It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Spirits Upgrading From Ouija Boards to Smartphones?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

It could of been your camera. Just like you can play your phone a song and it will tell you what song it is and the artist with the right app.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Kind of changes the whole idea of a long distance call.

All kidding aside the darkness has always used electronics as a transfer medium to interfere with the work of light. Most people who enjoy or those that don't, this world on a different plane of existence and move between them often can't keep electronic devices such as watches working properly for any length of time. One giveaway, is a wind up watch if they wear one. If you are one of these people don't fret if it is happening, although it is a PITA, it just means you're doing a good job. Do you seem to experience an unusual amount of say computer problems? Does your phone cut out are just the wrong time every time?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sounds more like an genius prank to me.
You watch, someone will figure out how to make a mint pulling this kind of stuff on the ultra-religious, if they haven't already. New reality series or something, because who wouldn't want to watch the most gullible among us fall for demon texts?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Do witches us SPELLCHECK ?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Father Rajchel didn’t indicate if he’s attended the recent exorcism training workshops held by the Vatican, but he’s clearly an expert on how evil spirits have switched to new technology.

I'm wondering where it shows that this priest is "clearly an expert on how evil spirits have switched to new technology", especially if "Father Rajchel didn't indicate if he's attended the recent exorcism training workshops held by the Vatican."

I really don't think there is too much to go on with this thread being the short piece written on the source listed, and no information provided to back what was said in "said" article.

Still a cool OP, something for me to look into, so starred.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Demons have been using phones for many years under a different name. Here we call them "telemarketers".

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Not had that happen .. nor heard of any cases in asia of it happening.. seems to be a western phenomena ..

Nope.. ghosts here still drop in the old-fashioned way ..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
Demons have been using phones for many years under a different name. Here we call them "telemarketers".

LOL.. are you sure they aren't political survey takers?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: Shana91aus

It could of been your camera. Just like you can play your phone a song and it will tell you what song it is and the artist with the right app.

I thought about that but... That would mean someone would actually have to be watching through the camera to name all the stuff in my surroundings, say they did have access too it they would have only seen the roof or the floor anyway they wouldn't have seen what was on the bench, when i was in my room i sat it down on my dresser and it said dresser, the app doesn't ask for access too my camera either but i know that doesnt mean that its impossible at all, this is a cheap paid app aswell but has quite alot of downloads so that would mean hiring alot of people to look through each users camera and randomly put words up of things in the room that the camera can not even see ? I just cant see that as a reasonable explanation, i was using it in bed once and it said something about my pillow, me and my partner were talking about one of our dogs and it said pet, so in that instance i guess you could say it took what we said and extracted a word that would fit in from that but that still doesn't explain the other occurances, its really strange and kind of creepy. It said demon once n i turned it off i was like F that, then i had a dream about a demon in my house and i was saying all this weird stuff in my dream to get it out of my house really weird stuff like banishing it i kept saying i banish you from my house i have no idea why i would say that ??? Its not a word i use or really ever remember using But it was strange and also that it was my actual house, in my dreams i have the same house but its always very different and always the same in my dreams but in this dream it was my house. I have really strange vivid dreams though every night, and it probably just freaked me out subconsciously so entered my dreams. I sound a bit crazy weird now lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
In my experience, the demon is autocorrect itself. It makes me want to do bad things when it keeps changing all my shirt...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I find it odd that demons never show themselves to a complete skeptic, only those who are "true believers."

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Anywho, this reminded me of an article I read recently, so here you go folks. May your conclusions be your own.

VICE - THE EXORCISM INDUSTRY JOINS THE 21ST CENTURY

Incidents like that are what most people picture when they think of exorcism—a personal conflict between a priest and a demon, a lot of drama, “the power of Christ compels you,” etc. But just like everything else, demonic possession has been changed irrevocably by technology. Demons are now being cast out remotely via webcam or cell phone, and the next generation of exorcists take themselves just as seriously as Isaac does.

Carlos Oliveira, a Brazilian Christian exorcist who’s been plying his trade for almost 25 years, first in Brazil and now in Fresno, California, told me that he frequently banishes demons during phone calls with clients. His connection to Jesus Christ, a connection that enables him to drive away evil, can manifest itself on a landline or even a wireless hub.

“In order for me to talk to you—if you are in another state—the only way I can communicate with you is over the phone or over Skype or over the internet,” Carlos told me. “Demons communicate with one another, and they don’t have cell phones, they don’t have internet, and they don’t need that.”

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
In my experience, the demon is autocorrect itself. It makes me want to do bad things when it keeps changing all my shirt...

Totally agree!! It took me so long to realise i could turn auto correct off it wasnt until i got my 2nd iphone , just in time because the 'its not me its my phone' excuse was getting old haha

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

We call those "sodomite demons" because they are screwing everyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Okay, so now that we have the discussion about whether this was a prank on the priest, or not, and demons not needing phones to communicate (which I agree with), and some joking out of the way, my questions in the OP were:

Have you ever received a call from something sounding like a demon, or, have you ever received a call from a deceased loved one?

Please... I'd like to have a serious discussion about this for my research. I know this happens. I don't want to scare away the people who have experienced this because of any type of ridicule going on here.

Thank you to the one or two that have shared your experience.

edit on 8/1/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Wicked spirit forces have manifested themselves to nonbelievers many times. There are many stories of atheists being harassed by them. So to say that they do not is foolhardy, and lack of either knowledge, or is deceiving. It's probably the former.

As far as the dead. The dead cannot communicate. They are dead and not alive. One day, in the near future those who are asleep in death will hear Jesus' voice and come back to life. But until then they are nonexistent.

