headed to a wider and possibly fatal conflict.

(post by dazbog removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

Actually, CTs need to be called out on things, no matter what kind of site they are at.

Anyone who can log on to a web site and use a keyboard and mouse can spout some kind of theory.

Those that use critical thinking on the other hand should call out things that we think are BS or completely off the wall.

ATS would not be the places it is if it were not for having people that do BOTH. If it only allowed people to spout theories and NO ONE questioned them, then this place would be no better than say GLP.

Can't take someone breaking down a conspiracy theory, or showing that it's wrong? Then you're in the wrong place.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I think all the trolls are overreacting. Makes me go hhhmmmm. My mother and Hubby have been in the hospital more than out in the last 3 years. I didn't see health care people act like this. Nor my friends in health care. The one FEMA person I know is crazy anyway. All our family and friends are in Atlanta.

Get your soul right however that may be and relax.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Actually, CTs need to be called out on things, no matter what kind of site they are at.

Anyone who can log on to a web site and use a keyboard and mouse can spout some kind of theory.

Those that use critical thinking on the other hand should call out things that we think are BS or completely off the wall.

ATS would not be the places it is if it were not for having people that do BOTH. If it only allowed people to spout theories and NO ONE questioned them, then this place would be no better than say GLP.

Can't take someone breaking down a conspiracy theory, or showing that it's wrong? Then you're in the wrong place.

What rational person would take offense to what conspiracy theorists believe? Is that your idea of critical thinking? This is ludicrous. Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
However I can understand why people are jittery at the moment. Ebola in Africa spreading, anyone watched BBC 1970s programme Survivors? Brilliant series.

Yes I am watching it at the moment, it is a good series. Greg Preston seems to know how to do everything in a very 70s manly way. I think he would definitely agree that training and drills are a good idea

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OP - would no training sessions also flag as a CT in your opinion?
edit on 3-8-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I love people that get worked up over drills..it's awesome..You are practicing or training for something, that is creepy vs you know it being the smart thing to do.

In my job we run disaster scenarios at least 2 times a year so that when something horrible really does happen people have at least a vague idea of what is supposed to take place. Any organized group that doesn't do this is a disaster waiting to happen.

I go back to when Sandy hit and the toll that took on infrastructure, in whatever flavor people support. I can tell you 100% that we took what was learned then and have since trained based on that scenario for a similar event. As much as possible you want repetitive things to become muscle memory which then frees up your mind for the really challenging tasks.. This only happens by training , over and over again.

edit on 3-8-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Laugh all you want, but it's true: with out people to be critical of CT theories here on ATS, this place would not be any better than GLP, where you get banned for even posting a doubt of something in a post.

As per your post:

If you are looking for appreciation for your efforts, remember that this is a conspiracy discussion forum not a FEMA news outlet. I think its a little unrealistic and perhaps even a bit disingenuous to critique conspiracy theorists in a forum that is setup for this type of discussion.

It's NOT disingenuous, it's NEEDED.

edit on 3-8-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Certainly perturbing.

Are they doing the test to really find out if they can with stand such an attack, or simply doing it so people feel safer that they are trying to care?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi
and to opethpa
NO i understand all about training thats not the issue it just seem after 9/11 a lot of drills suddenly become a reality.And the timing of this drill with all the Ebola hype made me question it. Take the London 7/7 2005 bombings training 4 that exact type of drill in the exact same locations and bang it really happens . So i do question everything and definitely when governments are involved. I mean was it not a homeland security training video that showed them calling the founding fathers terrorists? Yes i do not trust government or 3 letter agencies...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And i have no problem with critical thinking hell i been wrong before and i will be again but i can admit when i am wrong. But when people twist what i say or call names i will fire back.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Laugh all you want, but it's true: with out people to be critical of CT theories here on ATS, this place would not be any better than GLP, where you get banned for even posting a doubt of something in a post.

As per your post:

It's NOT disingenuous, it's NEEDED.

This individual presumed that theories about his boss's motives were a personal criticism of his work at FEMA. Where's the connection and how is this an intellectual challenge to CTs? The post didn't question anything. It was a presumptive attack on someone's normal comments on a conspiracy site, calling him "crazy". To make such unwarranted personal interpolation from an opinion of government motives is simply emotional and out of context and certainly unnecessary. It doesn't even make sense that anyone in government positions would want to be here. As you said so succinctly, anyone with a keyboard can post comments and that's what I did. I suppose you don't mind as long as it agrees with your world view.

edit on 3-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

<< 1    3 >>

join