It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola outbreak: Royal Air Force 'on standby' to bring back infected Brits

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Welcome to the club, Britain, and I guess, Germany?

a reply to: Expat888
Amen.

Stupidity is what this is. And the oddest thing is, at least in the Atlanta case, no one is taking any responsibility for having made the decision or any decision at all.

Surely there should be some point of responsibility for the decisions and, should this go sideways, some point of consequence.

edit on 8/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
............Anyone else get the feeling they are just actively shipping this sheit to 1st world nations like a friggin mail order plague?

yes it would seem so...the FEMA camps are looking more and more like the have a purpose

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

Should we let them make their own way back?????

Medical ships. I started a thread about medical ships. They would get top notch medical care and be away from heavily populated areas at the same time.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I agree, this defies logic. But to be a devils advocate, I wonder if they are doing this because they can't get high tech labs to ebola, so bring the Ebola to the high tech labs....?

They aready brought it to the US , why the need to take it to another place? why not confine it to one place and bring in brits to help and then share the findings........

It doesnt make sense to me to be shipping this crap to every 1st world nation with the risk it runs

Just think of them money to be made if they can develop a vaccine and patent it ...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

This is a call for an immediate, thorough, and independent investigation of Tulane University researchers and their Fort Detrick associates in the US biowarfare research community, who have been operating in West Africa during the past several years.

What exactly have they been doing?

Why do we have reports that the government of Sierra Leone has recently told Tulane researchers to stop this testing?

The research program, occurring in Sierra Leone, the Republic of Guinea, and Liberia—said to be the epicenter of the 2014 Ebola outbreak—has the announced purpose, among others, of detecting the future use of fever-viruses as bioweapons.

For the last several years, researchers from Tulane University have been active in the African areas where Ebola is said to have broken out in 2014.

These researchers are working with other institutions, one of which is USAMRIID, the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, a well-known center for biowar research, located at Fort Detrick, Maryland.

I guess this explains the US Dept of Defense's involvement.

Much more at link...

What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nOraKat
A sweaty palm on a door handle, a sneeze in an enclosed space over food, saliva on a shared smoke?
I'll leave you to imagine your own ways to catch it in an affected area.

Intravenouslly,,,

"the infusion of liquid substances directly into a vein."

comes too mind.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I agree, this defies logic. But to be a devils advocate, I wonder if they are doing this because they can't get high tech labs to ebola, so bring the Ebola to the high tech labs....?

They aready brought it to the US , why the need to take it to another place? why not confine it to one place and bring in brits to help and then share the findings........

It doesnt make sense to me to be shipping this crap to every 1st world nation with the risk it runs

Just think of them money to be made if they can develop a vaccine and patent it ...

money to be made why is it always about the money,,

and not lives saved?

with u ???

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: nOraKat
A sweaty palm on a door handle, a sneeze in an enclosed space over food, saliva on a shared smoke?
I'll leave you to imagine your own ways to catch it in an affected area.

Intravenouslly,,,

"the infusion of liquid substances directly into a vein."

comes too mind.

Well, not being an intravenous drug user myself, or someone who rushes to receive vaccines in a 'crisis' (I didn't join the queues for Tamiflu when the NHS was dishing it out like sweets during swine flu), I can't see that scenario being how I would catch Ebola.

I shall continue to donate blood every 6 months or so via the clean needles they stick into my arm for it, and just like my blood group, I shall continue to 'B' positive...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
With this level of stupidity going on the world.....good.......bring the infected.....let it spread. We deserve whats coming to us.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Please do some research on Ebola and how it's contracted.

Firstly, ask yourself why it's "out of control" in Africa, look at where the outbreaks are, poor hygiene is the number one reason for the outbreak, it's not an airborne virus, it can only be transmitted by touching body fluids from an infected patient.

Secondly, ask why any ebola outbreak in a first world country is quickly contained.

Seriously, all this fear mongering is getting rather silly.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo
Hmm, I would not agree that 'we deserve what's coming to us', and would also ask who is this 'us' you speak of?
Stupid people?
Unproductive people?
Media brainwashed materialistic consumers?
ATS members?

I would never think the spread of a virus that kills many people is a good thing, but equally, I do not share the panic and fear seen in some of the other threads about it, especially the US focused topics. I prefer to deal with whatever happens with a calm mind...fear has never helped me in any crisis I've been through, even when genuinely believing I was about to die.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Totally agree.
I'm glad I wasn't raised by any of the fear filled people in some of the Ebola threads.
Neurotic or what, I imagine many would just fall to bits in a crisis, without the need of a flesh destroying virus to do the job for them.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Please do some research on Ebola and how it's contracted.

Firstly, ask yourself why it's "out of control" in Africa, look at where the outbreaks are, poor hygiene is the number one reason for the outbreak, it's not an airborne virus, it can only be transmitted by touching body fluids from an infected.

A virus mutates by definition! It can mutate to an airborne virus.

There a re so many people in contact with the infected. It could mutate all the time.. From the sneeze in the hand and touching the door knob, to flying through the ventilation system

From the tent to the plane and airport to the hospital. I don't think that we can be 100% sure that nothing goes wrong. Let them be where they are and treat them there!

They can friggin move entire fleets to war zones but not get medical equipment to Africa?

Or is it maybe not Ebola but something else they cooked up and can't contain it?

They couldn't guarantee the safety of their doctors on site, how can they say it is safe to bring it somewhere else???
edit on 2-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
They must have contracted a severe case of stupidity from the americans

Yes, its very contagious and deadly on many levels.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Highly unlikely.

Blood borne viruses mutating into respiratory borne just doesn't really happen.

More technical explanation HERE

edit on 2-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
...and there is pretty much nothing the average person can do about it except take precautions regarding contact with other people etc if the virus is reported in the areas we happen to live in.
Yes, AlphaHawk is correct in my opinion, all the fear mongering is unhelpful to anyone.
OMGZ the sky may be falling so I'll share how terrified I am on ATS!!!

Sign of a weak and vulnerable person if you ask me, wailing about things before they actually happen, the type of people I wouldn't want around me in any real crisis situation.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Taking precautions to something that could wipe out entire countries is not a sign of weakness. Why taking the risk is the question?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Highly unlikely.

Blood borne viruses mutating into respiratory borne just doesn't really happen.

More technical explanation HERE

According to the Purdue University's science team's research Ebola may be mutating.

"Ebola has a biochemical structure similar to retroviruses carried by birds, making a common evolutionary origin more likely:There can be no doubt now that an ancestral virus had a shell that evolved to become the shells of the Ebola virus and bird retroviruses," said professor David Sanders. He also said that there is a genuine worry by scientists that the Ebola virus is mutating and becoming airborne.

Examiner

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Why try to twist my words into something I didn't say?
Here, I'll quote myself again in case you misinterpreted it by accident:

Sign of a weak and vulnerable person if you ask me, wailing about things before they actually happen

...and yep, I think the fear filled multitude of US members in the other threads are irrational and neurotic in the most part. Nothing has happened yet but so many exhibit great fear. I say again, I wouldn't want such vulnerable fear filled people around me when any crisis actually happened.

edit on 2-8-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join