It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: US Senate passes emergency Iron Dome funding for ISRAEL!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I love how everyone gets mad that the U.S helps Israel but not one of you hypocrites complain when Hamas receives money or weapons.

You should do some checking before making ignorant remarks. Many of us has called for cutting off all foreign aid. If you want to support Israel fine just don't make America go further into debt to do it pay for it out of your own pocket.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Great. I hate funding the killing of children.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Why don't you post the 3 billions dollars per year of aid to israeli terrorist nation. Or is it more? Israel is coward and terrorists that use disproportionate force to murder Palestinians civilians at refugee UN schools

This is terrorists israeli payback to world, with complements of the white-house.

You should have learned 70 years ago. Don't wait for flowers as reward of these actions!!!
edit on 1/8/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: CaticusMaximus
What does that prove?

I see one kid sitting on a hood.

So the Israelis were just giving him a ride home...'cause they're such nice fellas....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Israel wants peace.

If this is true then why are they constantly breaking the peace process? Palestine always wants the settlements to stop and every time there is an attempt at peace Israel announces more settlements. Israel in no way wants peace they only want more land and won't stop until Palestine is wiped off the map. Just like they whine Iran wants to do with them. Even now they are saying the are going to take part of Gaza's land for their "defense".
edit on 1-8-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

That picture has no link or explanation to what's going on with the kid.

So again all I see is a kid sitting on a hood.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas
It is obvious you have HUGE hatred of all Christians in the world. They are under attack by ISIS, al Qaeda in all of Middle East...do you care less about their plight?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: CaticusMaximus
What does that prove?

I see one kid sitting on a hood.

If you put your glasses on you can see the kid is tied to the windshield.

IDF = cowards.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb
This is what is sick here. Who is on the attack?
www.juancole.com...
Now you may reiterate.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: samsamm9

I'm all for peace but

You are not for peace.

I am for peace, but first we need justice.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Cost so far:

The U.S. has kicked in money for Israel to develop and purchase the Iron Dome batteries, with the Obama administration pledging $205 million in 2010 and, citing the success of the program, authorizing a further $211 million in 2013.

In March, the U.S. government, through its Missile Defense Agency, promised an immediate transfer of $429 million in funding for the Iron Dome. The immediate transfer is in addition to the $3.1 billion in assistance that the U.S. provides Israel. The new deal will also see the U.S. gain “significant co-production opportunities.”

Source

Latest request is asking for additional 225 Million Dollars

That all translates to money in someone else's pocket. Blood money.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

Why don't you post the 3 billions dollars per year of aid to israeli terrorist nation. Or is it more? Israel is coward and terrorists that use disproportionate force to murder Palestinians civilians at refugee UN schools.

My country defines Hamas as a terror organization, of course they give Israel more money they are considered an ally by my country, and Hamas takes great pleasure in attacking our ally and makes no bones about eliminating every israeli there is.

Of course they use disproportionate force what military doesn't when they have it? Isn't that the whole idea of having a strong military so when someone attacks you they learn a lesson quickly it wasn't such a smart idea? Some people are just slow learners.

This is terrorists israeli payback to world, with complements of the white-house.
You should have learned 70 years ago. Don't wait for flowers as reward of these actions!!!

I think you're describing payback to Hamas not the world. What we learned 70 years ago is what Hamas hasn't learned today, it takes superior firepower to conquer a country and its government.

There is no venom in my voice, no hatred in my heart about this conflict, only the wonder of tactical lunacy displayed by Hamas. The only logical conclusion for me is this is a war of propaganda, with zero chance of winning.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The US has financed every aspect of the Iron Dome from what I have read. Yet the US has no direct access to the technologies. It's just one big extortion racket so far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
It is obvious you have HUGE hatred of all Christians in the world. They are under attack by ISIS, al Qaeda in all of Middle East...do you care less about their plight?

First of all I'm Christian and did you just say the Israelis are Christians??

Good lord, go educate yourself.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011

The US has financed every aspect of the Iron Dome from what I have read. Yet the US has no direct access to the technologies. It's just one big extortion racket so far as I can tell.

