It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth
a reply to: Destinyone

Looks like the order is geared towards SARS and excludes influenza.

I'm thinking along the lines of the non treatable TB that is coming over our borders.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Exactly. Couldn't agree with you more and probably a good move.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I told you it was here. I am not to far from you Des. It is only a matter of time now.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The last Ebola outbreak killed 300+. This Ebola Outbreak is 10 times bigger so far, so the mutation rate is ten times faster.

CDC is looking at the mutations and symptoms. CDC has the bioscience equipment for mapping out the virus.

I don't have cable. Last outbreak a talking head mentioned once per show how Ebola could go airborne, but that it probably wouldn't.

Ebola doesn't seem to be getting the attention that is has in the past.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
The last Ebola outbreak killed 300+. This Ebola Outbreak is 10 times bigger so far, so the mutation rate is ten times faster.

CDC is looking at the mutations and symptoms. CDC has the bioscience equipment for mapping out the virus.

I don't have cable. Last outbreak a talking head mentioned once per show how Ebola could go airborne, but that it probably wouldn't.

Ebola doesn't seem to be getting the attention that is has in the past.

We are so not being told the truth. A few days back I watched a skype interview, on cable news with a reporter in Liberia.

He said there are thousands of deaths not being reported in the bush. He spoke of whole villages he and his team went into where every single person is dead from ebola. He said he went into home after home filled with dead families. Dead people laying in the street, everywhere.

That the people in the bush don't go to Doctors nor hospitals. We are only getting the officially reported numbers of deaths that have happened in hospitals. He said the word needs to get out about the severity of the outbreak, not just what the African Government is putting out.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

You're kidding, right? ....You do know there are no hospitals to speak of, really, in West Africa? ....maybe 5 hospitals total spread over Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. That "Ebola treatment centers" are tent facilities? That water and food are in extremely short supply? Never mind actual medicine, even saline solution for rehydration? That there are only about 0.04 doctors per 100,000 people?

But you think our own should stay there? Really?

Yes, this man deserves the best care possible BUT they really do not need to bring him to a heavily populated area to do so. Believe me, we have the ability to isolate him in a remote area AND give him excellent care at the same time.

I worked at a top of the line Medical University for 15 years. Not joking here. Saudi Arabian princes came to us for treatment. One of the surgeons I worked with on a routine basis was consulted during the national media hyped case of a well known politician. This Medical Center is world renowned. They know their shi t and mistakes still happened. All of you health care workers that post here please raise your hand with me. Now tell the truth. Does this transfer to Emory scare the shi t out of you or not?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Seeing as I live 2 hours from Emory...raises hand with you...

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
According to CDC director -

In a press conference Thursday, CDC director Dr. Tom Frieden stated that, for a patient who is infected, travel may be unsafe.
“There’s the potential that actual movement of the patient could do more harm than befit of more advanced, superior care outside the country [of infection],” he said.

link

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
According to CDC director -

In a press conference Thursday, CDC director Dr. Tom Frieden stated that, for a patient who is infected, travel may be unsafe.
“There’s the potential that actual movement of the patient could do more harm than befit of more advanced, superior care outside the country [of infection],” he said.

link

Exactly! But, seeing as the CDC is working with the U.S. Defense Dept in this instance. I have a sneaking feeling, care of the ebola patients isn't the primary goal in moving them to Atlanta from Africa.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: soficrow

I understand and share your sentiment. However, adding yet another dangerous pathogen to the already dangerous ones that we contend with here already is just bad decision making, something that I am getting used to from the "know it alls" that are in power at the moment. By the way....rabies is not only preventable but treatable when discovered early enough. Comparing rabies to ebola is a pretty far stretch.

My point is: We're creating those pathogens, and we haven't discovered half of them. Meanwhile, more are adapting, mutating and evolving. As far as "adding" another - Ebola has been on this continent for decades, since it was discovered in 1976. So suddenly getting our knickers in a knot about the current disease du jour just doesn't make sense. Better to identify the real problem and come up with effective solutions. Which ain't happenin'.

And the rabies-Ebola comparison is not a stretch - it's perfectly legitimate and reflected in the scientific literature (which is where I got it).

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Center for Disease Control is about controlling, quarantining epidemics.

It not about treating sick people, unless that will stop the epidemic.

The CDC wants to know the visible detectable symptoms, the infection rate, and whether the virus will go airborne.

edit on 1-8-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: TrueBrit

I understand what you are saying TB...but, that certainly couldn't contain anything airborn.

