It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Particle Fever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
For those who actually like pure science, you can find "Particle Fever" on NetFlix. "Particle Fever" tells the story of the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) from the point of view of a handful of sciencists working on the project.

It's very well done.

Thousands of people, from all over the world, working together to gain understaniding of basic science. Awesome.

Easy to follow, great production values, 5 stars.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"Easy to follow, great production values, 5 stars."

You do mean 5 out of ten, don't you?

edit on -05:0042148242014-08-01T00:24:42-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

edit on -05:0020148252014-08-01T00:25:20-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

No = I mean like in "as 5-star hotel".

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Just watched this at your recommendation.

Time well spent. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

so would 5 Stars be enough for a Black hole or just a Mini-Black hole ......?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Strange... I just finished watching it the other night.

When I was in school for welding one of the welding instructors actually was head of welding the manganese and 1+ inch stainless TMAW applications on one of the colliding modules, I forget which one.

He said even just himself a welder with over 20+ years experience with TIG alone wouldn't have gotten him the job, it was that he had other credentials under his belt, he was a smart guy and he would tell us that even he felt dumb around all the incredibly intelligent people.

It was a good documentary, easy to follow, and i learned a lot about what physicists actually think about the 'laws' and tend to throw them out the window half the time.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
An update on the Large Hadron Collider's next run - coming up soon:

During its last 3-year run, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) achieved its highest-energy collisions at 8 TeV. But when the LHC starts up again in 2015 it will hit 13 TeV, which means new challenges for the large detectors ATLAS, CMS, ALICE and LHCb. Subdetectors on the ATLAS experiment will have to be thoroughly tested for performance at high energy. But how do you test a general-purpose particle physics detector for high-energy collisions when there are no particle collisions taking place? "Cosmic rays," says ATLAS run coordinator Alessandro Polini.

home.web.cern.ch...

top topics

join