It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Quarantine Everyone Without Ebola Immunity, or ....?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
No, no, yes, yes, B, A, B, B. Do I get a mouse treat now for completing the pole on my third try?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
1:B
2:A and B. and if i may add C: quarantine the entire effected area
3:B
4:A
5:C
6:A until it gets out of quarantine and then C

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
do you truly think it poses a major potential health hazard, risk to the general populace of the states? I guess is my question, query, here?

The way this is starting to look, only luck will end this thing soon.

Will it come to the US? Who really knows? But one possible future is so dark and frightening, its understandable people are afraid.

Sofi touches upon this frequently. Let's assume it does pose a threat within Europe and N America. The horrors of our likely response to it will almost match if not exceed the ravages of the disease itself. Our lives could be irrevocably changed in almost every way.

Is that fear mongering or just a sober appreciation for how close to madness we might be?

I for one hope for luck and the opportunity to worry about other things another day.
edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

originally posted by: soficrow

I am reacting to the fear-mongering - no one has immunity to Ebola (except maybe a few Africans) - and the questions I ask lead to unthinkable Draconian conundrums. imho It's meant to be a coyote type of heads up humor. However, seems like no one is reading the questions or if they are, they're not getting it.

So - please - if my humor if so dry as to be impenetrable, please delete the thread. Also, it just might be too badly written to be what I wanted it to be. Was po'd, didn't sit on it.

no. no. no.... wasn't looking to stifle your concerns, darlin.... just that....

how much of an actual threat does this truly pose to the US [not that the US is impenetrable or any such nonsense] when it comes to things like thyis.

however... it's a fairly redily confinable/easily quarantined illness once detected/ located/IDd.

??

do you truly think it poses a major potential health hazard, risk to the general populace of the states? I guess is my question, query, here?

???

My concern is that people are reacting out of uninformed fear - which is more dangerous than the disease itself - the real problems with this epidemic are not the ones people glom on to. That said...

Rabies and the viral hemorrhagic fevers like Ebola are about the scariest diseases known to man - they kill violently, and often quickly - and they're spread in similar ways (saliva, other bodily fluids, rarely airborne, after victim is symptomatic). Rabies is found pretty much throughout the US, as is Hantavirus (another viral hemorrhagic fever). Rabies epidemics are fairly common and extremely frightening in undeveloped nations, but not here, because of our healthcare system.

RE: it's a fairly redily confinable/easily quarantined illness once detected/ located/IDd

Well, this epidemic isn't. The first case appears to be from December; Doctors Without Borders (MSF) was on the scene by February; by the end of March they were begging for help while the WHO and all the medico-pundits were still saying, "Ebola kills too quickly to spread and always burns itself out fast."

By April 2, there were 7 centers in Guinea reporting cases

As reported March 31 (sorry dropped the link):

The distribution of cases in different areas of the West African nation, from villages in the country’s south to the coastal capital of Conakry, makes the outbreak unlike any other, according to Doctors Without Borders.

“We are facing an epidemic of a magnitude never before seen in terms of the distribution of cases,” Mariano Lugli, coordinator of the organization’s project in Conakry, said yesterday in a statement. “This geographical spread is worrisome because it will greatly complicate the tasks of the organizations working to control the epidemic.”

So - this Ebola epidemic was/is not readily confined or easily quarantined - at least 2 nations said victims who didn't seek medical help would be arrested (even though there are NO hospitals around) - and Liberia is using security forces to quarantine certain communities (likely more politically motivated than out of concern for public health).

RE: do you truly think it poses a major potential health hazard, risk to the general populace of the states?

The States has rabies, hantavirus, Mad Cow Disease, a gulf -and seafood- full of corexit, GMOs, 80,000 synthetic chemicals that cause epigenetic disease and the list goes on. Ebola practically pales in comparison.

Personally, I'm far more afraid of the effects of man-made crap than nature's killers - AND - I'd rather take my chances with nature than Big Pharma and Big Agro and all the other Big Polluting contaminating industries.

But is Ebola a problem? Yeah, you bet. Could it get here? Probably - but most likely, it would be less of a problem than rabies. Or hantavirus. Or Mad Cow. For starters. No need to pull out the guns and round up any posses.

Rabies and viral hemorrhagic fevers

ABSTRACT Until the advent of the human immunodeficiency virus pandemic, the viral diseases with the highest case fatality rates and evoking the greatest alarm were rabies and the several agents that cause the viral hemorrhagic fevers. ...The sheer violence of rabies, Lassa fever, Ebola or Congo-Crimean hemorrhagic fever, and yellow fever commands unmatched respect.

edit on 31/7/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Something says Ebola is already here. Might as well enjoy your time while your here.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The Ebola patients will be in high security medical isolation. On the other hand, rabies seems to be fairly rampant in Atlanta these days. And by all accounts, rabies is just a tad worse than Ebola. Watcha doin' about rabies? Seeing as it's a bit worse, actually running free in Atlanta, and overall, rabies is a clear and present danger, not Ebola.