It really is a home gardeners green house kit. With what looks like a free standing unit for recycling air. All I'm saying is, it doesn't instill any sense of confidence in me, that they have a firm handle on what they are doing. There are still questions to if this strain of ebola can be classified as airborn.

Des

It can easily contain airborn viruses if it is reverse pressurized. Most hospitals have at least one reverse isolation room for treatment of serious airborn diseases such as TB.

edit on 1-8-2014 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You DO know Ebola has been in the USA, in Atlanta, since about 1976, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: WCmutant

Not only does Atlanta have direct flights to/from Africa... the CDC is conveniently nearby.

I would worry that these morons are bringing it to America to "study" - or weaponize. The USA has never been exposed to ebola, there is no telling what could happen if it "escapes/spreads" into America's virgin ebola population.

See my post, a few above yours. Ebola HAS been here in the past, almost 25 years ago.

I saw it. My comment still stands - America is still a virgin ebola population. (We are talking about humans, aren't we?) It didn't spread to humans, so from a disease exposure perspective we are still a virgin population.

Actually it did spread to humans. Ebola Reston is the one strain that is not fatal.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Coming in from all sides folks. Ebola +++ this.

DHS Report: Tuberculosis And Scabies Spreading In Migrant Holding Facilities

The Department of Homeland Security’s report on the facilities housing the recent flood of “unaccompanied alien children” (UAC) from Central America describes conditions where diseases such as tuberculosis (TB) and scabies are spreading, and staff are being exposed to human waste.

The report lists off the types of diseases that are becoming prevalent in the facilities and that are requiring treatment. They include “respiratory illnesses, chicken pox, tuberculosis, and scabies.” These diseases have also spread to several DHS employees working at the locations, the report states

link

edit on 1-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I really don't understand why it upsets you so much in all the ebola threads, people expressing their concern for personal safety. You harp on and on that rabies is more dangerous. I live in the rural country and personally know 2 people who've gone through the rabies shots. They came no where near dying, nor were they contagious.

Ebola is much more dangerous than rabies. I don't care what your research trying to prove that rabies is the same if not worse than ebola is.

All it takes is for one person with active ebola walking out of the hospital, getting on trains and buses, going to night school, back to their crowded apt to tuck their kids into bed, kiss them goodnight, to wake them in the morning and send them off to a crowded school, to infect...how many people?

One careless worker.....that's all it takes.

Des

edit on 1-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

STOP IT WERE TRYING TO FREAK OUT HERE!

I only freak out for zombies!

Eboli ?

Not so much.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

You DO know Ebola has been in the USA, in Atlanta, since about 1976, right?

Yes, I am well aware. Do you trust our government? So, let play a scenario, shall we? Prior to today, have we had anyone in the US with any strain of Ebola other than the Reston strain (which is not fatal)? Ebola Zaire? No. Ebola Sudan? No. Ebola Ivory Coast (also known as Tai Forest Ebola)? No. Ebola Bundibugyo? No.

So the CDC has Ebola strains to test, I'm sure. Prior to having a patient in the US with the virus, if we had an outbreak we could place the blame squarely on the CDC. Now we have TWO patients here. If we have an outbreak? Well surely the CDC isn't to blame for losing control of it. It was some poor shmuck in the hospital that didn't follow protocol, RIGHT?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I'm sorry you're upset that I don't agree with you. But for the past 10 years here, I have been "harping on" about the dangers of emerging infectious diseases, zoonoses like rabies and Ebola, pandemic so-called "non-communicable diseases" - and the role industrial products and contaminants play in creating these diseases. I am not going to stop now just because it makes you uncomfortable.

I routinely -and unjustly- have been accused of fear-mongering just for sharing facts - up to and including my 1st Ebola thread in March when I flagged the West Africa Ebola epidemic - when posters, the WHO and everyone was still saying it wasn't a problem and would soon burn itself out. I kept posting, and informing, and trying to be responsible with my reporting. But just so you know, it makes me uncomfortable that the information I shared is being twisted to generate fear and panic. C'est la vie.

btw....

You DO know that Ebola has been in Atlanta since 1976, right?

edit on 1/8/14 by soficrow because: format

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Thank you for the additional information. I read Hot Zone a long time ago but had not recalled details about human infection coming out of the Reston Monkey House, fatal or not.

What do you think the media and some Government people talking here recently have meant by these being the first then? First full blown and involved cases, perhaps? First cases brought from the outside?

Of course Reston was an accident and this is entirely by choice, so that must factor into how this is being termed.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join