It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola - Connecting dots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It saddens me that golfers/soccer/basketball/football players etc get paid billions annually when viruses still exist out there that we dont have cures or treatment for..Like Ebola

If I was living in America I would probably join those "doomsday prepper" type folk who live outside of metropolitan areas, especially if you consider the following..

Lets combine the recent discovery of secret FEMA camps with the Ebola outbreak...then consider DHS purchase of 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo and the government training what to do in a "zombie outbreak"...oh and also the government trying to take guns away from people and the statement that even healthy Americans will be quarantined in the event of an outbreak.
(These are only a few articles, I have been following these stories for a while but wasnt stockpiling info but you are more than welcome to do your own research)

www.foreignpolicy.com...
www.forbes.com...
mrconservative.com...
And the scariest one - www.infowars.com...

I think it would be an easy opportunity/excuse to imprison millions of Americans with little resistance. Im not saying this will happen, Im simply saying keep it in mind as you can never be too sure.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Ebola is bad, but there are far worse things going on in Africa..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about anything Infowars says, they're pure fiction click-bait territory.

And I wouldn't be too worried about Ebola either. It's a horrible way to die, but it's not terribly likely to become a pandemic.

And washing your hands with soap is enough to destroy the virus. So really, good hygiene control defeats it.

ampp3d.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Zenem

Must not forget about that whole depopulation agenda that does not exist

It does not even need to be a conspiracy theory, they have trained an entire generation to believe that there is too many people. If this is to be true exactly what is the answer to the problem?

I believe they have not invested as much as they have into biological warfare for no reason, one clear example of the lengths the will go is weaponized mycoplasma.
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Was the FEMA thing not debunked? Alex Jones lied about that didn't he? I wouldn't take anything on there too seriously i have seen them claim so many things from small scale things and events then nothing comes of it so they quickly come out with something else to fear monger with, i agree Ebola is very frightening but im not sure i can connect these dots..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Deciding priorities is a great thing, but you know that capitalism is freedom of choice, if there is a market to watch sports and people that pay, owners get paid even more, and what the athletes see is only a small proportion of overall and gross income, let's not use athletes as the poster children.
It really is about big business, big pharma and our tax dollars via CDC and NIH not being fully implemented, that is a totally separate issue from private sports teams, are you insinuating that athletes and their mega corporate owners and sponsors are somehow to blame?
no I disagree on this seeming attempt to bring professional athletes in to the equation when the real issue is there is probably plenty of money that exists from tax dollars and government agencies that are wasted that could easily be better appropriated, this is the issue and should be the focus, government oversight and direction of public health and research, not gate receipts from sports fans.
I think your sadness should be a result of how badly the government misappropriates and wastes tax dollars.
Not how much a sports professional is compensated.
edit on 1-8-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Ah you can debunk anything officially. Look at 9/11, I would not attribute the FEMA camp thing completely to Alex Jones. He is an absolute fear mongerer who profits off the fear that he creates, that much is a given. However what the feds are up to, clearly includes a complete police state. Simply look at the response to peaceful protests!

Than when you factor in all of the executive orders our presidents have been issuing on behalf of their masters, it is safe to say that the ruling elite are preparing for civil unrest of an unprecedented kind.

No worries though, this is all a part of our collective evolution, fear is where they want you to be. Faith is needed now more than ever, faith in humanity! It starts with you, there is nothing they can take from us that we do not give away.

We are far more powerful than they would have us believe, we are co-creators in this universe and far more of us are beginning to understand this than are falling for the illusion. It simply is not televised, it is out there in the communities, action is what is needed!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Ebola is only a threat when poor hygiene and food handling exists, like in superstitious and ignorant African villages.

FEMA camps do exist, but the tin hat hype about them, is just that, hype, especially when someone goes and films an old prison and call it a FEMA camp, of course it's going to look suspicious, but yes, let's believe some idiot on youtube.

The ammunition thing has been debunked too!

So your whole thread is based on completely false information I'm sorry to say..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Oh ok great, your responses eases my mind.

