It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Official Breaks Down Over Shelled Gaza School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Do you honestly think it's that easy for any military to go in and apprehend terrorist militants and target missile launchers without causing collateral damage, given the circumstances?

Like I said previously, the IDF has two choices. Retaliate against terrorist aggression and incur the wrath of the global community, or succumb to the tactics of Hamas, and absorb missiles being fired on Israeli civilians as well as terror tunnels leading into Israel.

Oh, I forgot to mention a third option that would satisfy Hamas' requirements. Israel could also simply cease to exist.

No actually they can go in and get their targets. Every other military does it. Israel should stop acting like cowards and maybe there would be a lot less dead innocent civilians. Your right, collateral damage may happen. 1400 of them? You suck pretty bad if that is the case.

The argument that missile strikes and bombing campaigns are the only way to keep casualties down, really does't have a leg to stand on so anyone that uses it comes off like a gimp retard IMHO.

And YES. Israel no longer existing is a viable option. I would back that and so would most of the world. They have proven they do not deserve the land.

so you would just send your men door to door? lol in an urban environment.

they will go in after the area is bombed up pretty good. makes more sense, ya think?

and how many of the 14-1600 are really confirmed by independents?

ya, israel no longer existing ain't gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buntalanlucu

Welcome to ATS! May your days be full of wisdom and peace.

I'm really sorry. I was ready to go along with you, then you said this:

so many human beings have been murdered and yet nary a newstory come out , just because these humans are not american and european nationality they dont worth the air-time for the western medias..

I know you're new to ATS, but I suspect that there are a dozen threads here, if not more, emphasizing the deaths of people in Gaza. Some of the stories are faked, but it's a little trickier to know how many.

I try to stay away from network news, so I can't say how they're treating it, but I'd wager a nickel that if they're ignoring any deaths, they're the Israeli ones.

But it's likely that you have a wider range of sources than I do, so feel free to teach me. For me, ATS is all about learning.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
I just want to post a few facts in this thread.

1. The U.N discovered rockets on U.N sanctioned land and immediately contacted the local authorities who's jurisdiction it was to handle such weapons.

2. In no way has the U.N ever supported the hiding, smuggling or any other activity concerning contraband such as weaponry, drugs or any other illicit materials. If a member of the U.N was found to be supporting such activities he/she would be convicted.

So, what is so hard to understand about those 2 facts?

Concerning fact 1, what would anyone here in this thread suggest the U.N should do in such a situation? It is a neutral body who's main goal is securing of peace and ensuring the protection of universal human rights so it couldn't exactly phone up Israel an say " Hey guy's those douche bags Hamas have stored a few rockets in our school... Fancy blowing them up?"

No they couldn't do that, they had to follow protocol and reported them to the authorities in charge of the area. For comparison lets say your a European on holiday in Canada. You witnessed an American being murdered by a Canadian, do you high tail it to the states and report the murder or do you contact the local authorities whom have jurisdiction on the land and the legal authority to investigate the murder?

fact 2, where are people getting off that the U.N are supporting HAMAS?

Go read the United Nations mission statement, they cannot support anyone other than humanity. They pick no sides and anyone found picking sides doesn't deserve any association with the U.N. They do not support or help Hamas they do not support or help Israel.

Now I have queries about the U.N, I honestly believe without all the red tape and paperwork associated with getting things 100% correct and neutral they'd achieve so much more... But then they wouldn't be the U.N would they.

fact 1; who are the local authorities? hamas?

fact 2; they should have removed the rockets themselves, to a place where hamas can't get them again.
or just see #1 again.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Dear tsingtaao,

I'd like to run an idea past you, if you don't mind. It just popped into my head while reviewing the thread, so I haven't checked it for holes. Would you undertake that for me?

I've noticed that Hamas will fire a bunch of rockets, Israel responds, Hamas calls Israel unbalanced haters, then runs, hides until it's ready to start firing again.

Is it possible that the pro-Hamas people will fire off a bunch of charges without any regard for the truth, other posters respond pointing out factual and logical errors, the pro-hamas people call the other posters unbalanced haters, then they run away and hide until they can start a new thread (or derail an existing one).

Is this strategy unique to Hamas and it's supporters? Does it also apply to political parties? Is it a wide spread human trait? Maybe you have the answer?

Oh, for anyone else reading and searching for nits, I know "nobody" is pro-Hamas now. People used to be, but it's no longer fashionable now that the word is leaking out that Hamas is a pack of cowardly dogs, eating their own vomit, willing to kill their own people if they don't show sufficient loyalty. They're treacherous piles of goat dung, looking for and stirring up hatred, slugs without honor who don't keep their word.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Dear tsingtaao,

I'd like to run an idea past you, if you don't mind. It just popped into my head while reviewing the thread, so I haven't checked it for holes. Would you undertake that for me?

I've noticed that Hamas will fire a bunch of rockets, Israel responds, Hamas calls Israel unbalanced haters, then runs, hides until it's ready to start firing again.

Is it possible that the pro-Hamas people will fire off a bunch of charges without any regard for the truth, other posters respond pointing out factual and logical errors, the pro-hamas people call the other posters unbalanced haters, then they run away and hide until they can start a new thread (or derail an existing one).

Is this strategy unique to Hamas and it's supporters? Does it also apply to political parties? Is it a wide spread human trait? Maybe you have the answer?

Oh, for anyone else reading and searching for nits, I know "nobody" is pro-Hamas now. People used to be, but it's no longer fashionable now that the word is leaking out that Hamas is a pack of cowardly dogs, eating their own vomit, willing to kill their own people if they don't show sufficient loyalty. They're treacherous piles of goat dung, looking for and stirring up hatred, slugs without honor who don't keep their word.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

Dear MALBOSIA,

Your question wasnt to me but can i still answer?

