It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flightaware Changed the Flight History Data of MH17.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's because for that big stretch of Europe, they don't have coverage.

Here is the coverage map from Flightaware. As you can see there is coverage almost up to Donetsk.

(post by BurkinaFatso removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Care to respond? According to the coverage map I posted, your comments in this thread are based on a false premise.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ok so now that we have established that Flightaware actually did have coverage in that area, is there anyone that is willing to explain why they changed their initial data, without using the false excuse that they "didn't have coverage there"?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You seem a little...upset.

Can I suggest that you maybe take a break, walk away and maybe have some patience, or understand that members on a message board don't actually have to respond to anyone. We're here for entertainment after all, this isn't life and death.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BurkinaFatso
Ok so now that we have established that Flightaware actually did have coverage in that area, is there anyone that is willing to explain why they changed their initial data, without using the false excuse that they "didn't have coverage there"?

They didn't have coverage. The map you are linking to is the coverage they had after MH17. See following from post number 9 and see the responses. Can you see how that poster and yourself (Are you possibly one and the same?) have confused yourself?

www.metabunk.org...-148471

flightaware.com...

Can you see your error?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BurkinaFatso

That's because for that big stretch of Europe, they don't have coverage.

Here is the coverage map from Flightaware. As you can see there is coverage almost up to Donetsk.

nl.flightaware.com...

Now go to that link and check the feeder sites and actually click on the icons. Note the dates when they were added?

Added: 26-Mar-2015
ADS-B Receiver

Added: 22-Jan-2015
ADS-B Receiver
Kiev

Artem D.
Added: 14-Jan-2015
ADS-B Receiver
Boryspil (near Kiev)

Artem D.
Added: 14-Jan-2015
ADS-B Receiver
Boryspil (near Kiev)

Artem D.
Added: 25-Nov-2014
ADS-B Receiver
Boryspil (near Kiev)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

(Are you possibly one and the same?) have confused yourself?

That is not outside of the realm of possibility. Very perceptive.

Can you see your error?

Yes.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I guess I owe you an apology. I should have done more research and I shouldn't have called you out like that.

I apologize.....to you, and also for pushing "erroneous" information.

But,

FlightAware didn't change anything. They refined using other data. FlightAware, if you look closely doesn't have the ADS-B coverage of Europe as other sites do. That means they use estimated positions for some parts of the flight, based on flight plans.

They later went back and refined the data using multiple sources, and showed the correct information.

What they did is they changed the straight line that they used to draw between the two last known locations of a flight, they now draw a curved line to compensate for the earth being a sphere and the fact that maps give a distorted view of geographical reality.

It is still only a line of the shortest distance between the two points, not straight but "geographically correct".

Because they used to draw a straight line they orignally showed the ten prior MH 17 flights going below the warzone. Apparently they changed all their archived data and made some more changes a week after MH17.

edit on 9-4-2015 by YouAreReadingThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

We're here for entertainment after all, this isn't life and death.

I find that to be a bit degrading towards ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Bumping because of date

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join