Rabies is a viral disease that causes acute inflammation of the brain in humans and other warm-blooded animals.[1] The time period between contracting the disease and the start of symptoms is usually one to three months; however it can vary from less than one week to more than one year.[1] The time is dependent on the distance the virus must travel to reach the central nervous system.[2] Early symptoms may include fever and tingling at the site of exposure.[1] This is then followed by either violent movements, uncontrolled excitement, and fear of water or an inability to move parts of the body and confusion followed by loss of consciousness.[1] In both cases once symptoms appear it nearly always results in death.[1]

A fox attacked a man and a woman in the neighborhood last week before the man killed it with a rake. The fox tested positive for rabies...

More rabid fox attacks spur fears in Henry County neighborhood

Atlanta: Rabies Detected in POW Bat

edit on 31/7/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
They needed to quarantine from the start - nothing in and nothing out.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

No - they needed actual hospitals to isolate patients, medical staff, water and food for patients (if not saline solution for rehydration).

Isolation works, but quarantine is little more than a political response.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They have a cure in the works that is not a money maker so it might not come out I can guess its something simple. So why the hell would someone support cutting losses INSTEAD "OF DEMANDING THESE DEMONS RUNNING THINGS TURN OVER THE GOODS TO THE PEOPLE AND STEP DOWN SO THE REAL CITIZENS WITH IDEAS FOR EQUALITY AND FREEDOM CAN START TO FORM COUNSELS.

Make eutopia for everyone.

And its spreading in third world conditions. Don't think it would do that here.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think it's smart to keep an eye on what is happening with Ebola. I don't think it's smart to be shipping people into the USA who have it - treat them overseas. We have medical ships that can do the job off shore .. like the Good Ship Hope ... send them off shore Africa.

I'm far more concerned about a mutated strain of the flu, or a militarized strain, getting into the population this winter.

That being said ... I have to wonder if someone is behind this sudden intense interest in Ebola. Are we going to be subjected to months and months of OMG EBOLA information in the news and then suddenly some major vaccination manufacturer has a surprise 'vaccination' available for everyone?? They'll get tons of money from gov't orders for vaccinations and from insurance companies paying for them, and everyone who goes and gets the vaccination will be putting god knows what into their veins.

Anyways, that thought has crossed my mind ....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am certainly not going to start believing in their distractions anymore. They put an intense, never ending, one event after another, circus show to keep us from really looking at what? What are they hiding? A cosmic event? Or just biding time while Fukushima or BP or GMO does its work? Or is it really as simple as trying to keep us from being calm and happy, and starting to connect with Spirit inside and deprogram and envision a good world and come up with better solutions so they don't keep power, the people would become empowered?

But this is just one more show. Albeit innocents may have died, like all their shows, and compassion is important, BUT, I refuse to budge anymore. They keep this performance going at a fast pace and its time to opt out and develop Spirit and Love Tactics, even send some love to them. Must be hard being a demon in training, maybe they need to be saved too eh?

I also think that they have roped many minds into this game their playing with our lives, mainly ours. That we're all co-creating this. I noticed a few seasons ago all the blood especially relating to eyes, and sickness in a popular show, that was spells and angels/demons battling. We're just catching up on episodes and couldn't help but think, they put all this out so we could bring it in?

They code the matrix in media a year or two ahead of the events.

If anything, maybe they're going to force us into vaccinations and microchips.

But I'm not going to let them, keep sending Love and Thoughts of the whole world waking up and handing them flowers of compassion, while rising up and equalizing whole neighborhoods and putting smiles on poor children's faces, doing the right thing and for all lacks in programs, real citizens groups kicking in, I see real people forming alternative medias and never voting any of these guys in again, only their own people and councils. The president should be a council of citizens position, half men and half women, ordinary folk, possibly even jury duty, there shouldn't be one leader at the top. And also, lots of checks and balances.

We have to not be distracted, they are conducting a long term plan but we all need to time to think and go within and find our soul stone and Love.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We are bringing two ebola patients to the US right now.

I guess we will see how easy it is to contain in a hospital setting

Personally I worry about this

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

What say you ATS?

1-A-Invest in medical monitoring biodegradable rfid chips - yes I know...
2-Observe monitoring devices and respond where needed- saves on funds that may be wasted on MASS quarantines and locations
3-Help them for this is a potential global issue. PLEASE everyone be considerate as to what you would want done to you if it reached the local.
4-Monitor and track then respond as less aggressive as possible, unless an attack like mind state is observed
5-Perhaps provide a central medical bio housing unit(s) that can house volunteers until they have crossed the infectious time period then free them...
6-See answer to question 3

Good Luck to us ALL*

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

You DO know Ebola has been in the USA since 1976, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
Un aware of all the details soficrow, but do know its been within many labs here as with others for sometime however. Is this the same strain present in these labs? 1 is not sure. Also technology and transportation were not the same then so 1 can understand why many are alarmed...
Thanks for the information share for the more data the better

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

You DO know Ebola has been in the USA since 1976, right?

In Level 4 containment labs, yes. Not out in the open like this.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

It's not out in the open - it's going from high security transport to high security containment.

Samples are transported by truck, train, plane and FedEx. ...It's all a matter of education, awareness and perspective.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join