It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I like that the jet transporting them is a flying hazmat unit...

A specially equipped jet reportedly took off from Georgia on Thursday to transport Nancy Writebol and Dr. Kent Brantly to the U.S.
En route the patients will remain inside isolation pods called aeromedical biological containment systems

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... .html#ixzz396acgQZ3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow, I feel really bad for you folks in Kansas if Ebola comes there. The "top expert" there said this to CNN:

Dr. Lee Norman, chief medical officer at The University of Kansas Hospital:

"Ebola cannot be transmitted via coughs or sneezes."

Compare what he said to what the CDC says:

From the "CDC Interim Guidance about Ebola Virus Infection for Airline Flight Crews, Cargo and Cleaning Personnel, and Personnel Interacting with Arriving Passengers":

Transmission to humans may occur through direct contact with blood or body fluids (e.g., saliva, and urine) of an infected person or animal or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or other body fluids of an infected person.

Provide the sick passenger with a surgical mask (if the passenger can tolerate wearing one) to reduce the number of droplets expelled into the air by talking, sneezing, or coughing.

www.cnn.com...

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Thank you for your very informative posts in this thread.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Yikes.

This does make one wonder if the media is downplaying this whole thing in an effort to not panic the population...

They say it can only be transmitted via bodily fluids, yet I keep reading everywhere that just touching a door knob can do the trick. I guess we're about to find out.
not even with touch. Just through air

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone
Georgia Guidestones
Atlanta = 33rd parallel, it's real or coincidence, and we know things are never coincidence especially if this evolves into the surreal situation of a pandemic declaration by the time we wake up on 8/1 or in the coming days, could be nothing but it's something to consider at least.
more precisely 33.65 = 33, 6+5= 11, and tomorrows month date = 8+1 = 9 there you have it (9, 11, 33) - for consolation, we can add 2014= 2+0+1+4 = 7 = (7,9,11,33) one is missing ? can you guess ? 13 at least haven't found it, can someone find 13? it may be in the future as well, 8/13 = 21 = BlackJack!

now here are the numbers I am trying to figure out, there is 41 days in between 8/1 and 9/11 , but if you count the days from when the patient arrived you have 42....

Chaldean Numerology link

Has the same meaning as the number 32, which is one next to it in its own series of "compound" numbers.

Has the same meaning as the number 24.

This number has a magical power like the single 5, or the "command" numbers 14 and 23. It is usually associated with combina­tions of people or nations. It is a fortunate number if the person it represents holds to his own judgment and opinions; if not, his plans are likely to be wrecked by the stubbornness and stupidity of others. It is a favorable number if it appears in connection with future events.

This number is also fortunate; it promises the assistance and association of those of rank and position with one's plans; it also denotes gain through love and the opposite sex; it is a favorable number when it comes out in relation to future events.

edit on 31-7-2014 by phinubian because: 13 love Blackjack

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

They flew them over in isolation as a patient. So no time at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
CDC may have the equipment and the gear. They also have BioHazard Level 4 facilities specifically made to contain such deadly diseases. It appears they lost control of the spread. And any possibility it can reach to become airborne. If so, I would not be surprised.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
a reply to: switchqm8

If this did get out into the general population it would def be the straw to break the camels back. It definatly does fit with all the FEMA camps and coffins they have been buying up on. What better way to get rid of a population hen wit some horrible virus.

Buy stock in Big Pharma and if you survive the Outbreak, you'll be a rich SOB! I can see it now...it gets loose, mass casualties occur, but Big Pharma comes along to the rescue for anyone who can afford it. Wait a minute...we're all supposed to be insured with Obamacare so we're saved. They probably already have the cure in waiting. Okay, okay...this is just my conspiracy theory mind running wild again.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hazmat Jet, oh goodie. Whoever said Ebola coming to the US was just a plane ride away wasn't just whistling Dixie, eh?
(What a prophetic statement now that I think about it. But hopefully ONLY applies to these two infected people.)

And I do want to add that these are brave souls. They were both over there before the outbreak even occurred, and a lesser person would have selfishly got the h*ll outta Dodge asap.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think this is the story I read earlier today. They got sick in Africa so they bring them to your country.

I'm all for helping the sick of course. But why bring the virus here?
All it needs is one sloppy worker not following protocol.

