It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola outbreak: Royal Air Force 'on standby' to bring back infected Brits

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The Royal Air Force’s Infection Prevention Control Team is likely to be placed on standby to collect UK citizens and return them to Britain in quarantine conditions if they are infected with Ebola.

The Royal Air Force could be called in to bring back UK citizens infected with the deadly Ebola disease from West Africa.

David Cameron has said that Ebola outbreak is a ‘very serious threat’ to the UK and the foreign secretary, Philip Hammond, is preparing to chair an emergency meeting today on how to tighten Britain’s defences against the virus.

Major Thomas Fletcher, of the Royal Army Medical Corps said it was likely the meeting would discuss putting the military on alert to ‘repatriate’ Britons infected with the disease.

The Royal Air Force’s Infection Prevention Control Team is likely to be placed on standby to collect UK citizens and return them to Britain in quarantine conditions.

HAS EVERYONE LOST THEIR FRIGGIN' MINDS?!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

whats all this?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk

The Royal Air Force’s Infection Prevention Control Team is likely to be placed on standby to collect UK citizens and return them to Britain in quarantine conditions if they are infected with Ebola.

The Royal Air Force could be called in to bring back UK citizens infected with the deadly Ebola disease from West Africa.

David Cameron has said that Ebola outbreak is a ‘very serious threat’ to the UK and the foreign secretary, Philip Hammond, is preparing to chair an emergency meeting today on how to tighten Britain’s defences against the virus.

Major Thomas Fletcher, of the Royal Army Medical Corps said it was likely the meeting would discuss putting the military on alert to ‘repatriate’ Britons infected with the disease.

The Royal Air Force’s Infection Prevention Control Team is likely to be placed on standby to collect UK citizens and return them to Britain in quarantine conditions.

HAS EVERYONE LOST THEIR FRIGGIN' MINDS?!!!

|Seems fair enough to me, have I missed something?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They must have contracted a severe case of stupidity from the americans .. if anything the area of the outbreak should have been quarantined from the start - no one in .. no one out ..

Going to be interesting what they say when it gets loose in other countries because they failed to quarantine the area.. suspect many more will die because of government stupidity ...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

My thoughts exactly.. what a great way to spread the thing faster.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It makes sense to me. Either quarantine the infected brits and get them back in a controlled environment. Or let them do their own thing and make their own way back, infecting the people on the planes and in the airports.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BoovDawg

You don't know? I HIGHLY suggest that you Google "Ebola outbreak" and find out all you can about it.

Ebola is out of control in Africa. The government there said they can't stop it.

Germany said they will be transporting Ebola victims to Germany. EU is on high alert.

The US is transporting 2 Ebola victims to the US as we speak, one to Atlanta and the other somewhere unknown.

The UK just announced they will be "repatriating" British Ebola victims back to the UK.

The World Health Organization just practically announced a likely global Ebola pandemic because they can't keep up with its spread.

In other words, we are ALL in DEEP SH*T!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You don't know? I HIGHLY suggest that you Google "Ebola outbreak" and find out all you can about it.

Ebola is out of control in Africa. The government there said they can't stop it.

Germany said they will be transporting Ebola victims to Germany. EU is on high alert.

The US is transporting 2 Ebola victims to the US as we speak, one to Atlanta and the other somewhere unknown.

The UK just announced they will be "repatriating" British Ebola victims back to the UK.

The World Health Organization just practically announced a likely global Ebola pandemic because they can't keep up with its spread.

Should we let them make their own way back?????

edit on 1-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This really beggars belief!
The very idea that they'd bring back people from the infection area, rather than quarantine or treat them in situ, strikes me as being insane. The repercussions should it break out from a local quarantine area would be frightening.

Of course, Cameron and all the toffs would be heading for their hermetically sealed bunkers at the first sign of an outbreak, no doubt telling us once again via video link that "we are all in it together".

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
............Anyone else get the feeling they are just actively shipping this sheit to 1st world nations like a friggin mail order plague?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I agree, this defies logic. But to be a devils advocate, I wonder if they are doing this because they can't get high tech labs to ebola, so bring the Ebola to the high tech labs....?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I agree, this defies logic. But to be a devils advocate, I wonder if they are doing this because they can't get high tech labs to ebola, so bring the Ebola to the high tech labs....?

They aready brought it to the US , why the need to take it to another place? why not confine it to one place and bring in brits to help and then share the findings........

It doesnt make sense to me to be shipping this crap to every 1st world nation with the risk it runs

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The problem is, it cannot be quarantined as it had already spread too much (3 countries) once it was realised to its extent.

The only option is to get these people back to their countries under controlled conditions, otherwise they will infect plane fulls of people.

The government has a duty to protect its people, they cannot just leave them to die in africa. If the govt had any doubts whatsoever about being able to sufficiently quarantine these people, they most certainly would not do it. Political suicide. Better here in quarantine than in Africa spreading it around and having the rick of them making their way back on a commercial plane.

Does this not make sense?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
They must have contracted a severe case of stupidity from the americans .. if anything the area of the outbreak should have been quarantined from the start - no one in .. no one out ..

Going to be interesting what they say when it gets loose in other countries because they failed to quarantine the area.. suspect many more will die because of government stupidity ...

Exactly Expat. I started the thread last night about 2 ebola patients coming to my State, 2 hours away from me to Emory Hospital.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The situation could well already be #ed regarding international containment anyway as far as most people know, so all the UK government statements/action plans/etc could easily just be an example of 'going through the motions' to avoid any panic while the people who are security cleared about such things keep their fingers crossed.

I remain optimistic, as I do with any situation/drama I am unable to fix myself...crying to myself while rocking in a chair with crazed eyes is not my thing, but I would never be surprised if the UK government is not releasing information which may cause panic. I read enough 'embargoed' and 'secret' documents when working in the UK civil service so of course the higher you look up the 'food chain' the more people are being bull#ted.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

They aready brought it to the US , why the need to take it to another place? why not confine it to one place and bring in brits to help and then share the findings........

It doesnt make sense to me to be shipping this crap to every 1st world nation with the risk it runs

I can imagine the shock on the UK infected people after being shipped to the US when receiving their medical bills, they will wish they were left in Africa.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Pentagon says Ebola patients being flown from Africa to the US will arrive at Dobbins Air Force Reserve Base north of Atlanta via non-military aircraft - @NBCNews

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How is it spreading so easily if it is transferred through bodily fluids?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
A sweaty palm on a door handle, a sneeze in an enclosed space over food, saliva on a shared smoke?
I'll leave you to imagine your own ways to catch it in an affected area.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Sounds dodgy to me there using this as cover to say why its spreading so quickly it probably is air born and maybe even being spread amongst us right now damn iv been drinking tap water all day could even be in that f ther wiping us out bringing the population down, 1 million says the guys at the top are immune and when the vaccine comes out to us that could be the sterilisation right there....
edit on 1-8-2014 by BoovDawg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join