It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Life or Country Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've lived in both living situations throughout my life and both living in the city or in the country have their good sides but at the end of it all I would have to go with city life. I'm normally a real active dude and I like to go out and do stuff. The city has a plethora of things one can do. Now, you can find much to do in the country too but for some of us we get too bored and the simplicity can go to our heads. I suppose that when I'm much older I could learn to appreciate country life more with the peace and quiet and solitude that it brings but really, I love the city.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I grew up in the country, and love it. But I get what you are saying about getting bored. When I lived there, we were an hour and a half from the closest decent size city, and that was just too far. We were 3 hours from the nearest larger city. I'd like to live in the country but no more than one hour away from a moderately sized city, so I can have the best of both worlds!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Lived in both, now i live in small country town but takes only 20 minutes to drive to nearest city, town has more than basics like spa, stores ( more expencive than in city tho ), gym, bowling, ski slopes, its a pretty active small town only thing missing is movie theater and high culture activities, we do have a public library and schools.
20 minutes driving to nearest city is not much and country aspect of close by farms. Good place to raise your kid.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Country life. Through and through.

I live in a "city", but where I live in the city is up against a state park, so its quiet/secluded on my dead end street. and the town is small enough my commute is less than 4 minutes.

But i grew up in the country, and will retire there.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Country.
I've lived in several large cities, and while I like to visit, I just can't live there.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Will take country life .. cities far too crowded .. dirty .. noisy .. and deathtraps ..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I was raised and lived near a big city for 35 years,I have lived in the country for 20 years now. last week I had to go back there for a doctors appointment at the VA hospital.It was the first time I have been back to a big city in 20 years.
One of the first things that I noticed,that I never noticed when I lived there, was the smell.It stunk like gas fumes and rubber,it was so bad that it made my eyes sting and actually water a bit.
The other unavoidable thing that I noticed was the noise.
My father came with me,he was raised in cleveland and worked most of his life in baltimore and D.C. so he`s a city lover, I asked him, Do you think these people who live in the city live here becuse they like it or because they can`t afford to live anywhere else?
His opinion is that people live in cities because they like it,because they like being near to everything, like higher paying jobs, stores, museums,public transportation, etc.
He told me a story about how when he lived in cleveland he would walk to the end of his street and catch the bus to the train station and then take the train across town to his job, he said it only took him 10-15 minutes to get to work, across town, using public transportation.

I would never move back to a city, I would miss the quiet, the clean air, the sounds of nature, the security of knowing and trusting all my neighbors.
To quote Bush Sr. " nope, not gonna do it, wouldn`t be prudent"

top topics

join