That's a tough question, I don't know yet. Why don't you write a post attempting to answer the question I asked and we'll see if you can answer it?

YES. Israel should surrender it's campaign to annihilate the Palestinian people and annex their land. That would solve the problem.
They already have, or to be more accurate, they never had such a campaign. They don't want Gaza, they've proved that. If they wanted to annihilate the Palestinian people, the job would have been finished by now.

When can we start?

I know, let's do it right away. I propose a 72 hour cease fire.

With respect,
Charles1952

Then I guess Israel is taking the 'supposed non-player' angle that I read about. I guess this just fell in their lap:

Sure if they wanted to end up a war criminal they would have been done already but in order to make this happen without legal consequence it has to take time with many talking points and political catch phrases that can keep the slaughter in "debate"

You can make illegal activity a debate. look at Snowden. He has information about illegal spying on America but because he took the information to China and Russia it is now a debate. That wasn't a topic change I just want to point out how you can take an obvious illegal activity and polarize it. Which is happening in Palestine.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

they will go in after the area is bombed up pretty good. makes more sense, ya think?

Are missiles being fired door to door looking for rockets? How about use the same intel that told Israel that behind those children where Hamas rockets and send troops to THAT door. Is that what Israel is doing? firing missiles and bombs door to door. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they had SOME kind of intel confirming that those children were hiding rockets.

How many are confirmed? well, if they are tell me 1,400 you can probably bet it is a whole lot more. Western media isn't in the habit of burning Israel in fact they are in the habit of burning anything that makes Israel look bad. Even my beloved CBC went to Israel and let that pig benny puke all over the tax payers microphone.

And you better hope that the US stays on it's feet and helping Israel then. Once the buck stops....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Like the pro-Israel who get all butt-hurt by moral righteousness flying at them constantly that they have to abandon the thread till the righteous leave and then they can come back and add a couple pigeon-holed statements hoping the righteous do not notice.

Here I am!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

a reply to: buntalanlucu

Welcome to ATS! May your days be full of wisdom and peace.

I'm really sorry. I was ready to go along with you, then you said this:

so many human beings have been murdered and yet nary a newstory come out , just because these humans are not american and european nationality they dont worth the air-time for the western medias..

I know you're new to ATS, but I suspect that there are a dozen threads here, if not more, emphasizing the deaths of people in Gaza. Some of the stories are faked, but it's a little trickier to know how many.

I try to stay away from network news, so I can't say how they're treating it, but I'd wager a nickel that if they're ignoring any deaths, they're the Israeli ones.

But it's likely that you have a wider range of sources than I do, so feel free to teach me. For me, ATS is all about learning.

thanks for the welcome..

i am pro israli guy and strongly (and still) believe israel have the right to their homeland (after their expulsion by roman emperor over judea rebellion). dont take my views / opinion as anti israel because i am not, but i see that there's a difference opinion between leaders of a nation and people in that nation. See how many european countries feel bad about the civilian casualties and want israel to stop but their leaders vehemently supported the israeli gov/mil in their gaza incursion.

my view still the same, this endless killing of civilians is not justified at all , considering the original israeli wasnt even kidnapped by hamas (unlike the 2006 conflict where it was clear who kidnapped the soldiers). In 2006 i felt anger at the silence of media when they are accusing israel of overreaction when the hezbollah clearly launched their rockets indiscrimenately to create terror among civilians. and now i feel the same toward the gazan civilians that were caught between hamas and IDF..

no matter who is right or wrong or what side you on , it is never justified to kill enemies knowing that it will cause collateral damage among civilians. this applied to any side in any conflict.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Dear tsingtaao,

With respect,
Charles1952

hi charles,

yes, they will do that, like hamas.

and it's totally unfair that israel is stronger than hamas is.
their rockets don't kill as many as they want, so israel should just try and keep the score even.

and they don't hate israeli's, just the zionists.

charles, one question if you will.

do you think israel should put a roof over that open air prison? would it help?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: tsingtao

Are missiles being fired door to door looking for rockets? How about use the same intel that told Israel that behind those children where Hamas rockets and send troops to THAT door. Is that what Israel is doing? firing missiles and bombs door to door. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they had SOME kind of intel confirming that those children were hiding rockets.

How many are confirmed? well, if they are tell me 1,400 you can probably bet it is a whole lot more. Western media isn't in the habit of burning Israel in fact they are in the habit of burning anything that makes Israel look bad. Even my beloved CBC went to Israel and let that pig benny puke all over the tax payers microphone.

And you better hope that the US stays on it's feet and helping Israel then. Once the buck stops....

hamas has to fire the rockets so israel knows where to bomb, dude.
it's all very technical and mathy.
i wouldn't be surprised if hamas let the kids fire them off.

for the casualties, i doubt he figures are accurate for the pali's.
have you seen the vids they are showing?!
they are so staged and fake.

i've been in movies and commercials for the last 8yrs, my BIL and FIL are in the film/tv industry. i've been on many sets.

and most of those explosions are demolition of buildings and tunnels. not air strikes. that have been shown.

well, actually, we don't know where the buck stops. it should stop at obama but it sort of pulls a vanishing act before it gets near him.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
He can break down again.

Ten dead in strike on school in new Gaza fighting

(Reuters) - An Israeli air strike killed at least 10 people and wounded about 30 others on Sunday in a U.N.-run school in the southern Gaza Strip, a Palestinian official said, as dozens died in Israeli shelling of the enclave and Hamas fired rockets at Israel.

The Israeli military said it was looking into the reported attack, the second to hit a school in less than a week.

edit on 8/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join