It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: JesperA
originally posted by: violet
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
It hasn't worked on the Spanish priest. He died
Haven't seen any news that the Spanish priest got the sample doses in time, please provide a source. Your point is moot if he didn't get them in time.
President Goodluck Jonathan has directed all Chief Medical Directors (CMDs) and Medical Directors of all the Federal Government owned hospitals and health institutions across the country to issue letters terminating the appointment of all resident doctors in training.
This directive is contained in a circular signed by the permanent secretary ministry of health and dated 13th August, 2014. It is with immediate effect. The reason for this line of action isn’t yet known but it may not be unconnected with the Ebola outbreak in the country as well as the on-going nationwide strike of medical doctors.
Health Authorities In Alicante Activate Protocols Over Another Suspected Ebola Case in Spain
By Matthew Bennett | on Google+ | August 16th, 2014
Healthcare, Pensions & Retirment | News | Spain & The World
NEWS—VALENCIA—EBOLA: Health authorities in south-eastern Spain activated Ebola alert protocols after a young Nigerian man was admitted to hospital in Alicante with fever and vomiting.
Spanish health authorities in the eastern Valencia region of Spain activated alert protocols on Saturday night over a new possible case of Ebola after a young Nigerian man was admitted to a hospital in the city of Alicante with fever and “several other symptoms” of the disease.
If confirmed, this would be the first case of Ebola virus reported in Spain. Father Miguel Pajares, a Spanish priest, died last week in a Madrid hospital after being repatriated from Liberia where he was infected with the disease.
The Nigerian patient’s partner, without visible symptoms, was also present at the hospital but had not been admitted, a spokesman for St. John’s Hospital told The Spain Report by telephone.
“An alert protocol has been activated preventively due to a suspected Ebola virus case”, said the spokeswoman: “the patient has been admitted, and is clinically stable in an isolated area. He was initially admitted to the General Hospital and then brought here. Both his clinical and epidemiological symptoms suggest it might be Ebola. He has a temperature above 38.3ºC and has been vomiting”.
The WHO said the situation in Lagos "looks reassuring" because all those infected were tied to health care workers or had direct contact with Sawyer. Apparently he did not pass the virus to passengers on his flight from Monrovia while he was sick because the 21-day incubation period has lapsed, the WHO said.
Text(08-19) 23:13 PDT SACRAMENTO -- A person who may have been exposed to the Ebola virus was checked into Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center, health officials said Tuesday.
Hospital officials alerted the Sacramento County Department of Health and Human Services, and department officials said they are in touch with the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC will test a blood sample drawn at the hospital to detect whether the Ebola virus is present.
Results are expected in a few days, according to county officials.
At least one of the two American aid workers who were infected with the deadly Ebola virus in Africa has recovered and was to be discharged Thursday from an Atlanta hospital, a spokeswoman for the aid group he was working for said. Alison Geist, a spokeswoman for Samaritan's Purse, told The Associated Press she did not know the exact time Dr. Kent Brantly would be released but confirmed it would happen Thursday. Emory University Hospital planned to hold a news conference Thursday morning to discuss both patients' discharge.