It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive emergency drill in New York City

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -
The New York City Department of Health conducted a massive emergency preparedness drill at 30 facilities across the city on Friday.

They tested the delivery of emergency medications in the event of a biological attack, such as anthrax, or other large-scale public health emergency in the city. The majority of the deliveries will take place to public school buildings.

It's the largest surprise drill in the city's history. The drill was scheduled to take place from approximately 6:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The majority of participants were given no notice to better test and simulate a real emergency and response.

“The NYC Health Department is responsible for developing and executing plans for the mass dispensing of life-saving medicine in response to public health emergencies,” said Dr. Oxiris Barbot, First Deputy Commissioner of the Health Department. “This exercise demonstrates our commitment to ensuring we have the capability and resources to protect the health and safety of all New Yorkers in times of crisis.”

Massive emergency drill in New York City

Wow kind of creepy with all the Ebola outbreaks what timing.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
this part at the end is a bit unnerving to say.
The city says it will not share the results of the test due to security concerns. The Health Department says it will use the results to make policy and operational changes to its emergency response plan.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Oh for # sakes, this doesn't bode well. Nothing gives me the creeps more than emergency preparedness drills. I suppose PTSD from 911?

Certainly a perfect time for a distraction.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes usually after or during the drill the real thing happens but people call me crazy ha...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
this part at the end is a bit unnerving to say.
The city says it will not share the results of the test due to security concerns.

not at all.

Why would you 'tip your hat' to 'flaws in the system' necessary to respond, handle and deal with such an event?

't'd be like giving away your playbook to the 'opposing team'. no?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Well... you are acting crazy. We test, drill and have disaster drills...fake blood, helicopters, ambulances etc...all the time. A lot of fun.

And I get disgusted at those of you always...ALWAYS think somethings up or we must know something. Get a grip on reality. We train because you'd be the first one back here posting that we WERENT prepared.

Folks like you...make me want to quit. You don't appreciate our training, nor would I see YOU volunteering.

MS
EMT/ERT
Emergency Response Team
Advanced Disaster Life Support

Department of Homeland Security/FEMA

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i guess all the past drills that turned in reality means nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Crazy nah a bit paranoid maybe. Yes i don't trust the government sorry

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Well... you are acting crazy. We test, drill and have disaster drills...fake blood, helicopters, ambulances etc...all the time. A lot of fun.

And I get disgusted at those of you always...ALWAYS think somethings up or we must know something. Get a grip on reality. We train because you'd be the first one back here posting that we WERENT prepared.

Folks like you...make me want to quit. You don't appreciate our training, nor would I see YOU volunteering.

MS
EMT/ERT
Emergency Response Team
Advanced Disaster Life Support

Department of Homeland Security/FEMA

And where did i say i do not appropriate first responders ect. Do not put words in my mouth

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Also you would not know anything any way you are just a tiny lil piece of the whole puzzle.. and You find it fun seeing disaster fake blood and people dying ect. Hum maybe you are the crazy one are you just hoping for a disaster so you can try to play hero? And i will help when the need arises

edit on 1-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

But who is the opposing team i thought it was for the citizens of NY. I guess they would like to know. Maybe im wrong

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
All the emergency prepardness plans are virtually worthless. I'm sorry, but tens of thousands of people rushing health department sites for life saving vaccinations, rations, supplies, etc will NOT go according to any plan. Let alone trying to get the supplies to the sites in the midst of mass hysteria. I don't live in New York, but I'm sure those that do can attest to the devastating effects of grid lock.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Is this happening next Friday ?

Does anybody know when the meeting with the African leaders is in Washington ... is that next Friday?

I only ask because I was reading about the possible closure of federal government for it, Is that normal?

Just seems to be a lot happening atm

edit :
sorry ... just re read the op, take it that this happened today.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Isolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Also you would not know anything any way you are just a tiny lil piece of the whole puzzle.. and You find it fun seeing disaster fake blood and people dying ect. Hum maybe you are the crazy one are you just hoping for a disaster so you can try to play hero? And i will help when the need arises

Oh now that's hardly even fair. If he found it as horrifying as the real thing when it was all just a drill, he would hardly be suited to his job because the real thing would be too overwhelming for him to process. Honestly, I can see where he's coming from. It would be like an elaborate LARP scenario and get your blood and adrenalin pumping while at the same time serving a valuable purpose.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
An EPD in NY at this point doesn't mean a whole lot
Now, if one goes on in Atlanta, GA.. lol. Just run as far away as you can
edit on 8/1/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This too as well. You are WAAAAYYYY wrong. Volunteer. Learn something. We can use help!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you Ketsuko. You'll be one of the 1st we come get to rescue!

(Ok...I know...I know...I just get frustrated at the population who speculates without participating, therefore going forth in ignorance...and they don't have to. But they wont volunteer either.)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well i dont live in NY and i am always willing to learn thats what life is about. Not trying to disrespect you or anything but you are on a conspiracy site u know we look at things a lil different..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I comforted actually and think us all in he west should go through it.

Im glad people are takeing precautions

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The opposing team would be germs. They can't read.a reply to: 12m8keall2c

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join