It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Tells Followers ‘Don’t Try To Convert’ Lost People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I found this recent news article concerning Pope Francis. I think you will find this very interesting:
______beforeitsnews/global-unrest/2014/07/pope-francis-tells-followers-dont-try-to-convert-lost-people-2460122.html

Pope Francis, in an interview with Argentine magazine “Viva” recently, gave his Top 10 suggestions on how people could have a “happier and more fulfilled life”. Two of his pieces of advice bear closer examination. Pope-Francis-tells-followers-not-to-convert-lost-sinners Pope Francis wants you to “be kind” to lost people, and to not try to convert them to save them from Hell.

Suggestion #5 said “Sundays should be holidays. Workers should have Sundays off because “Sunday is for family,” he said.” I find it interesting that he didn’t say that Sunday was a day for church and worship of Jesus Christ. Instead, he just said it “should be for family”.

I was told by my grandfather a long time ago - "Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see". I hope this article is false.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Has this Pope went beyond his papal authority?
edit on Fri Aug 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE ADDED, IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
Suggestion #9, however, was a real doozy. “Don’t proselytize; respect others’ beliefs. “We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyses: ‘I am talking with you in order to persuade you,’ No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing,” the Pope said.” Synonyms for “proselytize” - evangelize, convert, save, redeem, win over, act as a missionary, advocate. Now why do you think that the Pope would be against believers doing any of those things? I thought those things were commands in the bible to the believer to go out and win the lost.

This may be about the fact that aggressive evangelism may be counter-productive, and quiet witness may sometimes have better effects.
Not so much "Stop evangelising" as "Go for the kind of evangelism that works better".

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well....I agree with what he said. Shine by example. Fundamental Churches who try to lure in believers but vote for capital punishment and throwing families on the street without jobs, are SATAN. Example please, live the life that Jesus and his brother James gave us. Be a good person, care about others, don't act like phonie sales person.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Possibly the smartest thing he has said so far. Other people's spiritual beliefs are none of anyone else's concern.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Maybe he has wisdom that most people do not have. For a priest to limit a blessed ones mind to become small minded when god has ordained that it should not be small minded, is probably one of the most stupid thing a priest can do since they are acting against god and all that is holy. Blind priest should not try to lead the ones who have spiritual sight. It is like the Jewish priest corrupted by their money lending telling Jesus to do as they say even when they are totally spiritually blind.

Many priest will believe they are in the service of god but have fallen to small mindedness and are controlled by the opposite side. Most fallen ones believe they serve the creator.

Just to make it clear god and man made religion is two very different things. The bible can be a good introduction book/problem book but is not the whole truth from gods point of view. And only gods point of view really matter.
edit on 1-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
I hope this article is false.

I hope it's true. One of the WORST things a religious person can do is to force their religion on others. It turns other people away. People will find their way on their own. You live your life according to your beliefs and others will see your example.

I love this pope! He speaks the truth from a loving heart.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have read the Bible 3 times. The only thing that stuck with me was to treat others as you would like to be treated.
Outside of that obvious truth, it was probably the most batsh!t crazy book I've ever read.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well to me it just looks like the catholic church at it again - don't you know they have more authority than the written word of God.

Sunday (The supposed Sabbath) used to be Saturday according to the Bible. God's also quite specific about honouring it... seeing as it's the fourth commandment.
But the church in it's wisdom announced it knew better and changed it to Sunday.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

He must have read some of the posting on ATS in the religion forum...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sigh. A man in a dress with a fancy stick who he and other people think he's waaay more important than he actually is, says something. Big deal.
I don't want to be saved or converted thank you very much. In fact, I'd run a mile if he tried.

I'm more than happy being a normal level headed person who doesn't need a fictional being who poses laws onto me, (which strangely were made up by man) to get me through a day.

Need to do something or make a decision? Desperately need to pray to someone? Think you have to bow down to a super being?

Use your brain. Answer to yourself and only yourself. Worship yourselves and your family. Never think a fictional character makes you bow down to them...

I reckon you'll be more happy if you do these things instead.

edit on Friday20142014-08-01T12:41:23-05:00pm314120148 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Isolation

Sunday (The supposed Sabbath) used to be Saturday according to the Bible.

