It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Is this virus airborne now. If it is then, it sure can make hell of a mess worldwide like a satan bug type depopulation of the planet.

Satan is already unleased, just a matter of time now.
Yea like the Georgia stone monument on depopulation. Scary

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
One of these governments is going to screw us all up. It's insanity that we allow anybody to have or create this crap.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf
I have the MD degree since 1985 plus degrees in public health. Not all causative factors had been accounted for anything in this world.the guy who make such a claim is a crazy person.

##snipped##

Anyways!!! Back to the subject at hand, we are only mere hours away from the first patient (Ms. Writebol, I believe?) arriving here on our continent - I say continent because I'm from Canada and pathogens don't really care about invisible border lines so much as real continental dividers like oceans... I have to say that I'm terrified. I saw on someone's blog a couple of weeks ago (don't have the link, sorry, will try to find it when I'm more awake during the day) that there were several semi-trucks carrying quite a few white UN Hummers along the highway somewhere in Virginia... While it was a little bit bothersome for making me think of the power they have and what these vehicles could be used for at some point, I didn't think much of it. Now, however, it has definitely moved to the forefront of my mind and I'm wondering if these things could be related and if they have been planning for a pandemic that 'they' caused, starting it in Africa and making it look just like a series of unfortunate events that it ended up over here in North America..? I normally wouldn't get too worried over something like this outbreak, but something in my tummy just feels like something is very, very, very wrong and that something very, very, very bad is about to go down. Scary stuff...

edit on Sat Aug 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material directed at a member was removed

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Firstly, the people infected should have not been brought to the United States or Europe. Now you have to pay the consequence. If they were missionaries, they would have never agreed to bring this disease over. Now, the doctor that did come back, is under house arrest. Like, that will stop the spread. Gimmie a break, that is asking for an outbreak.

Glad we have a bunch morons running the country. lol He may not show symptoms now, but it only takes a month. And whoever he inacts within that month, and they interact within the time of patient zero. There is your outbreak that could have been prevented.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

What are you talking about? The doctor who is or soon will be in a locked down secure isolation building is almost dead!!! He had nothing to do with wanting to return to the United States...he is to be busy bleeding out of every oriface!! Ebola is not airborne! It is spread through blood and body fluids! Not sneeze droplets or coughing! it has no known respiratory symptoms.. Incubation is around 21 days! You know it is Ebola when you start having massive bloody diarrhea, vomiting blood, high fever, eyes bleeding ears bleeding etc.!! There is no need to second guess what it is you have it comes on rapid and in minutes you are in critical condition!!

if we do not get this under control now this has the potential to change civilization as we know it! Now is the time to act to save our own ass! The director is not going to come out and say we brought the patient here to try experimental drugs or try and find cure!! Can you imagine the fallout from our selfish society! Widespread panic!! and PANIC is what leads to mistakes!! That doctor more than likely agreed to donate his body to science to help save as many as he can! He knows the chances of surviving are close to null, now! It is a huge a sacrifice for him to make!

The director of the CDC is not stupid and for Gupta to push him like he did served no purpose!! I think most in the thread would be happier to hear yes your life is about to change forever and take all the precaution possible we are headed for a PANDEMIC like never seen before!! Really, we need to all get a grip! Does it make me happy that it is in Atlanta about an hour and a half from most of my friends and my family Hell No! But i can see the necessity in the research needed!!

try and calm down! Whomever leaked this to the media made a huge mistake! How many of you would rather no know!

Pax

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Is this virus airborne now. If it is then, it sure can make hell of a mess worldwide like a satan bug type depopulation of the planet.

Satan is already unleased, just a matter of time now.
Yea like the Georgia stone monument on depopulation. Scary

This is NOT a depopulation plan! In order to depopulate you must know who, how, how many, and where!! This is not possible with a level 4 virus!! There is no controlling a virus like this as in to target certain people!! For starters it kills much too quickly and the host will be dead long before you infect the many you need to the host to spread the virus! Secondly if anyone release this as a means of controlled depop. how do they protect themselves from getting it!

