It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivia "Crashed UFO" [1979] Prosaic Explanation Found?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: JimOberg

What French "central American testing ground" are you TALKING about?

Kourou, perhaps (not that it's central America)?

One of my family helped build and launch a satellite from there a few years ago...

I suspect he was suggesting Kourou, and was off by a continent. Shocker.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Please......

let's discuss the thread...and not each other.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
roger wilco.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: JimOberg

Hardly one of the greats, but interesting information all the same. Thanks for that.

I have a question however, why would you end your post with the words "when will researchers catch on"?
What message would you be trying to send with that?
Much respect and all that but...what's your motive?

I want to sharpen the filters to raise the quality of what gets into the unexplained hopper.

That is a laudable objective, one with which I wholeheartedly agree. However, is it not rather opportunistic, with the benefit of hindsight to propose that such things should not be investigated basically because they were proved wrong? If they weren't investigated they wouldn't be resolved right? That's where I am coming from, if you understand me.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Jim, please cut the utter rubbish you spout whilst whining about "trying to be objective". If you believe this was something from a Russian craft then have the common decency to post that as the title of the thread, give your sources and let people judge the evidence for themselves. Please keep your utterly childish and snide remarks for your own cosy little website. You have a proven track record for snide and sneaky behaviour and harassing people who speak out by email, Jacobs etc and anyone connected to the Big Sur incident.

If you don't have the courage of your convictions, please cease authoring threads that merely hint at that you wish to convey in case you are proven wrong yet again. For someone with such a large mouth and opinion of them self you really are spineless, snide bully, when push comes to shove.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireMoon
Jim, please cut the utter rubbish you spout whilst whining about "trying to be objective". If you believe this was something from a Russian craft then have the common decency to post that as the title of the thread, give your sources and

So you STILL haven't read the link he posted? Or even the easily digestible edit I posted?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Is Western Union a Russian company? Are Delta rockets Russian? Is Cape Canaveral in Russia? Where did Jim say this was a Russian craft?
edit on 2-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
also, comment on the part of the story where it mentions there was no sign of impact ? Did the balls parachute down or what ? Wouldn't it make some sort of crater ?

Please read my link in the previous post, you will see dozens of examples of how this is exactly what really happens, contrary to your expectations -- which may be more Hollywood than real-world. This happens to all of us, it's why we have to keep realizing how much we think we know really ain't so.

Ok Jim, I admit I haven't gone through all the links...

Let's say you're right, and there is an effect of the slowing of the round objects and they make a smooth landing...but answer me this than...how does that fit in to this...

The two objects were reported to be on fire, made a loud whistling sound and then exploded

these are all indications of an object at great speed being resisted by air....am I mistaken ?

Anyway...I'm more interested about the hovering aircraft in Bolivia in 1979...which would the the true weirdness of this sighting. Naturally...no one cared to explain that one.

I sincerely doubt that Bolivian airforce had Harrier jets in 1979. I doubt they have any today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join