It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! World Health Organization Announcement on Ebola

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Or China's corporations. They have built huge ghost cities there for somebody. Probably their miner population that will be moving in soon!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk
The HIV virus and the Ames anthrax bacteria have been sequenced, allowing some ability to track the origins of an outbreak. Has such been done for Ebola? this is in anticipation of questions about whether or not that this is a 12 monkeys type outbreak, and engineered....or natural. with live samples at the CDC and in Germany, it is time to ask origin questions by sequencing the virus....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Gates of Hades? thanks Siri.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

The fact that there were several epicenters suggests purposeful. The facts that Guinea's new government cancelled mining permits negotiated by the previous corrupt government, and the region is sitting on Billion$ and Billion$ worth of easily accessible iron ore, bauxite, diamonds, gold and uranium provides the motive.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Pentagon says Ebola patients being flown from Africa to the US will arrive at Dobbins Air Force Reserve Base north of Atlanta via non-military aircraft - @NBCNews

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I cannot find anything on it now, but at one point earlier this week I thought I had heard 23 just in Liberia, but like I said I cannot find a source on that now. a reply to: AutumnWitch657

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The virus is generally spread through bodily fluids, something the majority of the western world knows all to well.

It's bad, but it won't get as bad people think. If it were mainly transmitted through air, then we have an issue.

Not disputing what you're saying, but ebola in some cases can be contacted by just touching the skin of an infected person, they believe a lot of cases of the recent infections can be associated by rituals of washing the dead before burial.

I find this infinitely more terrifying than 'terror' and 'drugs'... and anything else we have a war with.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am wondering if anyone can explain the differences in survival rates?

news.msn.com...

From this article it says that in Guinea there were 460 (known) cases and 339 deaths but in Sierra Leone there were 533 cases and only 233 deaths, not to say that 233 deaths is not a lot but why the differences in the percentages of deaths?

Forgive me but I do not know much about the countries effected by this. Is it better health care, healthier people in general, a trial medicine? what is it that is allowing more survivors in one place over another?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Unlike AIDS Ebola victims appear sick. You don't have the virus hidden for years and years. It's not communicable until symptoms appear. People would avoid others who show signs of illness. This won't become another sexually transmitted disease because victims show signs of illness.
emphasis mine.

That might not be the case with IV drug users. Heroin addicts experience flu-like symptoms at the onset of withdrawal. I don't think symptoms of illness would necessarily be a red flag for those in close contact with them.

The homeless/IV drug users often live with symptoms of illness everyday. They're out in public places, use public restrooms/transportation etc. How could you be sure people using public restrooms were showing signs of illness or not?

I could be wrong but If animals in Africa can catch Ebola I imagine dogs/cats can too. Waste from stray animals could put the homeless/general public at risk.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
All i know is, if there are any reports of an infected person in my state
i will bug out and keep all human contact at a distance, by force if necessary

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
ihave two words for yousse ALL
....AGENDA @!

What are you going on about? Are you suggesting every pandemic, outbreak, plague, and so on.. was a planned event? Please..

Outbreaks happen. That it happened where it happened is simply more proof it was natural. Why do you (type of) folks instantly assume it's some grim new world order plot by Illuminati / masons / UN / insert your favorite conspiracy here group?

It's not even 1,000 people! It is in the grand scheme of things, a tiny outbreak. It's amazing when there is any disaster, disease, event, etc... how many people bleat out "omg conspiracy we are all gonna die!" Natural disasters, mentally disturbed people performing mass killings, diseases and pandemics.. these ACTUALLY DO occur without any intervention from an evil conspiracy group. And without an iota of proof.. the mere fact that something like this occurs makes you think it is actually proof of a conspiracy! Hilarity...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Put this into perspective, in 2000 in South Africa alone, tuberculosis killed 28907 people, if you have a person with tuberculosis which is rampant in Africa that also becomes infected with Ebola then transmission rates may escalate.

In Australia we have a virus called Hendra, if you want to really want to think the worst, think what would happen if they could mix, Hendra, Ebola and the rampent 'normal' flu that is now going around this winter in the Southern Hemisphere, I wonder what the flu season in the Northern Hemisphere will be like this time?????

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I can hear it now...

"Somehow... the additional radiation exposure in the plane at 30K feet caused the virus to mutate into an airborne mutagen. This was unexpected and unprecedented."

And then you can commence with all of your apocalyptic scenarios from there.

In reality, all that stands between us and near extinction is this virus and a few strands of DNA that we have to hope to God don't mutate.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"In reality, all that stands between us and near extinction is this virus and a few strands of DNA that we have to hope to God don't mutate."

Star for that. Some people just have no clue what they're talking about. This is a very serious disease.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Where is your link to this announcement?????

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

"Something" really, really stinks about this whole mess. I don't believe it is what it seems.

My best guess is they are going to deliver the people to the CDC for study. Despite the obvious risks that is the only thing that makes sense to me. They are worried and need to know as much about the progression of this particular strain of the virus as they can. If anyone has another "stated reason" please share it.

And that tells us they are expecting to fight this thing for some time to come.

The WHO alert is particularly disturbing. The first sign of a plague overwhelming a region is the defeat of the medical professions efforts to combat it.

Open the flood gates.

Troops and lots of ammunition will be the only defense.

Drop overpasses, derail trains and crater runways. No one goes in or out. Gunships and mechanized infantry patrol the established border, killing anyone encroaching into no mans land.

The virus is allowed to run its course. By day vultures circle. At night funeral pyres light the sky.

Medieval

[insert Twilight Zone theme)

The perfect scenario, created for and by the world government:
to helter skelter in place. Got beans and rice??

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wiseupall

My mistake. I thought I linked the source in the OP. It's all over the place. Here is the transcript source (much more at link)...

WHO Director-General assesses the Ebola outbreak with three West African presidents

Dr Margaret Chan
Director-General of the World Health Organization:

First, this outbreak is moving faster than our efforts to control it. If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socioeconomic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries. As I said before, this meeting must mark a turning point in the outbreak response.

WHO Director-General assesses the Ebola outbreak with three West African presidents

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
I can hear it now...

"Somehow... the additional radiation exposure in the plane at 30K feet caused the virus to mutate into an airborne mutagen. This was unexpected and unprecedented."

And then you can commence with all of your apocalyptic scenarios from there.

In reality, all that stands between us and near extinction is this virus and a few strands of DNA that we have to hope to God don't mutate.

~Namaste

Ugh I can smell a new syfy show... "the plane" or something.. top secret military plane carrying a weaponised ebola virus to a top secret facility is hit by a solar flare, causing.... etc etc..

"previously on The Plane.... *eerie music*

I know I'm safe anyway. I've not heard about this thing on the news. so it cant be that bad.

Ebola me over and estola me wallet..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how strangely silent Obama has been about them bringing Ebola into the US?

I would think that the president of the US would want to make some kind of announcement to the people, at least to try to reassure them if nothing else.

I find this quite odd. He must be out golfing again or something?

I think a conspicuous additional fact to this is Congress
going on vacation for a month. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wonder if we should add this one. 50 leaders/delegates and their entourages:

US Africa Leaders Summit Aug 4-6

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join