It makes no sense!!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ebola ABSOLUTELY CAN be spread through the air...its just not an airborne virus in the traditional sense wherein a bug has more "HANG-TIME" in a lighter mist. Ebola need a bit larger droplet to survive through the air and from host to host. If someone is infected and they sneeze or cough your way those droplets are deadly no matter what BS the WHO and the CDC want to spin. I would keep an eye on LAGOS for the next 30 days for new cases...Not quarantining ANY of the passengers on that flight where the infected man that later died was spraying "explosive diarrhea" throughout the whole flight may prove to be a GRAVE error.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just a thought while reading, what if a person or group of people get themselves intentionally infected by going to Africa. Then somehow get on a plane to the USA maybe with some help by a terrorist group and spread the cities with the virus.

Suicide Bio-Terrorism....

Now I'm scared, I'm going to bed.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone
seems like the smart thing would have been to build the CDC on an island somewhere, not in a major city. I'm sure every precaution is being taken, but it still freaks me out since I'm only 3 hours away for Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

I had this thought too, but didn't want to put it in print.

But now that you mention it:

Al Qaeda's Growing Sanctuary

With the end of the brutal conflicts in Liberia and Sierra Leone, West Africa is seldom in the news or on the policy agenda these days. Yet the region is quietly gaining recognition as what it has long been: a haven for al Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

So they must be there.

edit on 2-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
No I really am.
As for the second part of your question about drills every where and the talk about detaining respiratory symptoms. Maybe there is another outbreak about to happen in Saudi theMers cousin of. Sars a respiratory epidemic. Maybe they have advance warning. About things before they happen. When benchmarks are reached ..you don't have to worry about un because us pays 80% of un budget.and there cars are. Actually ours.
may be its absolutely necessary to study the patients close because benchemarks are breached and enlarge is coming anyway. I just don't know. But what I know for sure that patients should be quarantined Winthrop lace of the infected. Right? It's no brainer.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
No. It doesn't matter how good the containment and care is when they get there. The problem lies in risks of transport. Where there are humans there are errors, even in the hospital when they get here. They will be taking basically a lot of the very same precautions these infected medical workers took when they got contracted the disease, different "conditions" or not.

They are saying this is a different, perhaps even weaponized strain of ebola than has been seen in the past. So why bring it here? Particularly when the care they receive here will really be NO different.

This flies against all containment logic, among which are shelter in place and travel restrictions. The risk far outweighs any conceivable benefit.

Ebola Moving Faster Than Efforts To Control It, WHO Chief Says

With our help.

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?
Much more at link...

What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

Yep. 2004

And, once again, no one is taking responsibility for the decision to transport this virus into the country. The gist of the answer seems to be, "they wanted to come home." Just a lot of bureaucratic leading you to another source for the reason.

Citizens From West Africa
Medical Evacuations of Two U.S. Citizens From West Africa

Press Statement
Marie Harf
Deputy Department Spokesperson, Office of the Spokesperson
Washington, DC
August 1, 2014

The State Department, together with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is facilitating a medical evacuation for two U.S. citizens who have been infected by Ebola in West Africa. The safety and security of U.S. citizens is our paramount concern. Every precaution is being taken to move the patients safely and securely, to provide critical care en route on a non-commercial aircraft, and to maintain strict isolation upon arrival in the United States.

These evacuations will take place over the coming days. CDC protocols and equipment are used for these kinds of medical evacuations so that they are carried out safely, thereby protecting the patient and the American public, as has been done with similar medical evacuations in the past.

Upon arriving in the United States, the patients will be taken to medical facilities with appropriate isolation and treatment capabilities.

Because of privacy considerations, we will not be able to confirm the names or other specific details of these particular cases.

For matters relating to public health precautions in the United States, we would refer to the CDC, which has the overall lead role on those issues within the U.S. Government.Department of State Memo

The DoS seems to be tossing it over to the CDC, but can anyone find a CDC statement on the issue of transporting infected patients to Altanta? I can't seem to track one down (not even here or here or in any news)? Please post if you do. All I can find is a very pretty "former" CDC dude making people feel all cozy (this dude).

