It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesperA

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
It hasn't worked on the Spanish priest. He died

Haven't seen any news that the Spanish priest got the sample doses in time, please provide a source. Your point is moot if he didn't get them in time.

there were plenty of sources. It's in the thread I made perhaps look at that or search yourself
Spanish priest dies of ebola
edit on 14-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

So he wasn't given it soon enough, he was very far gone and old.
edit on 14-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
Nobody knows until everybody knows....
But as Nunya so eloquently stated, agree to disagree.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just a correction to some facts stated here:

The first article posted on the Brazil ebola scare was by me, at this link which I had to have Google translate (can't find my post on it now, can't remember which thread it was in either). I don't know the validity of the site, never claimed to, but it did not start with GLP or BIN or any other well-known hoax site.

Just for the sake of clarity of facts.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What the what?!?! This guy is nuts. The docs are already on strike, so Pres Jonathan fires ALL resident docs in training

President Goodluck Jonathan has directed all Chief Medical Directors (CMDs) and Medical Directors of all the Federal Government owned hospitals and health institutions across the country to issue letters terminating the appointment of all resident doctors in training.

This directive is contained in a circular signed by the permanent secretary ministry of health and dated 13th August, 2014. It is with immediate effect. The reason for this line of action isn’t yet known but it may not be unconnected with the Ebola outbreak in the country as well as the on-going nationwide strike of medical doctors.

Soooo......good luck with that, Nigeria. Not sure what they're gonna do now, or how this could possibly help the situation there. Anyone who is better versed on African politics have an explanation on why this is being done?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just gonna leave a link to my post in the Patrick Sawyer thread here for those not following every thread on ebola, because we've discussed Sawyer so much here, and his widow is literally off her rocker in her defense of his actions, it's worth the read. It would be hilarious reading if it wasn't so utterly disgusting and untrue. Sawyer single-handedly brought ebola to Nigeria and intentionally spread it to his medical workers trying to help him, and then she now is defending his disgusting actions. I'm just so shocked she didn't just keep her mouth shut and go into hiding, she's made this worse for herself with the lies (or at the very least, her gross misinformation). I dunno why this one story hits me so hard, but it's just exemplary of the whole spin machine around this outbreak. As a wise Fox once said, "Trust no one." Hopefully this can be my last post tonight on the subject, I'm just so riled up over her brazen lies and ridiculousness. Ugh. Someone pop a xanax for me, lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
For those who are interested, I've updated all of the charts in the thread:

Ebola - my visual charts & projections based on WHO data

The new WHO data covers through August 13, 2014 but was published today, August 15, 2014.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is another patient from Nigeria who was brought to a hospital in Alicante, Spain, because it is suspected that he could have Ebola.

Just wanted to post this update. I just hope this doesn't continue, but will all the illegal immigration occurring in Europe and in the U.S., I am afraid it could get worse.

Health Authorities In Alicante Activate Protocols Over Another Suspected Ebola Case in Spain

By Matthew Bennett | on Google+ | August 16th, 2014
Healthcare, Pensions & Retirment | News | Spain & The World

NEWS—VALENCIA—EBOLA: Health authorities in south-eastern Spain activated Ebola alert protocols after a young Nigerian man was admitted to hospital in Alicante with fever and vomiting.

Spanish health authorities in the eastern Valencia region of Spain activated alert protocols on Saturday night over a new possible case of Ebola after a young Nigerian man was admitted to a hospital in the city of Alicante with fever and “several other symptoms” of the disease.

If confirmed, this would be the first case of Ebola virus reported in Spain. Father Miguel Pajares, a Spanish priest, died last week in a Madrid hospital after being repatriated from Liberia where he was infected with the disease.

The Nigerian patient’s partner, without visible symptoms, was also present at the hospital but had not been admitted, a spokesman for St. John’s Hospital told The Spain Report by telephone.

“An alert protocol has been activated preventively due to a suspected Ebola virus case”, said the spokeswoman: “the patient has been admitted, and is clinically stable in an isolated area. He was initially admitted to the General Hospital and then brought here. Both his clinical and epidemiological symptoms suggest it might be Ebola. He has a temperature above 38.3ºC and has been vomiting”.

www.thespainreport.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just updating the thread, since this thread has a collection of sources and stories. Apparently over the weekend there was an attack on a Liberian Ebola patient center where some folks escaped and various items like bloody sheets and materesses were taken. This could be a catalyst for spreading the virus in the area:

Ebola Crisis: Confusion as Patients Vanish in Liberia - BBC

Report: Armed Men Attack Liberia Ebola Clinc, Freeing Patients - CBS News

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

Thanks for the update.

The rioters claim the epidemic is a hoax. WTH are they going to do with bloody sheets/mattresses? Are they trying to prove an insane point or are they going to use them as weapons? Smallpox infected blankets given to native americans comes to mind.

