It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen such a sighting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi all

Tonight I saw one hell of a sight, let me explain...

It all began with me going out for a ciggy, I went out with a drink in hand and a cigarette in the other with the full intent of enjoying puffing away and maybe lounging out in the deck chair. Anyway, most of my time "downloading cancer" as my friend would call it was an uninteresting one. Then I saw what I believed to be a satellite, streaking from West to East, quite a sight.

The satellite had a strong white glow and moved from about 20 degrees to my right above me to reasonably about 40 degrees off vertical point to my left (west, it was moving east to west and I was facing south). So in other words it was above me just to the right and it passed above me to my left and faded out as it moved along.

I sighted this at 3:21 AM

It reminded me of a sighting I had a few days before of a similar satellite that passed this flight just off the coast of Sunderland, I'd say about 25-75 mile off the coast...

It followed the same flight path by a tee, east to west... I found out the flight path of my sighting on monday... I was gonna make a thread but didn't have time. Anyway, the satellite following the same trajectory as the one days before isn't what spurred me to make this post.

It's what else I saw tonight that made me do that.

I saw the "satellite" and felt content, figured it's time to treat my dog to a stroke and myself to a beer... I took that first sip and saw something that put the fear in me. What I saw was the fastest moving thing I can comprehend. It skittered or should I say skimmed across the sky in a split second, like it was wobbling as it done it's journey. Blue-white in colour, I swear it scared me so much, not so much because I don't know what it is but because I don't know of anything that can do what it done.

The "thing" moved from south to north.

So my question is has anyone saw a sighting where one object moved one way (north to south for e.g.) then unexpectedly at least one other object moved in complete opposite (east to west) ?
edit on 31-7-2014 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The first one sounds like it could have been the ISS. At that time it may have been high enough to catch the pre-dawn sun and make it highly visible. I have seen it traverse the sky shortly after sunset while it was lit up and it is quite a sight.

Can't say what the other one might have been.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

and saw something that put the fear in me. What I saw was the fastest moving thing I can comprehend. It skittered or should I say skimmed across the sky in a split second, like it was wobbling as it done it's journey. Blue-white in color, I swear it scared me so much, not so much because I don't know what it is but because I don't know of anything that can do what it done.

I almost missed your second sighting but was glad I caught it. Could have been a meteor.

Question: Did it burn out in the sky or continue until it disappeared over the horizon?
edit on 31-7-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, the annual Perseid meteor shower is about due. You can see a meteor streak across the sky every few minutes, or even quicker than that. It can reach up to 100 meteors or more per hour during its peak. The meteors can appear and disappear almost instantly, or streak across the sky and 'seem' to last a few seconds, but really just a full second or a little more depending on their size.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
A part of a sighting I had the craft wobbled like a falling leaf, before skipping or pulsing across the sky at high speed.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
1991. Laying on top of my LAV in Saudi Arabia near the Kuwait Border. I was on radio watch around 3 am. No moon , brilliant stars.
Its amazing in the desert 50 miles away from civilization.
At that time my USMC unit had unlimited use of our satellites for GPS location. We could see a lot of them .
Myself and our company gunny were laying down looking up at the stars and satellites. We saw coming out of the direct north horizon a bright white ' satellite' moving south at similar speed compared to the other satellite's. Then as it neared directly over our position it stopped. Maybe 20 degrees north of us to the north.
We both noticed it and sat up. We looked at it sitting there way up in the sky not moving at all. It stayed stationary for over 1 minute.
Then it shot directly west at incredible speed. Covered that half of the sky in about 2 seconds and was gone.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
hey yo! aloha! longtime reader, just had to make an account because me and my friend just witnessed the SAME thing! We are in Hawaii and it followed the same south to north path, it had some moments in its flight path that seemed to glimmer or wobble, but its speed remained constant. it went from the southern horizon into the north in a matter of about 2-3 minutes before it seems to fade out, probably from distance. we saw this at about 7:45-8 pm hst

edit on 1-8-2014 by creation7 because: time

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Rare fleeting thoughts inside find there way into the center of my mind
Under the night sky bright sights heavenly body's dance in a dazzling display
No more watching lets get closer and look into the souls

Always thinking of a time so lost it's a fragment of what was so great so sad
Watch the hands of time close around the neck of men and call for an end
Awaken in the mind shake off the shackles of a slave forgotten
Yes there is a name for the ones above where are the waking watchers

edit on 1-8-2014 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There is talk of a new military air ship that is revolutionary in every way... and other members have sighted it. Powder blue or bright, neon blue light?