Here is what the CDC did say:

“There is the potential that the actual movement of the patient could do more harm than the benefit from more advanced supportive care outside of the country,” CDC director Thomas Frieden said during a press call. [Source]

Amid the largest Ebola outbreak on record, airports worldwide are on high alert for ill-appearing passengers arriving from west African nations. Thermal scanners are being used to detect feverish people within moving crowds. So it’s understandable that many Americans were surprised at Thursday’s announcement that at least one Ebola patient will be brought from Liberia to a hospital in Atlanta. (It is Emory University Hospital, where I hold an affiliation with the medical school.) More surprising is that the unnamed officials who made this decision did so outside of public scrutiny. Who Invited Ebola to Atlanta?

So, yes. Good question. And yes, against the core containment principle that medical authorities and now militaries are enforcing on west African citizens: quarantine.

And who will be accountable if this goes sideways?

And again, let's tell anyone with potentially bad intentions exactly where and when they'll be landing and how they will be transported.

Isakov said he would be alerted when the plane is about two or three hours from Atlanta. He will meet the aircraft in a specially outfitted ambulance staffed by two paramedics and a supervisor. The vehicle looks like a regular ambulance on the outside, but inside it has a tent-like enclosure that ensures the medical staff will be protected from the virus. [Source]

But hey, the NIH is starting that trial. But hey, there's been a potential cure for 20 years and no one to test it on.

So, again...all very illogical and very suspicious.

edit on 8/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Were is William Bramley when you need him?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They are playing with words. What used to be called airborne is now agreed to be called transmitted by hands and. Nose.the most deadly viruses like Spanish flu are like. They are decieving. People. In the media. Ebola is still the fastest epidemic known to man plus it's deadliest. Double whammy ..we'll soon find out how fast it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: adnanmuf

This explains how fast it could be ... a litte: Link

Uncontained, of course. Though, so far indications are that containment is not working. Let's hope that can be turned around.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So I read the news last night about two infected American doctors coming to the U.S I had some mild concerns and went to sleep. I just woke up from a nightmare. I was at work. I work for a large Nationals trucking and transportation company. There was an extreme outbreak in the United States and everything was on lock down. All of our existing over the road interstate drivers had to be quarantined and cleared and of course any new recruits too. Logistically it was a nightmare.

This dream prompted me to think a little bit more about this situation. I'm sorry if someone already brought up these issues. I have to catch up. So two American Doctors are infected and coming to the United States for medical care, well okie dokie. Kind of didn't understand why we are intentionally importing infected people to a population where the infection is not knowingly present. Several news articles seem to be calming everyone's fears and it's really not a threat to United States because we have sanitation we our containing the virus totally and sending them to the hospitals who are highly trained to handle these emergency situations. oh we'll that's a relief!

President Obama said in his press conference on Aug 1st "Keep in mind that Ebola is not something that is easily transmitted. That’s why, generally, outbreaks dissipate" Oh thank heavens! Thank You, Obama!

According to cdc.gov: "When an infection does occur in humans, there are several ways in which the virus can be transmitted to others. These include:
direct contact with the blood or secretions of an infected person
exposure to objects (such as needles) that have been contaminated with infected secretions"

Also recommend health care workers to wear full personal protection equipment. Usually it's implied with transmission with bodily secretions is through breaks in the skin, through the mouth etc. Kinda like AIDS which also curiously originated out of the blue from monkeys what an odd coincidence.

Then you read from sources that over 100 medical workers involved in relief efforts have contracted Ebola... Wow that's a lot of possible effing breaks in the skin and what not And the American doctor followed protocol, wore full on protective equipment like a radiation suit and he still contracted it? And we're absolutely sure that the caregivers on the plane, and the pilot, and the doctors in the United States hospitals won't contract it? Okay

Oh and then you see this little gem dated august 1st on CDC.gov: "
www.cdc.gov..."

For U.S hospitals? That's just a PRECAUTION. Right it's not like the government is prepping for anything serious.

