It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped for Christ - Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this?

Kidnapped for Christ is a documentary film that details the experiences of several teenagers who were removed from their homes and sent to a behavior modification and ex-gay school in Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic

The documentary details the experiences of several teenagers who were forcibly removed from their homes and sent to Escuela Caribe at their parents' behest. The film focuses on the plight of a Colorado high school student, David, sent to the school by his parents after he told them he was gay. The film also documents the experiences of two girls: Beth, who was sent to the school because of a "debilitating anxiety disorder", and Tai, who was sent for behavioral problems resulting from childhood trauma

Logan did not initially know of the school's controversial nature, and the original premise was not an expose on the school.[11][12] Footage for the documentary was shot at the school during a seven week period in 2006. Director Kate Logan interviewed former students including Julia Scheeres, author of the bestseller Jesus Land, who was subjected to the school's abuse in the 1980s

en.wikipedia.org...

www.nytimes.com...

www.sia-now.org...

[pic]
[/pic]

As someone said.... It makes Jesus Camp look like Disneyland.

I watched this last night.... It's pretty harsh but worth seeing.
And it also has a lot of hope and the last 20 mins or so are very uplifting.

edit on 1/8/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have not seen it but what a heartbreaking story! Do you know if the facility is still operating? Seems there are others, too...

Logan emphasizes that Escuela Caribe is one of many such schools, part of a $2 billion industry, operating with little or no oversight from any government to monitor educational quality or basic student safety. “I want people to be aware that this is a problem, and it’s a problem we can do something about,” she says. She hopes audiences will call on governments to hold these schools accountable.

Source

THIS is one of the main reasons LGBT needs to become "normalized". So parents, upon finding out their kids are gay, don't spend $8000 per year shipping them off to a Christian camp to be "healed"... Disgusting!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I have not seen it but what a heartbreaking story! Do you know if the facility is still operating? Seems there are others, too...

Yeah - there's a few facts and stats at the end, and a map.
And of course, the vast majority of these behavioural correction facilities are IN the USA... but of course, many elsewhere too.
The one featured in the Documentary closed it's doors in 2012 apparently....although something popped up in its place.

A closing title informs that there are thousands of behavior modification programs (not all religion-based) for American youth worldwide, none regulated by the government; those off the U.S. mainland seem located there precisely to elude outside scrutiny. Escuela Caribe, which in fact closed its doors after several decades in 2012 (only to have another such enterprise take over its grounds), uses techniques like a “quiet room” (i.e., solitary confinement) and “swats” (paddle spanking).

You should definitely see it.

Disclose.tv has it up to watch

Here ya go... full documentary

www.disclose.tv...
edit on 1/8/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Imagine there is a school like this founded by the non-religious, geared toward de-converting people from religion and anti-LGBT. How long would that school last? Not very long I'd venture to say. But slap a religious name on it, and it becomes okay to kidnap, brainwash, torture, maim, and kill, anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Yeah, we've come a long way from our barbaric ancestors, haven't we?

(I really want our old emoticons back.)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I know mate.... it's crazy.
Can you imagine all of the religious folks in here spewing if that was the case?
But no.... Silence.

I miss the old emoticons too.

new topics

top topics

join