If true, pretty neat... and you guys were also lucky to see it.

Now back to staring at the trippy owl above this post....
edit on 8/1/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/1/2014 by Baddogma because: duh fix

edit on 8/1/2014 by Baddogma because: too sleepy to function

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I thought the ISS too at first that's why I wanted to find the exact time that 777 flew over head, it didn't match up I think it was over the atlantic at the time. I did check the flight path and location of quite a few satellites too but non matched up on the time scale.

It was getting late by then so I went to bed.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It was fast as lightning about the size of a garden pea at arm's length, couldn't make any shape out because it was so fast.

It disappeared behind a cloud and never came out the other side, it was all over in a split second it would have cleared the sky in about 2 seconds if I saw it horizon to horizon.

The wobbling or tumbling was pretty erratic, if it was a meteor it must have been shaped a bit like a bowling pin the way it moved.

So to answer your question yeah it probably burned up behind the cloud or got whipped back into space...?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dvldwg89
1991. Laying on top of my LAV in Saudi Arabia near the Kuwait Border. I was on radio watch around 3 am. No moon , brilliant stars.
Its amazing in the desert 50 miles away from civilization.
At that time my USMC unit had unlimited use of our satellites for GPS location. We could see a lot of them .
Myself and our company gunny were laying down looking up at the stars and satellites. We saw coming out of the direct north horizon a bright white ' satellite' moving south at similar speed compared to the other satellite's. Then as it neared directly over our position it stopped. Maybe 20 degrees north of us to the north.
We both noticed it and sat up. We looked at it sitting there way up in the sky not moving at all. It stayed stationary for over 1 minute.
Then it shot directly west at incredible speed. Covered that half of the sky in about 2 seconds and was gone.

This reminds me of a sighting I had on my first ever night shift at a factory.

It was a clear night so I chilled outside while I had my break, about 2 minutes in I saw a satellite coming over then it stopped directly above the plant. It was their for about 2 hours just sitting and doing little movements as if it was correcting it's position.

It didn't dart off or anything, it just faded out towards the end of my lunch break.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I saw one like that once. it streaked in and yawed, then actually bounced twice (like skipping a stone on a pond), cascading sparks each time. The second time it "skipped" it disappeared in a shower of orange sparks that fell down until they dimmed out. This was during day time. There was a vapor trail and a "puff" where it disintegrated. There was no sound. I was too young and ignorant to think I could ahem triangulated the position and gone meteorite hunting.

This occurred almost overhead. Pretty spectacular to have those kind of sightings. The more cigarette breaks one takes (di that for decades) the more one is outside and in a position to witness these things. Not that dying of cigs is any lifetime goal to be achieving…

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah I missed that party

I've been blessed with quite a few sightings that defy conventional thoughts of what an object travelling through the sky should do... That owl freaks me out

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sorry I used shorthand and a point was missed. Were the lights on the thing powder/baby blue OR hot, neon blue?

And yeah, the owl and what it posts... the owl... the... owl...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Neon blue would be the best description

It was very bright.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This occurred almost overhead. Pretty spectacular to have those kind of sightings. The more cigarette breaks one takes (di that for decades) the more one is outside and in a position to witness these things. Not that dying of cigs is any lifetime goal to be achieving…

Spectacular indeed, this happened so quick that I think for the first time in my life I stood their dumbstruck for a few moments. I can imagine the feeling I got would be similar to if you saw a cruise missile or something blast through the skies above you.

Shocked and helpless.

I'm pretty much convinced this was an asteroid but wouldn't it have a vapour trail?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'm pretty much convinced this was an asteroid but wouldn't it have a vapor trail?

Not visible at night.

Heres one passing through the atmosphere from way back.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yes people have been seeing something similar in southern California since 2000. Looks like a satellite going north south then half way through the sky it does a 90 degree turn and goes say east west. Travels from horizon to horizon in seconds.

Back in the day the color was a bright star like whitish blue. Now a days people are reporting it to be dull yellowish. Also, keep an eye out for bright green too.

It's most likely an experimental or operational Spy Plane. American.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I've seen contrails of planes at night when it's been humid, it was a pretty humid night with a lot of scattered clouds.
So if it was in our atmosphere wouldn't it have left at least some form of trail?

Here is a very basic picture of the kind of flight path it took.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join