I am not really sure we need it with the patriot missile system. I would also think they used our technology to build their dome when we supplied them with the PMS when Busn one was president. Hamas having shot 1000's of rockets at this point I wonder how much different all these conversations would be if they didn't have the dome.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
I still cannot grasp the concept of attacking someone with an incredibly more powerful military than yours, then complaining you're getting your ass handed to you. There is the old adage of having military strength so powerful you are not going to be challenged, apparently some people don't get that. At some point you begin to think they insist on having their citizens die, for their foolish tactical decisions.

If they just didn't shoot rockets into Israel we wouldn't be having these on going threads of how horrible the Israelis are for protecting themselves.

I think there's a fundamental right to self-determination and a right to life that you are missing, or just ignoring. Of course they're going to attack the people who have them under siege. It would be the same for you if you had military forces surrounding you and pressuring you by denying the basic necessities for life. You either sit back and take it, and die eventually from malnutrition, disease, internal violence or "stepping too close to a fence".... or you fight back, and maybe survive, or maybe make life better for someone else in your family after you're gone. Or maybe your whole family was already destroyed by these barbarous tactics, and the only thing you see now is revenge.

You can't bomb peoples will to survive out of existence unless you kill them all... but you can feed it, and make it more desperate that way.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I forget where I read it as it's been a couple years and it could be false but the material stated that US Military insiders and there ilk have been trying to obtain the tech for sometime but are kept at a distance from any specs. Also it said that there observations show that the Iron Dome was far superior to anything the US and other Nations have in there possession at current. Funding for it has been provided with the intent of obtaining access to it from what I read a couple years ago. How much of that is true is a question in itself of course.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrikeyMagnet

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
I still cannot grasp the concept of attacking someone with an incredibly more powerful military than yours, then complaining you're getting your ass handed to you. There is the old adage of having military strength so powerful you are not going to be challenged, apparently some people don't get that. At some point you begin to think they insist on having their citizens die, for their foolish tactical decisions.

If they just didn't shoot rockets into Israel we wouldn't be having these on going threads of how horrible the Israelis are for protecting themselves.

I think there's a fundamental right to self-determination and a right to life that you are missing, or just ignoring. Of course they're going to attack the people who have them under siege. It would be the same for you if you had military forces surrounding you and pressuring you by denying the basic necessities for life. You either sit back and take it, and die eventually from malnutrition, disease, internal violence or "stepping too close to a fence".... or you fight back, and maybe survive, or maybe make life better for someone else in your family after you're gone. Or maybe your whole family was already destroyed by these barbarous tactics, and the only thing you see now is revenge.

You can't bomb peoples will to survive out of existence unless you kill them all... but you can feed it, and make it more desperate that way.

I must be missing it because the US gives them millions in Aid, so money isn't the issue, and now they have tunnels for smuggling arms into Palestine if they were starving why not smuggle food in as well? I also miss because I don't know but is my understanding the blockade is because Israel is trying to stop the flow of arms into Gaza. Which if someone is shooting rockets at you why wouldn't you if you can.

In todays world how far away does a military force have to be to do damage? The US has many enemies and the only reason they don't is because of our firepower. How many countries have nuclear rockets they could drop on us right now? I have been living under that threat since I was a child, and I am 56. This concept is nothing new, everyone lives with it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011

I forget where I read it as it's been a couple years and it could be false but the material stated that US Military insiders and there ilk have been trying to obtain the tech for sometime but are kept at a distance from any specs. Also it said that there observations show that the Iron Dome was far superior to anything the US and other Nations have in there possession at current. Funding for it has been provided with the intent of obtaining access to it from what I read a couple years ago. How much of that is true is a question in itself of course.

I don't really know for sure I just remember Quale stopped them from canceling the Patriot missile system, and we gave it to Israel to use. Now it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they built it 10 times better for half the cost.. lol You know the 600 dollar hammer and all that.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Iron Dome is a defensive weapons system only. So it is not used to kill anybody in Gaza. What does do is avoid massive civilian casualties in Israel. So if you want to see dead Israeli civilians then I can see why you oppose this funding. In other words you picking the wrong fight in a very complex war. And this is the problem with people who see this situation as something black and white.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join