God I sound awful saying that. It's just so risky though.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
We can only hope perfect procedure is being practiced in order to stem this... Which is highly doubtful. But one can only hope.

The disease spreads through body fluid. Just thank God it's not pneumonic. It's not as successful as something like the flu, but we have virtually zero experience handling an E Bola outbreak in the USA.

IMO the media should stop sensationalizing the travel restrictions. This should be an "of course" aspect of this issue...

"This issue," being the worlds worst outbreak of one of its worst diseases. This is E Bola people, it's time to stop harping on the figures and really employ some of this knowledge we've been collecting over the last century, hm?

I know it's rough, and maybe paranoid-- but if the L pulls in and
everybody's sweatin', think twice bro. Be careful out there...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf

originally posted by: Wookiep
Yikes.

This does make one wonder if the media is downplaying this whole thing in an effort to not panic the population...

They say it can only be transmitted via bodily fluids, yet I keep reading everywhere that just touching a door knob can do the trick. I guess we're about to find out.
not even with touch. Just through air

I would think it's no different than aids, if you have a cut on your hand it can get I go the bloodstream.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Talk about contradiction

"We have a highly specialized, isolated unit in the hospital that was set up in collaboration with the CDC to treat patients who are exposed to certain serious infectious diseases. This unit is physically separate from other patient areas and has unique equipment and infrastructure that provide an extraordinarily high level of clinical isolation. In fact, Emory University Hospital is one of just four facilities in the entire country with such a specialized unit." According to the CDC, the chance of the virus traveling undetected to the United States is extremely low. In the rare instance it did, the CDC says the country is well-equipped to manage and treat it so that there would not be an outbreak.

Link

If there's only 4 , it's not that well equipped.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

Can I add that Dr. Kent Brantly is 33 yrs old? Or would you rather I keep that to myself?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Hazmat Jet, oh goodie. Whoever said Ebola coming to the US was just a plane ride away wasn't just whistling Dixie, eh?
(What a prophetic statement now that I think about it. But hopefully ONLY applies to these two infected people.)

And I do want to add that these are brave souls. They were both over there before the outbreak even occurred, and a lesser person would have selfishly got the h*ll outta Dodge asap.

Over the past 2 days there have been conflicting reports as to if the Dr. has already passed away from Ebola. Some say yes, some say no.

What I find interesting is they are bringing both Dr. Brantly and his nurse assistant Nancy Writebol to Atlanta. Every story I can find states that only Nancy Writebol is being admitted to Emory for treatment. That leaves Dr. Brantly going where?

I think his body is possibly going to the CDC for research, and then to his family for burial. I hope I am wrong and he is still alive and gets treatment...but where ???

Des

edit on 31-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

This blog says he's improved slightly.

Link.

But what is also interesting is this other entry from today:

Note from Pat: It appears that most of the news reporting is fairly consistent with what we are hearing through family however Melanie says that it is much worse there that what we are told. The fatalities are also much higher than the numbers being reported as so many are buried out in the bush and never reported.

edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It is airborne already that's why CDC suggest wearing masks.Duh!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: adnanmuf

Good point but it could be if a patient vomited into their mouth I suppose.

I'm gonna google why wear masks now

Couldn't really find out why. I'm assuming it's if they spray some body fluids

edit on 31-7-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

This blog says he's improved slightly.

Link.

But what is also interesting is this other entry from today:

Note from Pat: It appears that most of the news reporting is fairly consistent with what we are hearing through family however Melanie says that it is much worse there that what we are told. The fatalities are also much higher than the numbers being reported as so many are buried out in the bush and never reported.

Thanks Loam. Wow...what a read.

This part matches up with an interview I saw with a reporter in Liberia...he was saying the media is only reporting the actual deaths from hospitals...not the ones in the bush. He said he and his crew went into villages where everyone was dead. Into homes where whole families of 10 or more were all dead, Dead all over the place just laying on the ground. He said there are literally 100's of dead that never make it to a hospital...whole villages wiped out.

From your link of blog of people in Liberia...

Note from Pat: It appears that most of the news reporting is fairly consistent with what we are hearing through family however Melanie says that it is much worse there that what we are told. The fatalities are also much higher than the numbers being reported as so many are buried out in the bush and never reported. phertzler.wordpress.com...

Des...

edit on 31-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Were you referring to this on

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join