It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

and Porkupines dont forget the Quilled ones,,

edit on 7/31/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/31/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/31/2014 by BobAthome because: entertainment.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

LOL that was good one

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Aqualung2012

God, I hate to say this but...

I spent 2 months in an ATL hospital....not Emory...

It was HORRIBLE. And my unit was supposed to be the best in the South for my condition. There were some great people but you can't overcome systemic issues related to the crappy/over stressed state of hospitals and healthcare in rhe U.S.

God help us.

One time I was in a hospital, I'd recently had a surgical procedure and was put on antibiotics to prevent infection. I started having a reaction to the medication, I was having muscle tremors and was shaking really badly. The nurse told me I was just cold and they sent me home like that. I got home and almost died when I started crashing... Had to go right back to the ER by ambulance.
Sorry fellow Americans, but I won't trust the ability of a US hospital to contain something like ebola for a second. We're ****ed.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

If this did get out into the general population it would def be the straw to break the camels back. It definatly does fit with all the FEMA camps and coffins they have been buying up on. What better way to get rid of a population hen wit some horrible virus.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This CNN story about an hour old. Says that 2 Ebola patients are being transported to Emory.

(CNN) -- A U.S.-contracted medical charter flight left Cartersville, Georgia, Thursday to evacuate two American charity workers in Liberia infected with Ebola hemorrhagic fever, a source told CNN.

A CNN crew saw the airplane, a long-range business jet, depart shortly after 5 p.m. ET. The plane matched the description provided by the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

It was not immediately known when the two Americans -- identified as Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol -- would arrive in the United States, or where the plane would land.

At least one of the two will be taken to a hospital at Emory University, near the headquarters of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, hospital officials told CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Brantly and Writebol are described in stable but grave condition, with both reportedly taking a turn for the worse overnight, according to statements released Thursday by the faith-based charity Samaritan's Purse. www.cnn.com...

Both the Dr. and his nurse. That makes more sense.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You guys are all making sense but...I *really* wish you would all stop wisecracking and making fun. It's just not a good karma thing to do.
I have the feeling that the world needs all the good karma it can get right about now and I'd hate irony to take a big bite out of anyone's rear end.

Get back to me when Ebola patients starts turning up in your cities.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Im locking my doors and loading my guns

OBSERVATION: You're acting like a ... President.

( and ... "what difference does it make, at this point?" )

edit on 31-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
How long till it spreads to your location Des? We know how good hospitals have been at keeping stuff from spreading lately. If you want an illness, just schedule a test at your hospital, they will provide you with all sorts of good antibiotic resistant types. Now they are saying all sorts of diseases can be spread through your hairdresser. I suppose that is true, just because we don't think of it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

My brother caught MRSA from laying on the table while undergoing a CTscan.

Aside from this, how did the one doctor, who was layered in protective clothing and a P100 mask, manage to catch this?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Dammit Farley...you are sitting on the West Tx border. I'm more worried about you and Ebola and Chickenpox. Tonight on Greta/Fox she had border agents on who've come down with chickenpox, and their kids too, who've been going to school.

Scary times for us all...

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All I can find of the updated new specially this CNN source so far says one of the two will go to Emory. Anyone find where the other will be arriving at? Be safe all because this doesn't sound good. With the way things are in Liberia it doesn't look like the blamed source of the outbreak, which is said bush meat, is going to stop being eaten any time soon as the people feel the government is not being honest to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think it would be a little early to start panicking.

But that's just my opinion. . . .

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

All I have read today is that the Dr's wife and kids who arrived here, are staying with friends in Abilene Tx.

Liberia's health ministry is investigating how Brantly contracted the virus.

"We're trying to figure out what went wrong because he was always very careful," said Tolbert Nyenswah, an assistant health minister in Monrovia.

Amber Brantly and the children departed for a wedding in the U.S. just days before Brantly fell ill and quarantined himself.

They are currently staying with family in Abilene and, while not subject to quarantine, are monitoring their temperatures for an early sign of viral infection, a City of Abilene spokeswoman said.abcnews.go.com...

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I just saw that piece on Greta's.

Ebola? ... Not worried ( not yet anyways ).
( Abilene, Texas is 4+ hours from our remote, remote-area )
( Artesia, New Mexico is 3+ hours away )

The FED's Public Health Threat ...
( map is outdated ... you'll need to click the link )

edit on 31-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Good one Beez...will save it for possible future use.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
How about this little hypothetical, "what if" this is staged? I'm not meaning the real outbreak that is bad by it self. The way its being reported in the media is almost like the end of humanity. If the government sponcerd media in the US ramps up fear to a certain point will the government enforce a quarantine on the populace. Say restricted travel or house arrest or quarantine centers/camps? I know I know its a homemade conspiracy, but I don't trust the ones in charge no matter which side they lean.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

well as far as any type of recent history shows tha the Spanish flu of 100 yrs ago,,might be a guide.

Most Deadly Plague: Spanish Flu 1918/19 Dead 100 MILLION

edit on 7/31/2014 by BobAthome because: yup

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I really don't know. The one person who's died of Ebola in Nigeria, was a man who flew on 3 interconnecting flights to get to Nigeria. Before his flights, he spent time caring for his sister, who died of Ebola. What I read, Nigerian officials claimed the dead man said he had not been near an area with Ebola, nor been in contact with anyone infected. The man lied.

The officials said they could be looking at possibly 30.000 people who may have come in contact with both the man on all 3 flights including the people they had come in contact with, for testing. It sounds like a nightmare with no end in sight.

In Liberia, they've brought in the military to block off all but one entry and one exit. All schools are closed and all government employees are on 30 day leave.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

In Liberia, they've brought in the military to block off all but one entry and one exit. All schools are closed and all government employees are on 30 day leave.

That was my point. What if it never gets here but only the few the WHO have flown in to the US. So if the fearmongering from the media keeps ramping people up then they will welcome the situation as you described whether real or made up.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The feds are worried over whether a person has a bomb in his shoe or toothpaste tube but the border is wide open and health issues of people coming here take a back seat. Logic, what is that?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
More than one thread about this, I reckon.

Too close to home for my comfort. Way too close. This is beginning to worry me...a lot. All it takes is one accident.

It also might not be coincidental that the CDC is here too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join