It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpintology

A person does not become contagious until they are symptomatic. If this disease were airborne we would definitely see more than 1,000 cases. On top of that studies are being done on this outbreak. It is the same sub-clade as other outbreaks we have seen in the past. There is no reason to believe this disease is airborne.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: soficrow

originally posted by: soficrow
The President just addressed the fears expressed here by expanding the list of diseases that qualify for quarantine. Not exactly what you wanted I know, but that's how politics works. So congratulations. ...The fear about Ebola allowed the play, but there are other actual outbreaks in the US that now qualify for quarantine because of it. More important, peoples' attitudes have changed - it's now abundantly clear that many, many people support choosing the illusion of safety over freedoms.

Can't argue you're wrong, but wish you were.

The new definition certainly goes much further than just Ebola.

I can see why you changed your profile pic.

Wish I was wrong too. We are losing our liberties and personal freedoms - and West Africa is losing everything along with their Billion$ and Billion$ worth of iron ore, bauxite, diamonds, gold and uranium. Oh well.

It's hard to find a balance between generating interest so people inform themselves further and act - and generating mindless fear. The process has to involve pushing people through the stages - denial, apathy, anger, action. And gawdforbid they lunge out on the wrong track. No stopping THAT train.

....As it happens, the biggest problem facing every nation in the world today is the cost of maintaining their populations of sick, debilitated and disabled people. Not just the elderly either. But now... This all really was tweaked to become a huge wedge for euthanasia.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I don't see anyone on here frenzied. I don't know about around the nation. I think there are many people waiting to see that these two people get help and there are never 3rd or 4th cases here. No cases in the wild. If that happens then everything changes.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There is nothing anybody can do to prevent them from coming or from the coming epidemic or any preventive measures in your home or quarantine. Nothing.
Just enjoy lifeuntil the grim reaper come knocking on your door. There is only one way if they don't come. Did they come already?
edit on 1-8-2014 by adnanmuf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Oh this is bad...very bad. We might as well have an armed, rusted nuke being used as a football. This is something that should have been removed from our country the very minute they knew of it. If this gets out, it would only take days to get to 1/3 of the country and there is no cure. Not to mention, they are activating FEMA camps everywhere and Obama has just signed an executive order to have anyone detained that has a respiratory illness or anything even questionable. We've been seeing those mass grave coffins piled up for sometime now, and it has been suspect that there would be some type of virus unleashed on the public to cause panic, give them a reason to activate the camps and the police state....and for population control. This may not have been an accident.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I have treated you politely and with respect. Even though I have a completely different perspective on this issue, I do not deserve to be spoken to the way you speak to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: Destinyone

I have treated you politely and with respect. Even though I have a completely different perspective on this issue, I do not deserve to be spoken to the way you speak to me.

So you can tell me "You don't know what you are talking about." but you get upset with Des for not liking your approach to this problem. WOW. Don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I apologize if you think I've treated you harshly. But, I can't go along with your take on how things need to get fixed on international and internal levels before I can be concerned for the immediate safety of friends and neighbors.

I wonder if you would have a slightly different take on this situation if you lived only 2 hours from Atlanta, as I and many in this thread do.

You are insistent that your way is the only way to have an attitude about this issue. I differ in my opinion.

I prefer to see it as an issue at hand. Not one that needs the whole world to change before anything can be done.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Cynic

Unfortunately...ebola infected person sneezes or coughs on your flip down tray on an airline flight...the body fluids dispersed on that surface are still infectious to the next person to come in contact with it.

Des

And sweat!!!

People can be exposed to Ebola virus from direct physical contact with body fluids like blood, saliva, stool, urine, sweat etc

Source:World Health Organization

Think on that for a minute. 'Hand me your passport from your sweaty palm, and when I hand it back, watch me transfer your disease to the passports of the next 14 people, who will incubate in blissful ignorance for 21 days until they end up signing in at the doctor's office with flu-like symptoms, using the communal pen. Enjoy your stay and thanks for flying Delta.' :-\

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

.....The point that I am trying to drive home is the fact that Ebola has been delivered to us in order to frighten and I dare say expose us to a major killer.

Ebola was delivered to West Africa to kill them and steal their resources. Frightening us is just a collateral benefit - and that fear has been manipulated to justify taking away even more of our rights, liberties and personal freedoms.

Whether we rescue our own or "leave them behind enemy lines" - Ebola WILL come here. Just like chikungunya, West Nile and other diseases, and just like we exported our measles and flu and everything else. We can either use the opportunity to learn more and try to get ahead of it, or not.

