It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
It hasn't worked on the Spanish priest. He died

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
one page back

lots of other stuff too to be found in the thread

I'm going to cross post this and if I get mod-slapped, so be it.

A pregnant woman who went for her usual check up at the First Consultant Hospital Obalande – same hospital that Patrick Sawyer was admitted – tested positive of the virus on Friday. She got infected after being treated by the same nurse, Obi Justina Ejelonu, who attended to the Liberian carrier, Patrick Sawyer.

Recall that two nurses came in direct contact with Mr. Sawyer and one of them died last week – the other nurse, Justina is still alive. The pregnant woman has since been quarantined at the mainland hospital where there is an isolation emergency centre for Ebola virus victims.

source

If she (the infected nurse) was showing symptoms, how is it that she was able to perform her duties?

How many other people did she infect?

How many total now infected in the U.S.? Alive or dead?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

Just the original 2 who were imported by the CDC.

So 2 infected in the U.S. and both are alive as far as we know.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That's Nigeria not the US.

a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just a notice that I've updated Charts 1 & 2 on the Charts thread with the latest data from WHO. That data covered through August 9, 2014 but was published on August 11, 2014:

Charts

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry to post back to back update posts, but WHO updated their data again, so this is to let those who are interested know that I've updated Charts 1 & 2 plus added and updated a new Chart 6 on the thread:

Ebola - my visual charts & projections based on WHO data

The new WHO data covered through August 11, 2014 but was published today, August 13, 2014. The new Chart 6 has the y-axis in powers of 2, so it shows at a glance how quickly the numbers are doubling. Basically, the number of cases has doubled about 11 times in a little more than 8 months.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Pretty sad that this thread got derailed and silenced with all the great research it was sharing. However, let's keep trying, naysayers be danged:

Ebola protein discovery could lead to treatment

When an infection enters the body, proteins called interferons send an alert to the body's antiviral immune system that something bad is happening. That message carrier, labeled "STAT1," gets a kind of super highway or "emergency access lane" to deliver the alert to the immune system's nucleus as quickly as possible, so the body can start battling the virus.

Now, here's where the researchers say Ebola is different. The deadly virus comes equipped with a protein called VP24 which zeros in on STAT1 and blocks it from rolling down that super highway, thus keeping the immune system in the dark, so it can't put its defense system in action.

Good video on that page too. Happy researching, y'all. Maybe once the self-aggrandizing thrill of denial and debunking gets tiresome, we can get back to business. I've tried to stay away and take a break for the thread's sake, but ebola never takes a day off, and it's over 1k deaths now (thanks to Ikon for the charts, please don't stop with the projection charts!) so maybe we can get back to a peaceful discussion.
(Note to parents like myself: volunteer to send in TONS of hand-sanitizer to your kids' schools, because even the flu can kill and teachers need supplies now more than ever before. Give them every reason to pump that stuff all day every day, and lots of classroom crayons so not every kid is sharing the exact same popular color of black or blue they all want, lol.
)

Also, elderberry extract has been shown to help with immune defense, just be careful when it comes to flues that can cause cytokine storms (lots of info on that here on ATS). Vitamin C is great, but too much can be harmful and is best absorbed with iron taken at the same time, and a well-balanced diet of whole-foods and plenty of water and vitamin-rich juice is best. And remember: FIST BUMP, not high-fives. Sneeze into your elbow. Let's try to not have a panic-ridden flu season on our hands, or else no doctor is going to take any flu symptoms as anything but the flu (or cold, or norovirus, whatever you want to litigate it to be defined as.
)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

send in TONS of hand-sanitizer to your kids' schools

www.thealternativedaily.com...

"One common ingredient in hand sanitizers, and most anything labeled “antibacterial,” for that matter, is triclosan. This chemical is actually used as a pesticide, besides being featured commonly in our personal care and household cleaning products.
The principal danger regarding triclosan use is its role in the global epidemic of antibiotic resistance. When we are constantly exposing bacteria to antibacterial agents, they learn to adapt.
When we use products with triclosan on a constant basis, the bacteria that these products are designed to kill end up developing an immunity to it, and sharing this immunity with other types of bacteria through DNA transfer."

yeah,,

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Totally agree. I try to avoid triclosan at home. But when it comes to all those sniveling little non-hand-washers, I would rather they poison their hands from viruses and bacteria than bring home some nasties that will keep us all sick for the whole year, than do the "wash your hands" routine that ends up spreading more than if they didn't. Kids are gross, lol. Mine included.
We went for a meet-and-greet for kindergarten today and she had to use the bathroom, then was told to leave the bathroom to wash her hands in the classroom sink rather than the bathroom sink. Yuck. Doorknobs, anyone? Ugh. That's why I volunteered to donate hand-sanitizer for the classroom.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

I think you are a wise Mom. Methinks with what is happening on the health front between the new bugs coming in over our borders, and this ebola uncertainty. Schools should come up with a new standard for sanitizing.

I've always joked that schools are nothing more than petri dishes we send our kids to, 5 days a week.