The two Ebola patients in Atlanta have been there since July 31. Their recovery was initially reported as miraculous. During the first week Dr Brantley was up/about showering and prepared a statement. Nancy Writebol's husband reported she was feeling better, hungry/wanted potato soup.

Its been nearly 3 weeks, either I missed it or there's been no reports on their current status. Why no updates?

Has their condition stagnated/gotten worse? Has the miracle worn off or what? It just seems odd there was so much reporting on how good the two were doing and now we're getting absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

From what I've read in various articles. A majority of those people are so poverty stricken, they don't have beds. They sleep on the ground. One BBC article said many of the items looted from clinics, are sold to to other people. Since they don't think ebola is a real disease, they only see a win win situation for themselves in looting infected items.

As long as this mentality of the uneducated is the driving force in some areas, ebola will continue to spread. The best thing to do is surround the whole area, and let it run it's course, keeping it contained to those who work against containing it.

I know it sounds cruel, but I see no other recourse.

Des

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Ignorance/poverty plays a role but I imagine living with ebola in their midst negatively impacts society as a whole. Patrick Sawyer wasn't uneducated or impoverished. Despite being symptomatic he broke quarantine, went into a rage when confronted with the diagnosis.

The wealthy/educated can be just as responsible for ebola's spread. Patrick Sawyer's position allowed him to pass through screenings more easily. The nurse he exposed continued treating patients. Bad decisions made by educated people. I'd say no one is exempt from denial/fear or panic.

Those poor people stealing bloody sheets will take them home use/sell them to locals. They will probably die in their village or flee into the jungle but the more affluent "Patrick Sawyers" can do far more damage if they panic/flee. They're not heading for the jungle, they're looking for a flight out.

Just wanted to add I heard an update today. Dr. Brantley has been released from isolation and Nancy Writebol is doing better according to her husband but she's still in isolation.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Unfortunately I agree with you. Because of this, if this is a true outbreak, instead of bringing people into the U.S., or European cities they should be treated outside major population centers. It is too much of a risk of bringing this cases in major areas, so I don't understand why they keep bringing infected patients. The borders should also be closed, such as the border of the U.S. with Mexico. It does sound cruel, but we have taken too many risks already, many illegal immigrants entering the U.S. and Europe are bringing diseases that have not existed in these parts of the world for decades, if not centuries. Yet, instead of actually trying to contain the situation too many unnecessary risks are being taken.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

The WHO said the situation in Lagos "looks reassuring" because all those infected were tied to health care workers or had direct contact with Sawyer. Apparently he did not pass the virus to passengers on his flight from Monrovia while he was sick because the 21-day incubation period has lapsed, the WHO said.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Text(08-19) 23:13 PDT SACRAMENTO -- A person who may have been exposed to the Ebola virus was checked into Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center, health officials said Tuesday.

Hospital officials alerted the Sacramento County Department of Health and Human Services, and department officials said they are in touch with the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC will test a blood sample drawn at the hospital to detect whether the Ebola virus is present.

Results are expected in a few days, according to county officials.

www.sfgate.com...
edit on 20-8-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

My boyfriend was up in Sacramento these past few days. I'm really hoping that the person who's possibly infected did NOT get anywhere on that plane. I know im probably being paranoid but you can never be too sure.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
For those interested, I've updated the charts in the thread with the newest WHO data released today:

Ebola - my visual charts & projections based on WHO data

The original charts showed totals and tentative projections. Some new charts have been added since then that also graph things by the number of new Ebola cases or deaths between updates from WHO or per month.

Here is an example of one showing new cases per month (through July):

In August, there have been 1022 new cases and 509 new deaths as of August 18, 2014.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Thank you Ikon. As each day passes, your data becomes more important.

Des

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Thanks, Des, and you're welcome. I was hoping we would start seeing the actual numbers start to fall below predictions, but so far that's not happening. Of course, it's only been 16 days since I started doing the charts.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

At least one of the two American aid workers who were infected with the deadly Ebola virus in Africa has recovered and was to be discharged Thursday from an Atlanta hospital, a spokeswoman for the aid group he was working for said. Alison Geist, a spokeswoman for Samaritan's Purse, told The Associated Press she did not know the exact time Dr. Kent Brantly would be released but confirmed it would happen Thursday. Emory University Hospital planned to hold a news conference Thursday morning to discuss both patients' discharge.

Link

Rather concerning, especially in light of this.... Current ATS thread
Would be nice to know what the cause of death actually was.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I sure hope Dr. Brantly doesn't get too eager to resume maritals with his wife. He may inadvertently infect her and others by proxy.

"There is a slight possibility that the virus could linger for up to three months in his semen, according to the World Health Organization."

Source
edit on 21-8-2014 by 59demon because: Typo

edit on 21-8-2014 by 59demon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130 >>

join