It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen such a sighting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

So thats a kind of tumbling trajectory, like end over end?

If so and no visible apparent breakup along its trajectory, that could be your confirmation of a "space body" passing thru the atmosphere. But I really can't say. Another possibility might be that it was high enough to be exposed to sunlight and went by without entering the atmosphere. That happens occasionally but in that case it would have to be a larger body and would have been noticed by astronomers.

Neat graphic.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So thats a kind of tumbling trajectory, like end over end?

If so and no visible apparent breakup along its trajectory, that could be your confirmation of a "space body" passing thru the atmosphere. But I really can't say. Another possibility might be that it was high enough to be exposed to sunlight and went by without entering the atmosphere. That happens occasionally but in that case it would have to be a larger body and would have been noticed by astronomers.

Neat graphic.

End over end is a good description.

I want to believe your second possibility because it seems most feasible but this was a bright neon blue which thinking about it.. It must indicate it was within the atmosphere burning up.

I've looked up meteor/asteroid reports on the day but found nothing yet to link, this was so fast though I doubt anyone looking would notice it unless they were watching it for a while, as in as it approached.

Is it possible I saw a high speed, decent sized rock hurtling through space that barely missed us and "clipped" our atmosphere so to speak?

If so I find that a much more troubling prospect than the idea of aliens buzzing our skies and scaring the local indigenous populace

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Also, re: the initial "satellite" sighting... your OP keeps flip-flopping on West to East, or East to West. Most satellites go from the West to the East (with exceptions). Did your initial bright light sighting you thought might've been the ISS go from the West traveling East?

Not meaning to be too detail oriented, but it's sort of important to any possible relation between the two lights and figuring it out.

The South to North tumbling blue-white light, though, is very abnormal. An asteroid is the likeliest possibility, but was the flight path such that a rock skipping-tumbling across the atmosphere might make? Or was it broader than that, as if "steered?"

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I would say that you saw a meteor impacting the atmosphere and burning up.

I've seen quite a few of them when I was in the pacific, in blackout conditions on deployment.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The thing I described looked a lot like the recording at about 44:30 on this video

I saw the "satellite" and felt content, figured it's time to treat my dog to a stroke and myself to a beer... I took that first sip and saw something that put the fear in me. What I saw was the fastest moving thing I can comprehend. It skittered or should I say skimmed across the sky in a split second, like it was wobbling as it done it's journey. Blue-white in colou

top topics

<< 1   >>

join