It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

In order to work worth a patient who has Ebola the staff who have direct contact with the patient as in hands on,
must wear a positive pressure hazmat suit...These are the suits that pump oxygen into you so you are not breathing the air.

Like those Hazmat suits protected them and now they have Ebola.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozwest
a reply to: 00nunya00

I went to Siem Reap in Cambodia looking for product last month. One of the poorest countries in the world, but their standard of civility and graciousness is far beyond what you and I practice. Like I said. Leave America and travel. If more of you did that you would understand others rather than be afraid.

My God. "Civility and graciousness" has nothing to do with sanitation. Quit with the straw men, this is not about how nice people in the rest of the world are. This is about the level of sanitation people take when dealing with the possibility of infectious diseases.

Insulting people and implying they're xenophobic or know nothing about the rest of the world only reflects your ignorance of the dangers of disease. "Nice" people get sick too. SMH.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

doesnt seem to have been a tent at all. Smoke.

cause it was in the airplane,,,

wow.

Smoke,,yup.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Vigilance? People in poorer countries do the best they can. I know this. Don't sit on your high horse and put others on your imaginary middle class bar. America is a slum compared to other countries. Go see.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: TotalProtonicReversal

well actually he was, given anti bodies from a previous person who had recovered,,but u know the media,,focus on

"Gloom and Doom,, forget the ray of hope,
,sunshine.
cause the smell/illusion of death sells.baby."

Wall street Devil Guy.

A procedure that as far as I know has never been attempted with a hemmhoragic fever like ebola, given there is so little real expertise on it. I would think doctors would be taking precautions, in case he has a sudden spell of weakness. I mean he may be getting better, but even recovering from the flu can make you woozy. You don't want someone in a containment suit to fall on the tarmac and rip it open, y'know?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

wow.

Smoke,,yup.

So they took him out of a biohazard containment tent after he got out of the airplane, and had him get into a HazMat suit, with no level-4 facility to do it in? Greeeeaaat.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

One thought is that bats transmit filovirus' ....There needs to be more research

though. onlinelibrary.wiley.com...-bib-0030

Pax

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozwest

Vigilance? People in poorer countries do the best they can. I know this. Don't sit on your high horse and put others on your imaginary middle class bar. America is a slum compared to other countries. Go see.

Again, you totally miss the point. Poor people in other countries are saints, awesome, fine, but that doesn't mean they don't spread disease. In fact, Africans are some of the most kind, generous and compassionate people in the world. And where does ebola live? Exactly.

Your arguments are getting more and more desperate, ad hominem and off-topic. Again, kindness does not equal sanitation. If it did, Africa would be the most sanitary place in the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Is this the same plane? In each video? The one they show looks a lot bigger to me. Could that tent even fit in the plane that landed? It looks small and must be pretty small if they could only take one patient.

Can anyone tell?

Why tent the plane then let him get in an ambulance and walk out in just a suit?
edit on 8/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

One thought is that bats transmit filovirus' ....There needs to be more research

though. onlinelibrary.wiley.com...-bib-0030

Pax

They absolutely do, see the Marburg virus. Very similar to ebola, and known to be carried by bats.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

You do some research, and please stop insulting people with backhanded remarks.

The photos that have been shown, on location and text from the articles about this doctor and this aid worker that are coming to Atlanta show and state they wore hazmat suits when they treated patients. They both have stated they had used standard contact precautions, and above and beyond.

No, no bodies were left laying in the streets for days oozing blood and fluids. One photo shows six or seven men in hazmat suits carrying a dead woman to her burial post mortem.

Above and beyond standard contact procedures.

Another photo shows a man undressing from a hazmat suit while being chemically hosed down.

Now, somehow, both this doctor and the aid worker that will arrive in Atlanta next week contracted Ebola.

Only one of two answers is possible.