As for the priest who was "exorcising the spirit." He couldn't even do that, but we are told that many charlatans will profess Jesus' name, but in the end Jesus will refuse to acknowledge them, calling them "workers of lawlessness.

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all.

(Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

(1 Thessalonians 4:13, 14)  Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope. 14 For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again, so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus.

(Matthew 7:22, 23) 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

When Jesus came upon a demon possessed man, and he spoke to the spirit it spoke back through the man:

(Mark 5:2-10) . . .And immediately after Jesus got out of the boat, a man under the power of an unclean spirit met him from among the tombs. 3 His haunt was among the tombs, and up to that time, absolutely no one was able to bind him securely, even with a chain. 4 He had often been bound with fetters and chains, but he snapped the chains apart and smashed the fetters; and nobody had the strength to subdue him. 5 And continually, night and day, he was crying out in the tombs and in the mountains and slashing himself with stones. 6 But on catching sight of Jesus from a distance, he ran and bowed down to him. 7 Then he cried out with a loud voice: “What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I put you under oath by God not to torment me.” 8 For Jesus had been saying to it: “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit.” 9 But Jesus asked him: “What is your name?” And he replied: “My name is Legion, because there are many of us.” 10 And he kept pleading with Jesus not to send the spirits out of the country.

The demons compelled the man to bow before Jesus and then plead to Jesus, recognizing him as superior and having authority over them.

So, yes, demons can use a person to communicate to others. And no, no one has ever been contacted by a dead loved one. They can be contacted by deceiving spirits that trick them into thinking that the wicked spirit, or demon, is a dead human, but dead humans are dead, and unconscious. So any encounter with such a deceiving spirit must be Satanic in nature.

Knowing these simple truths frees you from many superstitions and fears that Satan has wrapped humankind in. That is why Jesus sated: "and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:32.

edit on 1-8-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

While I have no doubt that spirits can mess with electronics (I've had them mess with my camera batteries while in haunted locations), in this case I think it's most likely a case of someone pulling a prank on the preacher. I have heard of people getting phone calls from loved ones who they don't know have passed away yet and the voice sounds far away .. but I don't think this 'demonic texting' is supernatural. IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The girl was the one sending the message, but she was allegedly possessed by a demon at the time. It would be easy to text that way. But, I'm not even sure if the message was received in a text. The article just says he started receiving phone messages. It could have been a voice mail message.

The author of the article is the one insinuating it was a text message, when he stated:

Maybe it’s time Father Rajchel upgrades to a textorcism.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The statement:

"Shut up, preacher. You cannot save yourself. Idiot. You pathetic old preacher," is interesting.

Scripture states:

(Psalm 49:7) . . .None of them can ever redeem a brother Or give to God a ransom for him,

No one can save another person, let alone themselves. It appears, if this is a real message, whoever gave it to the "preacher" knows that he doesn't have the truth. He obviously doesn't put faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice, and somehow thinks he will gain salvation of his own. The wicked spirit, who knows the truth, considers this fool and idiot, which he is. And he shows his disdain for him by calling him pathetic as well. And most the clergy of Christendom are quite pathetic.

Yet he doesn't reveal to him anything else that might be helpful.

And the following statement reveals that he is also a wicked spirit of deception and lies:

"She will not come out of this hell. She’s mine. Anyone who prays for her will die."

Once a wicked spirit has someone under their control they like to try and fool them into thinking they have no escape. If they know the truth, or even parts of the truth, they will play on their guilt, by many times telling them that they have committed the unforgivable sin by communing with wicked spirits (even if they trick them into originally think they are talking with angels, or dead people).

And may try do drive the person insane, or into committing suicide. They relish in harming people in such a fashion.

Yet the truth of the matter is, that if a person turns to the living God Jehovah for help, he can free them from enslavement to wicked spirit forces.

(Proverbs 18:10) . . .The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous one runs and receives protection.

(James 4:7-10) 7 Therefore, subject yourselves to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones. 9 Give way to misery and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned into mourning, and your joy into despair. 10 Humble yourselves in the eyes of Jehovah, and he will exalt you.
edit on 1-8-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: iSomeone
Wicked spirit forces have manifested themselves to nonbelievers many times. There are many stories of atheists being harassed by them. So to say that they do not is foolhardy, and lack of either knowledge, or is deceiving. It's probably the former.

Care to provide links for such a stories. Should not be hard, as you said - there are many of them.

As for OP - industry is growing and upgrading vertically, nothing new...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, non-human entities, and human spirits have been using electronics as communication devices with us humans, since their inception. Literally.

We developed the camera - we capture ghostly images. We create the radio - messages from the dead come through the radio. We create the recorder - disembodied voices on tape! Run the telephone wires - suddenly people are getting calls from grandpa who just died. We create the television - white noise phenomenon.

It's not a surprise that cell phones and computers are also sources for that mysterious something - communicating with us from unknown origin. They use everything else! Even switching on and off lights, draining batteries - why not our newest inventions to play, and tinker with, and try and figure out? Wouldn't you? Imagine your on the other side of the looking glass and you see your loved one's pain. They are devastated, barely functioning with the passing of your life. Would you try to contact them, if you needed to, to ease their bereavement?

As for demons... well - I prefer to call them non-human entities. I wouldn't want to judge.

ETA - Being an Atheist means you don't believe in a God/s. It has no bearing on a belief in afterlife, UFO's, aliens, ghosts, dimensions, consciousness, spirituality, and so on and so forth. That will vary on experience, even within Atheism. Sheesh.

~ Cirque
edit on 1-8-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

edit on 1-8-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: spelling errors

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join