Actually, that's not correct. The Israelites used a lunar calendar, and every month started on a different day, depending on the phase of the moon. They didn't have "days" in the same sense that we do, so the Sabbath was every seventh day after the start of the month. Applied to the calendar that we have now, it meant that the "real" Sabbath could have been any day of the week as we now know them, not just Saturday.

See Jewish Calendar.

Sad that the poor Seventh Day Adventists have built their whole religion around something that they didn't understand.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Why is this in the hoax bin?

From catholicregister.org:

9. Don't proselytize; respect others' beliefs. "We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes: 'I am talking with you in order to persuade you,' No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing," the pope said.

www.catholicregister.org...

Even if this were not a hoax, he would actually be correct...

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. ~ Matthew 7:5

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. ~ Matthew 6:33

originally posted by: amfirst
Yes u are right, there are satanists in the Vatican. They are members of the Illuminati. This is how they infiltrate the church. Some eventually become cardinals and perform satanic black mass. Not saying that the entire church is bad, but there are parasites within the organization in the highest places.

"Then the Lord took me to a place where there was a very well-known man. Before now, I used to live as an ignorant young christian. I used to think that any person that died would go to Heaven; that those who celebrated mass would also go to heaven, but I was wrong. When Pope John Paul II died, my friends and relatives would tell me that he had gone to heaven. All the news on TV and other media would say: “Pope John Paul II has died, may his soul rest in peace. He is now rejoicing with the Lord and his angels in heaven” and I believed all of it. But I was only fooling myself, because I saw him in Hell, being tormented by flames. I looked at his face and recognized him. The Lord said to me, “Look, daughter, that man that you see there, is Pope John Paul II. He is here in this place being tormented because he did not repent.”

But I asked, “Lord, why is he here? He used to preach at church.” Jesus replied: “Daughter, no fornicator, no idolater, no one who is greedy and no liar will inherit My Kingdom.” (Ephesians 5:5). I replied, “Yes, I know that is true, but I would like to know why he is here, because he used to preach to multitudes of people!”

And Jesus responded, “Yes, daughter, he may have said many things, but he would never speak the truth as it is. He never said the truth. Although he knew the truth, he preferred money over preaching about salvation. He never told the truth; he would not say that hell is real and that heaven also exists. Daughter, now he is here in this place.”

Pope John Paul II in Hell

edit on 5-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Murgatroid
Your link to that 'Pope John Paul II in Hell' site is based on Angelica Zambrano's alleged vision of Hell. She claimed to see famous people in hell - among them John Paul II and Michael Jackson. There are many sites on the internet that can theologically debunk her. I won't list them, they are easily found. She's a hoaxer - IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

There are also many sites that theologically debunk religion.

I find them FAR more convincing than 'a man in a dress with a fancy stick' as another poster said above.

There is no bigger hoax on planet earth than the Roman Catholic church...

For that reason alone, the credibility of those such as Angelica Zambrano towers above that of counterfeit religions.

Massive list of Roman Catholic False doctrines

She (Rome) has maintained her blasphemous reign as the so-called "church" by force and deception--not by the truth of the Bible (which she publicly railed against). The Bible reveals who Rome is and is therefore dangerous to her. Why is she posing as the Christian church? False religion is a money maker. Her doctrines/teachings have enabled her to collect wealth, delicacies, adoration, and power for centuries on end. Rome killed true Christians. Her heresies are manifested when someone reads the Bible. She has killed people for reading and translating the Bible. www.jesus-is-lord.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

the credibility of those such as Angelica Zambrano towers above that of counterfeit religions

lol, seriously?

There are lots of "me and my Bible" types that show that Angelica Zambrano is a hoaxer. Like this "gotquestions.org" guy: Angelica Zambrano and the Christian Dufflepuds.

He's calling you a Dufflepud, Murgatroid… go get him!

edit on 5-8-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Lies are lies. And she's telling some whoppers. She's no better than the organizations her followers hate so much. They ignore that what she's saying are lies because they like what she says.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: 'are'

top topics

join