It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Strikes Deal With Atheists To Monitor Sermons And Homilies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I see it as government encroaching into religion.

Yeah it has.

Charity out of the goodness of ones own heart the BELIEF in helping out their fellow man without the use of FORCE to accomplish that.

The government's version?

Entitlement robbing from the rich giving to the poor of who ever they deem to be worthy of course there is a hell of a lot of overhead that the middle men keeps before it makes it's way to the 'needy'.

Just one example.
edit on 1-8-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I wonder if this "sermon" would apply to an IRS watch?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So, if you went to a church giving a sermon that said marriage when a man cleaves to his wife implying that marriage is between a man and woman, this is not political? I wouldn't have said so, but these days, it is because it's not politically correct. Such a thing is not "inclusive" or PC. It is hateful to gays.

They have made it a political issue and will say as much, and the atheist observer will fall in line with that.

Like I said, marriage is now an institution of the state and not just religion. Christianity doesn't have sole domain over marriage anymore (not that they did anyways, other religions have been marrying people according to their religious traditions just as long if not longer than Christianity). It is only in America that Christians pretend that marriage was invented by them and is their sole institution.

Then when gays wanted equal treatment for marriage, Christians politicized the term "traditional marriage" so they could try to legally discriminate against them. I never saw Christians getting upset because Hindu people get married or Muslim people. If traditional marriage is a part of Christianity, then they should have objections to that as well.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And if we just say do what you want, not in my faith they WILL get OVER IT. THEY can have all the legal representation and status of marriage they seek but they may NOT define my faith by it and if anyone CALLs me on it HERE is the final message.THEY can make their own religion. Happens ALL the time.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

They do make their own religions. There are denominations of Christianity that openly accept gays and marry them. What's your point?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Did you read the topic ?

Atheists went to the IRS to make them churches 'behave'.

They were not just talking about one.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Did you read the topic ?

Atheists went to the IRS to make them churches 'behave'.

They were not just talking about one.

They also weren't talking about all either like your sweeping generalization implies. Some != All.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Marriage these days about about the money, benefits, and the tax credits.

Nothing more.

It has become about EVERYTHING it shouldn't be.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

They also weren't talking about all either like your sweeping generalization implies.

Miss what the word atheist means ?

They don't like churchs or religion PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's always been about that. I don't know what you are talking about, but political marriages have existed FOREVER. They used to be how most Christians got married. Your revisionist history isn't going to work here.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Revisonist history ?

Sorry but i don't give a snip about gay marriage.

Hell if they want to give their other halves the ability to take their homes,their cars, their belongings, and be forced to pay child support, and alimony.

They can enjoy all those GD perks.

edit on 1-8-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They also weren't talking about all either like your sweeping generalization implies.

Miss what the word atheist means ?

They don't like churchs or religion PERIOD.

Atheist means no belief in god or gods. It says nothing about their opinion on churches or religion. There are atheist religions. Here's one: The Satanic Temple

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yep except they IGNORE that thing that has replaced church and religion.

GOVERNMENT.

Complete with it's 'morality'

Complete with its 'preachers' trying to covert the 'non believers'.

Using the very halls of congress to preach the 'gospel'.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Ok, so there are some atheists who want to use government to force their beliefs on others. There are also religious folks (Christians included) who want to use government to force their beliefs on others *cough*Hobby Lobby case*cough* So stop pretending like all atheists act like this.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Where in the article did you read that the IRS or the atheists were attempting to deprive the churches from being charitable and helping out their fellow man? I must have missed that part.

What i read was that they wanted to IRS to hold churches accountable to the LAW. If they are using their church to promote political issue, legislation and candidates, they are breaking the law and will lose their tax-exempt status.

This will not affect the entire religion, just the specific church that is violation of the law.

Are you proposing that churches and religions should not have to follow the law?

The situation is simple. Churches are breaking the law, and some atheists are calling them out on it. If the church is not breaking the law, they have nothing to worry about. If they are breaking, they should face the consequences.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

IRS Strikes Deal With Atheists To Monitor Sermons And Homilies

Sounds like the ultra-Progressive-Fascist-LeftWing IRS has set up another snitch fest.

They love "free" help.

Very "collective".

Now they have an NGO Politburo working on the inside.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Where in the article did you read that the IRS or the atheists were attempting to deprive the churches from being charitable and helping out their fellow man? I must have missed that part.

Yo go after a churchs money there will be no churchs.

If they are paying the government they can't be helping those in need.

Considering how much money the government blows.

I prefer the church and charity over the government's version of state mandated corporate welfare.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Don't worry. I'm sure the government can come up with a new spin on religion. . .

If the government wrote the bible;

There'd only be 2 deadly sins
3 Commandments
Jesus and Mary would have gotten married and adopted
Carl, Jesus's gay brother would have had a good relationship
and
Paying taxes would be a virtue.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Don't worry. I'm sure the government can come up with a new spin on religion.

They already have with the 'law giver' in Chief.

Able to turn water in to wine!

oops able to print money out of thin air, and rob from the evil rich folks.

If the government wrote the bible ?

It's current critics would be burned at the stake as 'heretic's.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Nobody is "Yo go after a churchs money" unless they are breaking the law. If they are not breaking the law, there will be zero change.

The government's spending habits are irrelevant and completely off topic. State mandated corporate welfare is irrelevant to this thread and completely off topic.

In no way did you address my post, so i will ask you again.

Are you proposing that churches should be exempt from the law?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join