It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's New Water Restrictions now IN EFFECT!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
New Water Restrictions

California`s mandatory water-use restrictions officially start Friday (Aug 1, 2014). Residents and businesses are expected to comply with the 20% cutback or pay a $500 fine per day.
$500 fine per day? Seems a little extreme.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

So if one rents....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, I hope they send out a notice and not just by a $500 fine... Should be fun.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's too bad that damn 30-inch waterline broke a couple of days ago! Think of the money that 20 million gallons of waste would have brought in in fines had it happened today! Oh wait, . . .

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

A $500 a day isn't all that bad. It would teach many ignorant's a lesson and enforce them to comply with the restrictions.

Now for those who accidentally made a mistake, it would suck. I really hope they don't fine anyone for going to 21% though.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Why don't they collect rainwater when it rains- if ever..or is that stealing..?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualgirl

It doesn't really rain much, at least here where I am. When it does, it's more of a light misting that goes for maybe 10 minutes. I've thought of putting in rain barrels, but there's so little rain that I think I'd be better off installing a rain teacup!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wonder if the home owners associations are not enforcing their green lawn policies. Hard to keep grass green without water. Lol

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There is no statewide rule to reduce by 20% or face a fine.

This is from your article:

hosing down driveways and sidewalks is prohibited, as is watering outdoor landscapes if it causes excess runoff.

Amid Drought, Mandatory Restrictions on Outdoor Water Use Approved
Amid a historic drought affecting the entire state of California, state regulators on Tuesday approved emergency conservation measures that will allow water wasters to be fined up to $500 per day.
In addition, water can't be added to a decorative water feature unless it uses a recirculating system. Californians can use a hose to wash their cars only if the hose has a shut-off nozzle.

edit on 1-8-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

edit on 1-8-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

top topics

join