It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: kruphix

Perhaps you have nothing to learn from this new US stupidity, but In my case I have learn a lot, taking into consideration that until a few days ago all I knew about ebola was that it was incurable, fatal and only limited to Africa that is as far and away from us here as it can be.

Now is in our backyard, at least mine as I live in GA.

How about that.

How about what?

It's as much in your backyard now as it was in Africa.

And what are you going to do about it exactly besides attempt to spread fear and panic?

Oh fearless wonderboy...I think you should fly to West Africa and volunteer to to help spread the word there is nothing to fear. They need someone like you to tell them they are all just oompa loompa fear mongers.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Stop them from learning all they can about this little old thing called ebola, that is threatening to devastate their whole economy as it spreads from there to other places.

They really need a chipper clown to set them all at ease. I'll chip in for your one way ticket.

Des

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well...this place pretty much runs the gamut...one extreme to the other and just about everything in between. There's plenty of intelligent discussion, but you kind of get out of it what you put into it, as with anything else in life, I suppose.

Oh, and my life is pretty exciting...exciting enough for me, anyway, thanks
I come here to destress and see what TPTB might be up to.

As for hyper overreaction, well, sure. There is some. But that's going to happen. For the most part, my thing is to document the little things as they're happening for later analysis and for predictive purposes. Assemble the pieces of a puzzle. But everyone has a different reason for being here.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Now, as to the topic of this thread. It's to compile as much data on ebola that we can, since this a new situation of introducing 2 human beings with active ebola to a part of the world that has not dealt with this issue before.

We are actually spending our valuable time, trying to educate ourselves.

I'm just curious...to what end?

What exactly do you think you are doing in this thread?

Because all I see is more harm than good...I see misinformation all over the place, I see people trying very hard to find a conspiracy in every aspect of this, and I see many of you doing your best to spread fear.

So to what end do you think you are "educating" yourself?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yeah that's been buggin me too...see above posts. From hero to just he first to get it. Initial stories had there being only one dose and he let her have it and took a transfusion of a recovered person's blood. And that was a convenient story I guess to get a specific reaction, but now that the word is out about the serum/drug/whatever doc said it was, the story's morphed to he gave her the one that thawed first (it was shipped frozen).

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Y'all, don't feed the trolls, just report the posts. Sooner or later they'll get bored and/or banned. Too much intelligent discussion in here to let it get closed down because of trolling.

That is all.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I missed those posts here.

But after reading the CNN story, I felt like I had been transported to an alternate reality.

Four days ago they only had one dose, which is why he took the Ebola patient's blood.

These statements weren't just guessed. They're quotes attributed to Samaritans and the CDC. Now the story changes.

WTF?

edit on 4-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   

Not going to play your robo posting 20 questions you pull in every thread in attempts to derail it. It's just too boring.

We are discussing ebola, and the ramifications of how, and when, and why it spreads. Not here to answer your repetitive questions.

If you don't like our thread...there's the door Bubba....go start your own rant fest somewhere else.

Des

edit on 4-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Fellowship at USAMRIID, huh? Glad to have you aboard the thread, Doc. What are your thoughts regarding the containment procedures we've seen them (the ones they've made public) taking thus far? For example, the shoddy appearance of their containment pod that was supposedly aboard the transport plane? I say supposedly, because to my knowledge there have been no images made public of the pod in situ. Other than their word, we have no idea if it was actually used or not. In my opinion, something plexiglas and stainless steel would have been a better idea than the pvc-and-shower-curtain-liner construction of the containment unit shown. Yes, the soft pod could be incinerated after single use, but a rigid pod would provide better isolation from the outside world.

Additionally, in your opinion was it the best thing to do to have Dr. Brantley walk out of the ambulance under his own power in a deflated suit with no visible air supply? Wouldn't a stretcher (ideally, a containment tent atop a stretcher) been a better idea?

The reason why I ask is that BSL-4 typically relies on multiple layers of protection and based on what has been made public I do not see this at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: Destinyone
It's a spin-o-rama, worse than the Tilt a Whirl of MH370. CNN also said that the doctor's symptoms abated an hour (give or take) after the serum was administered. It was stated that it had never been tested on humans (is this true? And if so, how did the serum affect the lab animals/monkeys? I guess that'll be announced by one of the networks.
But for dire symptoms to vanish in an hour? Wow, that's super fast.

When you take a Tylenol...how fast does your headache go away?

A serum is a direct dose of antibodies...why wouldn't you expect it to work quickly?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Alternate reality! Yes! Me too. I was like there is NO way...I mean they really, really hyped the hero talk. That might have been just some reporter getting the details wrong, though. But somehow I don't think that's all it was. This is like a campaign for a new drug for sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No, you are right. I feel it was a scripted story to tug at the heartstrings of people...every headline I read 2 days ago was calling him a Hero! He almost gave up his own life to save hers. How can people turn the HERO away from flying here to attempt to save his herioc life!

