It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Haven't been able to read the entire thread so if I am repeating anything...sorry.

!) The President just signed an executive order that calls for apprehension and/or internment if anyone with a respiratory problem, unless it can be proved to be influenza. The word detained is mentioned in the article....sounds ominous. It doesn't mention Ebola. The list of powers and plans relevant to what all the executive order contains is quite extensive and seems to have broad/sweeping powers. That seems like such a coincidence that the order lines up with this Ebola scare. If folks feel the order is a way of covering the Ebola too and is put that way so as not to create panic... then, why? They are saying it is not an airborne problem...yet, animals in separate cages at labs did contract Ebola, suggesting airborne vector. If it is from bodily fluids, then why the respiratory concerns all of a sudden.

2) It has been revealed that Monsanto subsidiaries are the ones working on an Ebola treatment of some kind now. Now, that sounds rather interesting. Money making venture for someone, to be sure.

3)Plum Island, another similar US facility like the CDC had deplorable safety record and violations....such as using duct tape for sealing some doors. CDC has had problems relevant to "accidents" and missing vials and so forth.

4)This Ebola news flooding us...seems to be an awful lot of that news and all of a sudden too....similar to all the constant influx of articles and news that occurs during flu season. Lotsa PR on this one in record time too. Gotta wonder.

5) Gotta remember all those warnings from Rummie and Cheney relevant to an epidemic...always stressing the "when not if" factor...like an epidemic is a certainty.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Is this virus airborne now. If it is then, it sure can make hell of a mess worldwide like a satan bug type depopulation of the planet.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
my 1st post and possibly irrelevant but would still like to throw it in as maybe someone more learned than myself might find a connection,
all this talk of Atlanta reminded me of another thread i read on here awhile back about the Bilderberg 2014 Participants and how the Mayor of Atlanta was on that list. could he have been there for this very reason and is there anyone else on the list connected to big pharmacy?
Georgia Guidestones?

edit on 1-8-2014 by slowlylosinghope because: typos sorry

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Just had to share this here:

The country that received the most missionaries in 2010? The United States, with 32,400 sent from other nations.

Link.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Is this virus airborne now. If it is then, it sure can make hell of a mess worldwide like a satan bug type depopulation of the planet.

Satan is already unleased, just a matter of time now.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Isn't walking dead set in Atalanta?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Yep. Ebola patients flown to U.S.. biohazard drill in NYC, the signing of the order.

The next 9/11 could very well be biological...but who would the enemy be then? I guess whatever terrorist lets the bug out of Emory. Sigh....

originally posted by: Taggart
Isn't walking dead set in Atalanta?

Yes. And in one early episode they destroy the CDC.
edit on 8/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
...and another piece of fact mirroring fiction; only this week the recent UK Channel 4's 'Utopia' starts the pandemic of 'Russian Flu' in Atlanta after flying crop dusters near to airports of 5 major international hubs. Everyone should watch this, its genius television.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Atlanta was also nuked in two recent TV shows. Revolution and Jericho.

And you wonder why residents of this town are a little jumpy?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the National Security issue yet.

While I'm sure they will follow procedure to a tee during this unprecendented event, I don't believe that they can guarantee 100% that they will keep it contained to Emory. If they do, fine, but even a .001% chance of outbreak is unacceptable when there would be American lives at stake.

Besides, if Ebola does go "wild" in the US, I'm not of the mindset that it would come from a hospital facility. It's much more possible to have it come in from an already infected airline passenger. So where is our buddy, the NSA, at on this topic? Is the TSA screening body temps at every terminal yet?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Unless the bug is already here, and this is a massive..."look something shiny"...diversion tactic.

That is my biggest fear. All of the Friday Dump style new info coming out today is disconcerting at best. Emergency Bio-Drills in NYC, Executive order from the magic pen on health issues, and CDC announcement of 20 Bio-Hazard quarantine locations in the U.S. 3 of them on the border....IDK...hinky meter redlining again...

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

At least we will know where the outbreak started from....I get that the family wants the person back in the states but come on, it's ebola....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I see this as a mistake. Why?

1. Bureaucracies are notoriously impotent. In fact the CDC has just recently had several scandals (read this thread)
2. Hospitals and health care in general in America are in a state of turmoil.
3. Government rarely makes things better.
3.People already catch serious conditions in hospitals due to failed procedures.
4.Atlanta frequently drops the ball. Sorry but I live here, so...

