It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Admits to Hacking Senate Computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

In a sharp and sudden reversal, the CIA is acknowledging it improperly tapped into the computers of Senate staffers who were reviewing the intelligence agency’s Bush-era torture practices.

July 31, 2014 The Central Intelligence Agency improperly and covertly hacked into computers used by Senate staffers to investigate the spy agency's Bush-era interrogation practices, according to an internal investigation.

CIA Director John Brennan has determined that employees "acted in a manner inconsistent with the common understanding" brokered between the CIA and its Senate overseers, according to agency spokesman Dean Boyd.

CIA Admits to Hacking Senate Computers

Are you kidding me? The CIA, at its very core, is not allowed (as in illegal) to spy on US civilians on US soil and here they are spying on those in D.C. who are investigating them...

But don't worry, no one will be arrested, fired, suspended, or written up.

Illegal spying is totally fine but more importantly Gov'ts and it's leaders are not to be held responsible for their own actions.
edit on 31-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah and then to top it all off, they turned right around and
apologized for it.

Oh! Sorry!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Just about everyone apologizes when they get caught. It's typical, lie and deny at first then apologize and cry when caught. If you get away with it then do it again.

Consider American privacy rights completely annihilated.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
No....accountability....ever.

Such a fine system of governance.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well, if we think privacy is annihilated, then it is.

It is clearly against the law... the very basic. plain law of the land.

Maybe even congress will be mad enough to actually do something other than posture.

If not, get active in politics and get someone elected... maybe.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What a complete charade...Checks and Balances....all that happy crap they told you in school about the USGov. Give me a freakin' break.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Anyone else FED up with three letter rogue agencies in this country? Do we even need all this....government? Really? Why?

This is Not who we are. This is not US. Nothing they do that is making headlines anymore seems to serve the people in any way.

I hope the Senate takes them out behind the woodshed and whacks their budget and charter to pieces.

Let them all join the civilian rank and file and learn what it's like to not have enough time or money to keep up with anything in this country anymore.

What an absolute waste these agencies have allowed themselves to become. They are like children with super secret spy rings or the creeper peering in people's windows at night. Gross.

We need a reboot.

Well I feel better.

Oh wait...who did I just reprimand.....

Nothing to see here. Move along citizen.

"This conversation may be recorded...for NO REASON AT ALL OTHER THAN THAT THEY CAN."

JEEZ. FIRE THEM ALL. Services no longer needed and all that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Dear Congress,

We're sorry for our intrusion into your personal computers. Based on our careful examination of the data, we can see why you would be so upset. Please rest assured we will do everything within our power to ensure we are never discovered monitoring your private information again.

Be seeing you,

CIA

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The CIA and the NSA should be put on public trial for their blatant abuse of the constitutional rights of American citizens. They have spied on public and governmental figures in the past and they continue to do it with absolutely no accountability and oversight. It's time they clean house and be scrutinized for the illegal activities that are always kept secret from the public. Shame on them and the people who work for these agencies who have known about the illegal spying and activities that are a direct attack on our civil liberties.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Yeah and then to top it all off, they turned right around and
apologized for it.

Oh! Sorry!

Tears and hugs all around. I adore reconciliations.
Now what's for dinner? Oh yeah Baphomet Burgers,
my favorite. Greek/Babylonian loaded to the gills tacos:
and an extra cauldron o' secret Soviet souvlaki sauce!!

Anybody making a move for the door yet? Is if Friday Yet?
School may soon be out forever Randy.. it's been a cross-
section dude. I don't think we'll have to disband anything
at all with these twits shaking hands in DC after the taint's
on. "Hi I'd like you to meet Mr Blood Squirting Out the Eyes."

[Edited at this point to avoid thread drift--- sorry MODS]

But in the meantime Thanks DC Guys and Gals for everything
including gridlock, poverty and possible pandemic.
When you people kiss and make up, please do it back on recess.
You'll scare the kids otherwise....
edit on 31-7-2014 by derfreebie because: And the splits just keep comin'....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I'm just amazed at the genius of being busted so many times.
That even a timeless old standby response of, "Deny everything "
even to the grave, becomes nonexistent, left for dead whereby
" Oh Sorry!" suddenly becomes just as appropriate. Like the old act
Deny Everything worked in the past, when they were a little more
under the radar. But with things so far out of the bag as they are today?

Now they just apologize and move on!

LMAO, shaken my head, double taken, kick'n rocks and eyes roll'n.

Unbelievable!

edit on Ram80114v182014u25 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

I think Kennedy had it right when he wanted to scatter the CIA to the 7 winds.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm telling you all this right now. If our government, the true government, the people that swore an oath to the Constitution and somewhat meant it still had control, this could not happen and if and when it did, people would go to jail.

The fact that this can happen and the government is powerless to stop it, powerless to even stop it happening to them is a blatant sign of usurpation. Our government has been taken over. There are still some decent people left but they have no power, they are stonewalled, hushed up and brushed aside as the tyranny rolls on.

Illegitimate, tyrannical and rogue. That is your United States federal government.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

And we know where that went. Allan Dulles lives on in the current form of the CIA. It's an entity that no longer responds to or recognizes its own government.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What I like best is that at first skeletons like Sen Feinstein raved about how necessary spying on the people was to security, I'd love to here her takes on things now that its quite likely she was one of the people being monitored.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

And we know where that went. Allan Dulles lives on in the current form of the CIA. It's an entity that no longer responds to or recognizes its own government.

Yes we do...

We should not surrender because the CIA was able to pull of / assist with an assassination of a US President. If anything it should come under the spotlight more closely than what it was.

I take exception to government entities telling the elected officials they dont have to provide them with information / facts / answers. The use of the term National Security should never be allowed to hide information from our government.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

This news hit me this morning as I was looking at the morning news while drinking my coffee

The thing that bothers and angers me the most, is, that for some reason we have gotten in our nation a government that has lost control of his agencies.

I mean, from Starting from the NSA to the CIA and soon even the FBI, this agencies that their higher ups are selected by the President, seem to be working without congress oversight and doing whatever they have out of their arses to do.

When a nation that its congress and president is elected by the people for the people have agencies that are working independent of the people elected officials is a nation that corruption, distrust and oversight has broken apart

If the government that we elected is no controlling its own people then we have a government that is not working anymore

How in the hell we have allowed for this to happen, this government agencies are working on their own personal and privately interest, we are all the enemy of the power that they have acquired over the years of oversight

People doesn't get it, this agencies have not elected members by the people, this agencies are becoming rogue agencies dangerous to the people and our nation, they are now considered a danger to democracy.

Incredible, that the shadow government has become soo powerful because we the people do not care.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

I take exception to government entities telling the elected officials they dont have to provide them with information / facts / answers. The use of the term National Security should never be allowed to hide information from our government.

And that my friend is the perfect example of what I am trying to say, we have agencies that have becoming more powerful than the people that we elect.

We as a nation should be asking why, this rogue agencies are allowed to even exist with so much power over the government that we elect

Is just beyond believe.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What the CIA did is illegal but it isn't illegal.

If Congress does something about the law breaking, then it's illegal. If Congress does what they normally do and whine while ranting a bit to then do nothing?

What is illegal when enforcement doesn't exist? What is law breaking when consequence is removed?

new topics

top topics

join