Now, in the new publications, he's quoted as asking for her dose, it was defrosted first, because he said he was dying.

What happened to the story of the magically self duplicating single dose turning into his dose and her dose.

It's all very strange to me. Plus, if he's doing so damn well...where is at least one single picture of him, here in Atlanta with a smile on his face. I've not seen *him* yet. Did I miss that big photo op?

Des

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Which means NOTHING we are being told about this should be trusted.... The transport.... The safety.... etc.

Stunned.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Oh dayum. I missed the part where he asked FOR her dose. Wow. Creative in their storytelling, aren't they?

It's just a means to an end. To manipulate plain and simple. And it's disgustingly transparent too. They take us for fools.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

He told his doctors he thought he was dying, according to a source with firsthand knowledge of the situation.

Knowing his dose was still frozen, Brantly asked if he could have Writebol's now-thawed medication. It was brought to his room and administered through an IV. Within an hour of receiving the medication, Brantly's condition dramatically improved.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Hi navy doc, read the whole thread, you guys are doing a great job very informative, I don't post much anymore, never did, usually just read, anyway I was reading the article you posted from Stanford u, just curious if you check out outbreaks in the list and click on zaire outbreaks it goes on to explain about a medical person who they believe contracted ebola in 1972.

The sympstons were the same and it was eventually discovered that he did test positive for ebola. I do believe he was on cnn tonight with erin whatever her name is. sorry for not posting cnn clip haven't found it yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Speechless.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Me too.

Just sitting here trying to make sense out of this.

These stories were written from statements provided by Samaritans and the CDC.

THINK about that.

ETA:

And people in this thread are criticizing people who are questioning the same two entities for their assurances here?????

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

He told his doctors he thought he was dying, according to a source with firsthand knowledge of the situation.

Knowing his dose was still frozen, Brantly asked if he could have Writebol's now-thawed medication. It was brought to his room and administered through an IV. Within an hour of receiving the medication, Brantly's condition dramatically improved.

Exactly...even other Doctors who research ebola have their misgivings on the story we've been spoon fed...

Cautious Optimism

Other experts who study Ebola urged caution with reports of Dr. Brantly’s dramatic recovery on the drug.

Thomas Geisbert, MD, professor of infectious disease at The University of Texas Galveston Medical Branch, has been studying the Ebola virus since 1988.

He says news accounts that Brantley’s rash disappeared in just an hour after receiving a dose of the drug don’t make sense to him.
www.webmd.com...

Des

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: netwarrior
a reply to: adnanmuf

Reston was not identified as a strain of Ebola until 1989.

CDC REBOV fact sheet

2nd verse, same as the first.

so you mean before it was identified as Ebola it wasn't Ebola?

NO, The Reston incident took place in 1989, not 1910.
you mean there was no Ebola virus in flora before reston incident of 1989?
Then how the reston infected fogot them????!!

First of all "flora" means plants, not animals.
www.merriam-webster.com...

You think plants are carriers of Ebola now? What sort of blood stream do plants have?

The primates in Reston were imported from SE Asia. They had no contact with native US animals (fauna) or plants (flora)--now you know the difference, you fake--and thus there was not contamination of US animals even if we had native primates (which we don't).
CDC found 10% of sample

Samples tested positive in here. They found the virus dormant in many animals. A pig in Philippines infected the farmer. Also the stupid CDC conducted experiment on 60 monkeys here and found all monkeys died minus the monkeys injected with reston.

How did humans got infected in Alice tx and reston via.
A navy doc is an emt usually.

Among the many things you have gotten horribly wrong, you are incorrect in this as well. Physicians in the Navy go to medical school, internship, residency, and fellowship. For example. My Medical school was the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, my internship at NNMC Bethesda Maryland, my residency training is from Walter Reed, Bethesda, Georgetown, Georgetown, and Sibley. Fellowship and WRAMC and NNMC. Rotations at Detroit Receiving, INOVA, USAMRIID, UCLA.

Training in addition in Austin (CCCC) and experience in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Volunteer work in Africa and Latin America.

EMT, my word. You really are an ignoramus, aren't you?
sorry but you started it.
Who knocks the hear the response.

Camel milk contains nanobodies are small antibodies that are multiplayer can engage any pathogen you throw at it. The camel milk nanobodies survive didigestion and enter human blood stream ready to attach attack any pathogen. .camel nanobodies beat all viruses period!

Except that proteins are denatured by the digestion process and so your claim about "camel milk" is patently untrue. Any MD would know that.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi

Hi navy doc, read the whole thread, you guys are doing a great job very informative, I don't post much anymore, never did, usually just read, anyway I was reading the article you posted from Stanford u, just curious if you check out outbreaks in the list and click on zaire outbreaks it goes on to explain about a medical person who they believe contracted ebola in 1972.

The sympstons were the same and it was eventually discovered that he did test positive for ebola. I do believe he was on cnn tonight with erin whatever her name is. sorry for not posting cnn clip haven't found it yet.

Please do.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join