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I was appalled----she came out of the bathroom saying "where is the soap?" and the teacher said, "no, we wash our hands out here in the sink, not in the bathroom sink." Presumably because they don't like kids playing in the water and making a water mess. :/ Sorry, but what's the point then? They touch the doorknob going in, touch themselves while wiping, get a UTI or worse, then keep the janitor from having to mop a little more water up. Ugh. Anything to save a buck and an employee complaint, I guess. I taught her better; wash before AND after, so she doesn't infect herself. Stupid rules nowadays.
I'll just send her in with a single-packet germ wipe to use before using the toilet, then wash her hands afterwards. Screw the other little rule-followers. I raise independent kids that take care of THEMSELVES.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
It hasn't worked on the Spanish priest. He died

Haven't seen any news that the Spanish priest got the sample doses in time, please provide a source. Your point is moot if he didn't get them in time.
edit on 2014-8-14 by JesperA because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-8-14 by JesperA because: darn spellchecker changing to wrong words...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JesperA

He didn't. He was actually very advanced when he was brought to Spain, which was the reason for the extra precautions with transportation. he was on death's door already by the time he got there.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Second Hand report from this individual about Brazil

I know some doctors over here (Brazil). Patient was diagnosed with suspected case of Ebola at Hospital Geral de Guarulhos (Guarulhos General Hospital near São Paulo's international airport) later transferred to reference hospital Emilio Ribas and died yesterday night. Nothing on msm yet.

Thread

Posted on the Speculation thread as well, tis relevant

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dadjax

WRONG. There is currently an outbreak of yellow fever in Brazil. No suspected Ebola at all, not even in the local news.

Source: Father in Law and his Family live in Brazil as well as the government of Brazil itself:

agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br...

Health Minister Arthur Chioro has ruled out any concerns around cases in Brazil at this time and said it is “unlikely” that an infected person will enter the country. “There are no risks of an outbreak of the disease in our country right now,” he said. Any newcomers with symptoms of the disease will be quarantined and taken to referral hospitals.

These are areas where Ebola has been confirmed:

wwwnc.cdc.gov...

The Brazil story got started on Before It's News, a well known hoax site at the beginning of the month, and people keep rehashing it.

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2014/08/ebola-spreads-to-philippines-morocco-and-brazil-3005636.html

Which was sourced from this:

luismmx.blogspot.com...

Those stories source back to another hoax site: Underground World News

As you can see, the story is identical to the one on GLP. GLP is also the site who banned me for showing that a link was a hoax so they seem to be pretty wrapped up in wanting this fear to run rampant.

So not relevant, and easily rebuffed with 5 minutes of research.

Edit: I also can't help but notice your registration date is 8/4, the day this story first popped up on the internet...and you are only posting in Ebola threads on both sites.
edit on 14-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Thanks for reading the link
1. It is not the same story
2. What's your point I registered on 8/4? A newcomer can't read a thread since it's inception and feel some form of responsibility to report new information? I apologize for not being on here since the beginning of time....
3. If you would of done more research you would have found them non related and the source being a doctor.
4. Yeah, I totally trust the CDC with my life
5. Did I not provide the disclaimer of second hand information, and not being in the msm yet?

Did you read the thread in the link? If not

edit on 14-8-2014 by dadjax because: because idiots

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, I did read the thread. There is no source. A guy saying he knows a doctor isn't a source, especially on an internet forum. Just look previously in this thread where a guy had a source who was a nurse and said we had confirmed Ebola in the USA...

Here is the quote from GLP:

Patient was diagnosed with suspected case of Ebola at Hospital Geral de Guarulhos (Guarulhos General Hospital near São Paulo's international airport) later transferred to reference hospital Emilio Ribas and died yesterday night

And here is the quote from the original source story on 8/3:

A man who landed at Guarulhos airport in São Paulo, in the morning, was taken to hospital Emilio Ribas,

As you can see they are the exact same story. Just people rehashing hoaxes on the internet and passing them off as news. Again, not relevant, and easily rebuffed with a few minutes of research.

Edit: So recap - This story first showed up on 8/3. It began making the rounds on conspiracy forums on 8/4. This story is a hoax, you are perpetuating a hoax. The Brazilian government already confirmed they've had no suspected cases of Ebola and have a plan in effect to prevent it from arriving.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
So in your mind, as long as the same procedure is followed it will always be the same situation? One does not know if it is true or false and you have zero ability to discredit the op in that thread. As such it is up to whoever is reading it to make their own conclusions. Sorry, but your not an all knowing being. It may be rehashed, it may also not be. It was posted 8/14, oh look thats today.

Now a different way, until you can positively refute it

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It only requires common sense. Brazil is a huge place, and you are saying potentially TWO Ebola patients came into San Paulo Airport. Obviously the first one (which is the same one you are perpetuating) was a complete hoax, as it had no source and nothing came of it. Now they are just rehashing the same hoax hoping people forgot about it the first time around. Someone just picked the busiest airport in Brazil to stage their hoax story, and then picked the busiest hospital in the area for act 2.

I already posted the link that shows Brazil has confirmed there have been no suspected cases of Ebola in their country. Stop perpetuating a hoax. Outside of the Nigeria infections, caused directly by a man who seemed to intentionally infect people, Ebola is still contained to the three countries it originated in.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Edit: I also can't help but notice your registration date is 8/4, the day this story first popped up on the internet...and you are only posting in Ebola threads on both sites.

This story started making the rounds on 8/4. Your registration date is 8/4.

You are sitting here telling me to stop because I can't 100% refute it, yet you should be the one to stop because you can't even 1% prove it.

Just a reminder from Don'tTreadOnMe's last million warnings in this thread:

Members who choose to discuss other members, to belittle others, to bicker, to bait others may find themselves temporarily post banned.
It is NOT fair to those who read and post to ATS to have to have this serious topic derailed.
Please add valid sources to claims whenever possible.

If the source is not credible to one's standards, fine. Point it out, agree to disagree, then let it go. Many, many members join this site during a media-frenzy about some international story and that's perfectly okay. It has nothing to do with the validity of the member or their intentions, and has nothing to do with the thread. This is not a court case we're all litigating, and no one is going to "win" this thread. Let's all calm down and not get the thread shut down, please and thank you.

Have a good day, all.

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130 >>

join