1. They fail at standard contact precautions

Or

2. There is a mode of transmission that the CDC has failed to discover, or reveal

Now, instead of jumping into a thread and attacking people, which had already been addressed by a mod, can you just address the topic and not the posters?

These personal attacks are getting out of hand.

edit on 2-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Nowhere have i ever said there is NO risk to catching Ebola or becoming infected! That is crazy!! I said these 2 people at Emory are not going to be exposed to the general hosp. staff!!

Yes, it is very alarming to think that people have been infected and have not yet displayed symptoms.....and are traveling through all airports....

Symptoms of Ebola are very specific...High Fever and bloody diarrhea and vomiting blood! so when one starts bleeding out of their eyes and ass I do not think they are going to go to the urgent care!!

Medical Staff all over the United States are being advised and alerted about people exhibiting symptoms of Ebola..

Pax

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It is thought to be transmitted through FRUIT Bats. We have heaps in Australia, I don't think you have any in the States. The disease is spread to humans largely through wildlife. Guess you will have to keep an eye on 'Rocky' the Racoon, and we'll keep a close watch on 'Skippy' in OZ.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Actually, he is in stage one of the disease, and able to walk, though he is weak. He is able to still feed, dress, and care for himself. I think this is why he gave the single vial of serum to the other patient, the lady that will be arriving Monday. She is much further along, although still in stage one as of the last report, she is much more ill. Last reports had her gravely ill, then she improved somewhat to serious.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Have you completely missed the point that in the first days, it looks exactly like the standard flu? You don't bleed from anything until you are in the late stages. That's how many people in Africa get it; they think they're just caring for a flu patient. And then the patient starts bleeding a week later.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

originally posted by: Libertygal
No, no bodies were left laying in the streets for days oozing blood and fluids. One photo shows six or seven men in hazmat suits carrying a dead woman to her burial post mortem.

I need to correct this.

Health Ministry Failing to Pick up Dead Bodies

As the deadly Ebola virus continues to spread, Liberians are panicking as dead bodies of people who have died from unknown causes continue to dawdle around the city of Monrovia and its environs without the Ministry of Health collecting them. The situation is creating Health hazard as communities worry that Liberia’s Health ministry is incapacitated to cater to the Ebola crisis.

Following the government of Liberia’s declaration of a national health emergency in the face of the deadly Ebola outbreak that has killed close to 130 Liberians and an entire government ministry at risk because of an employee that died of the deadly disease in Nigeria, there have been reports of dead bodies lying around with no effort by the ministry of health to remove them.

Can be found in this thread for other examples on the situation there.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal

Actually, he is in stage one of the disease, and able to walk, though he is weak. He is able to still feed, dress, and care for himself. I think this is why he gave the single vial of serum to the other patient, the lady that will be arriving Monday. She is much further along, although still in stage one as of the last report, she is much more ill. Last reports had her gravely ill, then she improved somewhat to serious.

Actually, that's incorrect----he started having symptoms back as far as July 25th. That puts him in the later stages, where you either die or recover. Hopefully the blood transfusion from the recovered patient was what saved him, because that means there *is* a treatment for it.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

wow.

Smoke,,yup.

So they took him out of a biohazard containment tent after he got out of the airplane, and had him get into a HazMat suit, with no level-4 facility to do it in? Greeeeaaat.

orrrrrr

he walked into the TENT WITH his HazMat suit, already on,,,u know as a double triple double,,,lair.like an onion.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

...so when one starts bleeding out of their eyes and ass I do not think they are going to go to the urgent care!!

Of course, many will seek to hide their illness.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

At what point did I insult anyone?? please be specific!! Maybe you should go back and take a look at what i have said throughout this entire and then perhaps you can change towards me..I really don't appreciate nor understand where i specifically attacked anyone. At no time did i say contact precautions HAD NOT FAILED! in Africa

So before you blatantly accuse me of insulting people and "jumping in on this thread" you need to point out my offensive remarks.

Thanks,
Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join