MSM seems to report that "even a single drop on the skin can infect you"

I think I will stop reading infowars and take CNN with a pinch of salt...
edit on 1-8-2014 by Zenem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I never said Ebola wasn't bad, I was trying to say that in a country like the US, the likelihood of an outbreak is extremely low.

Perhaps you should take both CNN and infowars with a pinch of salt, instead of believing whichever one confirms your bias.

edit on 1-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

All Ebola outbreaks in the US have been contained be for and ended very fast, without a massive death toll. Check the CDC Ebola outbreak sheet on their website.

What I don't like is that this version of the virus is one of the worst. It has the highest kill rate, but this could also be due to medical conditions.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ebola is only a threat when poor hygiene and food handling exists, like in superstitious and ignorant African villages.

If this is true,then why does Ebola explode when it gets in hospitals?

You can no matter how clean get Ebola if you are exposed to it. Soap does not kill it,only bleach. It doesn't even fall apart under UV rays like other virus' do. They tested it at USAMRIID. They let it sit out on a counter in a level 4 biocontainment lab that no one else was allowed to enter. It sat for several weeks and came right back 'alive' when exposed to monkey meat.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What do athlete salaries have to do with ebola?!!!!!!!!!!!

In case things were not clear, ebola is an AFRICAN disease, not an American one. So is Malaria, and, oddly enough the OP didn't mention it.

In case there is some confusion, about 1000 total people have died from this all time. 1000 in a total population of 7BILLION!!!!!!!!!

To put that in perspective, GM executives killed 13 people recently. 40 died last year from vending machine accidents. 500 people a year die in the hands of the police! 100000 people died TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip people, this is statistically insignificant. Ohhhhhhh scary, ohhhhhh awful for those who get it, but for the love of god the rate of infection per person on the planet is so small as to not merit concern - it is not coming to Athens GA.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
but it's not terribly likely to become a pandemic.

Ebola 'moving faster than efforts to control it': WHO

WHO chief Margaret Chan told the leaders of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia at a regional summit the response to the epidemic had been "woefully inadequate", revealing that the outbreak was "moving faster than our efforts to control it".

The WHO raised the death toll by 57 to 729 on Thursday, announcing that 122 new cases had been detected between Thursday and Sunday last week, bringing the total to more than 1,300.

"It is taking place in areas with fluid population movements over porous borders, and it has demonstrated its ability to spread via air travel, contrary to what has been seen in past outbreaks," she told the summit.
It's a lot more serious than they're telling us!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

Well you have to think about he virus normal environment. The strain of the virus people are talking about now lives in areas of few people but the groups but they all live near each other with in a small space, compared to living condition in most first would nations. Put it in a first world nations city with a climate near to Africa and watch it spread like wild fire if not put in check. That check would be CDC and other medical departments. But this also changes from nation to nation, so we'll use the current treatment rate as the measurement. Then there is the rate at which people will go to the doctors over just waiting it out. With all that in mind, I think the UK would be fine, the North half of Russia would be fine, Italy might have a problem (faith healing has not help keep this virus under control), Northern half should be fine both east ans west side the south would run in to problems, Australia would be fine, Japan might have a small problem depending on a lot of factors but they would most likely have it wrapped up in under a year, China would be horrible at first then they would take drastic measures to stop it which I bit would be just as bad as the virus, South Korea wouldn't far well but wouldn't be wiped out, North Korea I'm not even sure we'd know if they got it there or not so hard to tell.

I'll see about trying to figure out the math formula for this later. But the human factor will always keep it from being 90% right.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Here are some dots to connect. Monsanto, Tekmira, Ohio, microcystin, Samaritan's Purse.

originally posted by: ObjectZero

All Ebola outbreaks in the US have been contained be for and ended very fast, without a massive death toll. Check the CDC Ebola outbreak sheet on their website.

What I don't like is that this version of the virus is one of the worst. It has the highest kill rate, but this could also be due to medical conditions.

There is absolutely no proof of that. Contained how? It depends how and where it spreads, and if it does, how long would it be before they ran out of supplies and space in hospitals? And how many would be still walking around at the infected stage.

It's a crap shoot.

No one, not the WHO, not the CDC, not the NIH, can say this without any amount of certainty.
edit on 8/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join