"Standard, contact, and droplet precautions are recommended for management of hospitalized patients"

DROPLET?! standard precautions again right? It's not transmissible actually by droplets into the air by an infected person. Obama assured us it wasn't easily transmissible! he wouldn't lie to us?!

You be the judge, but it sounds like some disinfo May or may not be going on, let's not freak out the masses here! Everything is fine lol.

But this probably my hypochondriac talking here.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
So please tell me someone, if they can't figure out how the well protected doctor caught Ebola in Africa how will they be able to contain and prevent it here in America any better? Believe it or not America's are just regular people with no super powers!

Liberia's health ministry is investigating how Brantly contracted the virus.
"We're trying to figure out what went wrong because he was always very careful," said Tolbert Nyenswah, an assistant health minister in Monrovia.

Using Des' Source

He's under house arrest according to reports. Lol, like that is contained. That makes the Ebola problem worse. He is patient zero now, and anybody who comes into contact with him, is likely to be infected. Bunch of idiots if you ask me.

I think you are confusing Dr. Brantly with another doctor that came back to the US but has voluntarily quarantined himself for a month. That doctor has not shown any signs of contracting Ebola. Dr Brantly, who is known to have Ebola, is being taken to Emory.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I applaud your gallant effort to bring reason and logic to this issue, but it's quite clear that those who think bringing Ebola patients into America will not see there is any other more reasonable and just as effective means to treat them without the possibility of exposing the American population to this dreadful disease!

Keep slugging away, I just wanted to say,

Thank you to you and others on the logical side of things.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Glad we have a bunch morons running the country. lol He may not show symptoms now, but it only takes a month. And whoever he inacts within that month, and they interact within the time of patient zero. There is your outbreak that could have been prevented.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Why does this constantly get repeated? The disease is not transferrable in the incubation period, so there aren't people going round spreading this thing for 21 days totally unaware.

When symptoms start to show then the person is contagious but is pretty likely to seek medical help pretty quickly.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Please mate, don't give bad people ideas.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
So please tell me someone, if they can't figure out how the well protected doctor caught Ebola in Africa how will they be able to contain and prevent it here in America any better? Believe it or not America's are just regular people with no super powers!

Liberia's health ministry is investigating how Brantly contracted the virus.
"We're trying to figure out what went wrong because he was always very careful," said Tolbert Nyenswah, an assistant health minister in Monrovia.

Using Des' Source

The health care people and doctors are likely to contract it because their difficult working conditions lead to little slip ups in procedure.

Doctor Hannah Spencer revealed how she wills herself to feel safe inside a boiling hot air-sealed Hazmat suit - her only barrier between her and catching an invisible killer that kills 90 per cent of those who are infected.

Dr Spencer, who is British, volunteered for medical charity Doctors Without Borders in Guinea and Liberia - the crucible of the current outbreak which has killed more than 600 and infected around 1,200.
To minimise the risk of infection they have to wear thick rubber boots that come up to their knees, an impermeable body suit, gloves, a face mask, a hood and goggles to ensure no air at all can touch their skin.

Dr Spencer, 27, and her colleagues lose up to five litres of sweat during a shift treating victims and have to spend two hours rehydrating afterwards.

They are only allowed to work for between four and six weeks in the field because the conditions are so gruelling.
'Because we’re wearing personal protective equipment, it limits the amount of time that we spend inside the isolation unit.

'We would like to keep a visit between 45 minutes and one hour, but now, we're stretching it to almost two hours. We put ourselves through a very strong physiological stress when we’re using personal protection gear.

'We sweat, we're losing water; we're getting hotter and it wreaks havoc on the body. Our own endurance starts to wear down.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... crucible-biggest-Ebola-outbreak-history.html#ixzz39EoYENhF

So these doctors are working in a hot country, in even hotter suits, for longer than they should because their are too many patients. They are under huge psychological and physical stress in make-shift hospitals .

They are only human and tiny mistakes will be made. On the other hand specialist hospitals should have better conditions and more staff so these types of stress should not be a factor.
edit on 2-8-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join