But, I wish the patients all the best and the doctors and the researchers and Emory.
I will be thrilled to be wrong.

All good points and true. But.

The President just addressed the fears expressed here by expanding the list of diseases that qualify for quarantine. Not exactly what you wanted I know, but that's how politics works. So congratulations. ...The fear about Ebola allowed the play, but there are other actual outbreaks in the US that now qualify for quarantine because of it. More important, peoples' attitudes have changed - it's now abundantly clear that many, many people support choosing the illusion of safety over freedoms.

Remember those FEMA Camps? ....You may be enjoying their hospitality soon. Even though quarantine does not work with zoonoses.

btw - These people are dying and their lives hang in the balance - they might have 2 or 3 days. Max. Or they might recover. ...But time is of the essence. How much time do you think it might take a ship to get fully and properly equipped, then sail from wherever it is into the jungles of West Africa?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

originally posted by: soficrow
The President just addressed the fears expressed here by expanding the list of diseases that qualify for quarantine. Not exactly what you wanted I know, but that's how politics works. So congratulations. ...The fear about Ebola allowed the play, but there are other actual outbreaks in the US that now qualify for quarantine because of it. More important, peoples' attitudes have changed - it's now abundantly clear that many, many people support choosing the illusion of safety over freedoms.

Can't argue you're wrong, but wish you were.

The new definition certainly goes much further than just Ebola.

I can see why you changed your profile pic.
edit on 1-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh my God an E-Bola case in the U.S.!

Let's hope to God it's an isolated case.

Rebel 5

link   
Des, good post. There is a lot to be concerned about relevant to all of this. When my spouse had his second bypass, he got one of those hospital infections and was in a coma for 3 months. I saw deplorable conditions and many cluster efs at all 3 hospitals...nurses dropping rubber gloves on the floor after they were already unwrapped and picking them up and tending to a patients open wound. Filthy garbage pails shoved under leaky respiratory tubes instead of changing said tube. Bed pans filled with feces and laying in a bathroom garbage pail, patients left for hours in their own excrement/urine and constant mistakes relevant to medications and dosages. I am a retired nurse so I know what I was seeing.

I have next to zero confidence that if an epidemic occurs that the problem will be contained, resolved or have a positive outcome. Many deaths could occur. The CDC has quite a few problems that have been brought to light. Other labs here as well. That Anthr*x dealy during nine el*ven...what the heck was that? One of our own labs involved in the long run. If folks think my comments aren't relevant, anyone can google about some of it and find out.

Yep, panic is counter productive but being cautious and alert and doing research relevant to it all, can't hurt...better to be safe than sorry. Don't trust the MSM...trust our own research and instincts and see what other info is available....using discernment is good. At some point, we have to do it ourselves though...digging into it all and looking at the bigger picture.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
Oh my God an E-Bola case in the U.S.!

Let's hope to God it's an isolated case.

Rebel 5

This thread is a good read with a lot of accurate research in it by a lot of informed people. Some you may agree with, some not. It's worth the read to inform yourself.

This thread is based on the CDC in league with the U.S. Defense Dept., is flying 2 American Missionaries with Ebola, from Ebola infested Liberia to Atlanta Ga. for treatment at Emory Hospital affiliated with the CDC. Both facilities located in a very crowded downtown Atlanta.

Glad you joined the thread, you'll find valuable information here.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Unless the bug is already here, and this is a massive..."look something shiny"...diversion tactic.

That is my biggest fear. All of the Friday Dump style new info coming out today is disconcerting at best. Emergency Bio-Drills in NYC, Executive order from the magic pen on health issues, and CDC announcement of 20 Bio-Hazard quarantine locations in the U.S. 3 of them on the border....IDK...hinky meter redlining again...

Des

And remember this little blast from the past? Just posted it in Vasa Croe''s thread:

FEMA Coffins In Georgia
edit on 8/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
a reply to: Diabolical

Whatever their reasons are is beside the point. 2 people we know about pose less of a risk and threat than 1 person we do not know about spreading the disease at an airport, in an insecure plane, where people from that plane go all over and catch flights all over the world spreading it even further and faster than 2 people contained and quarantined in Atlanta ever could!

I give up trying to explain this panic away.

Oh you just reminded me of the concept of 6 Degrees of Separation (Everybody in the world is connected to everyone else by 6 or less people) wiki: 6 degress of separation

Maybe not the best time to bring this up? :-\

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join