If the medical authorities had been prudent the medical care that is needed for Americans would have been delivered, not the other way around. I don't trust western medicine or the profit driven research that fuels it. None of us should after this.

Personally I am not frightened about this, but I don't work or live in the Atlanta area.

This is not just about delivering medical care. It's about "no man left behind." And much-needed research. We know little about Ebola because it's always been in emergency care in tents with no facilities and really tired doctors who are just trying to stay on their feet (not trying to learn about the virus). ...But my view on the research is more a Pollyanna rationalization. Really, I support the "no man left behind" values.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The things that strike me the most at first (other than the risk inherent in bringing known Ebola cases into the USA) are:

1. Although it's not a military plane being used, it is the US Defense Department and Pentagon who are bringing the patients to the USA.

2. The patients are being brought to a hospital in Atlanta near the CDC.

3. There is no known treatment for Ebola whether patients are in Africa or the USA. But while they were still in Africa, one of the patients received the only existing dose of a new experimental serum to treat Ebola and the other received blood from a patient who had lived through and recovered from Ebola.

The logical conclusion is the patients are likely being brought to the USA more for US national defense reasons than humanitarian reasons.

The reason may be as simple as everyone wants a cure or treatment because the possibility for such a pandemic spreading at an essentially uncontrolled exponential rate scares any sane person. Or it could be as complex as anyone who has a treatment or cure for such a deadly disease could potentially use such a disease as a weapon or protect themselves from someone else using it as a weapon.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

SPECIFICALLY: There are only four -4- facilities in the entire USA equipped to handle a disease like Ebola.

Comparing emergency triage in the field to high level containment facilities is nothing less than ....unprofessional. Using damage control copy as a reference is ....naive.

Emory University Hospital is equipped with a physical isolation ward completely separate from other patient care areas. It’s one of only four such facilities in the country.

edit on 1/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

I agree with everything you said. I personally think it is the military driving this bus. Africa had refused for going on 4 days to let the 2 ebola infected Americans leave for various reason.

Then Bingo, it's all in go mode with the Defense Dept running the show.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I agree with you. I have a few theories on why some of these viruses have been engineered, but to espouse those theories here would be forum suicide.

I still however take big issue with the state sanctioned delivery of ebola to Atlanta, and I doubt anything will free us or Africans from the money and slave making machines that took over a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is just such a terrible idea. People on my Facebook page seem to trust too much in our medical facilities and staff to keep it controlled. All it takes is one glove with diarrhea on it, or a room improperly sterilized... a million other things could happen to let this virus out. There is no reason why they should have been brought here. Keep it on African soil.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The article says Emory is one of only four of it's type, NOT that only four in the nation can handle Ebola. Those are two different statements. I gave you an article that stated that almost any hospital is equipped in the US. Read my previous post. If almost any hospital is equipped then Medical ships are easily equipped, especially if you read the article posted by WHO. If your goal is to convince people to not buy into the fear mongering then it would make sense to alleviate everyone's fear and put them on a Medical ship.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic

I don't see anyone on here frenzied. I don't know about around the nation. I think there are many people waiting to see that these two people get help and there are never 3rd or 4th cases here. No cases in the wild. If that happens then everything changes.

The national outcry has been sufficiently frenzied for government to move ahead confidently on an amendment to the original Executive Order on Quarantine. This amendment greatly affects Americans' personal rights, liberties and freedoms - and applies to a whole lot more diseases than just Ebola.

....Like rabies, Ebola is an animal-borne disease - although both can be transmitted between humans too. If you're saying Ebola is not in animals in the US, that's true.

....Isolation is different from quarantine - isolation refers to keeping sick/infected people isolated - quarantine involves forcibly confining people who might be infected, in groups or communities. Unfortunately, quarantine is not effective with animal-borne diseases; healthy people in quarantine tend to get infected by others; quarantine tends to be used for political purpose - like punishment, or banishing the sick and debilitated "useless eaters" and so on.

edit on 1/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Please don't fight. We might all be donating blood to each other soon.

Did you see the thread where Britain is now thinking about/planning on doing this too to retrieve Brits from infected areas, maybe some with infections?

And didn't Germany agree to take infected cases? What the hell is going on here? Whatever happened to containment? Not like it doesn't have the potential to spread far and wide without HELP.
edit on 8/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It only takes one infected person and one caregiver that gets infected without knowing and able to walk free into his family or loves ones within the regular population, that is how disease spread.

We should be no afraid but concern about what kind of rules and regulations are in place for such event.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join