It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

The whole thing is one big cluster f*.....

As I have said before, the time to respond was in March, when MSF said it was out of control. It took until toady, really if you think about it, for WHO and the CDC to publicly acknowledge the seriousness of the situation.

When flu season hits, we are going to hear all kinds of madness.

Yup, that train already left the station.

OK I'll toss this bit of fear into the pot. It's the leaked CP report given to Obama. He knows what's going on and doesn't give a crap about the safety of We the People.

LUBBOCK, Texas — A leaked intelligence analysis from the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reveals the exact numbers of illegal immigrants entering and attempting to enter the U.S. from more than 75 different countries. The report was obtained by a trusted source within the CBP agency who leaked the document and spoke with Breitbart Texas on the condition of anonymity. The report is labeled as "Unclassified//For Official Use Only" and indicates that the data should be handled as "Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU)."

This one section of the leaked report is my biggest concern...

Among the significant revelations are that individuals from nations currently suffering from the world’s largest Ebola outbreak have been caught attempting to sneak across the porous U.S. border into the interior of the United States. At least 71 individuals from the three nations affected by the current Ebola outbreak have either turned themselves in or been caught attempting to illegally enter the U.S. by U.S. authorities between January 2014 and July 2014.

Link to whole article on leaked report www.breitbart.com...

Link to actual leaked Document...
www.scribd.com...

It's not so much the airports I'm worried about. What the hell are they doing with the *other than mexican* illegals making it here.

Des

edit on 7-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone
Putting them in with the other detained individuals, what else?

Its only a matter of time. Yes, US healthcare is fully capable of containing an outbreak...unless there are too many patients. Then it turns into a half step above Africa.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Maybe we'll get lucky and the whole damned thing will flare out.

But hopefully instructive for the 'next' time.

edit on 7-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

This is what is blowing my mind Net...so many people live in a bubble of trust in Government taking care of them.

They won't take the time to educate themselves on something as destructive and fast spreading like ebola. That's just something in that other country way over there.

If it does get into the general population here...as Loam said. It will be a cluster****.

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I made a new thread that should be troll proof: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I invite those who've contributed solid information to re-post or cross-link so we can have a reference without having to sort through the nonsense.

Thanks!
edit on 8/7/14 by Druid42 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Yeah. Pretty much. You can see exactly how well it can be contained by the spread of MRSA. Some healthcare facilities are clean, well staffed, with caring doctors and nurses. Others, the complete opposite of the above. Ive cared for patients in both types. It is the latter from which this beast will spread. Sure, cases will originate from public places, but if it goes really hot, hospitals will be the point of origin for most of the cases.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
mapped regions in West Africa where the Ebola virus has hit.

www.wired.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I've thought about that as well. Especially after reading about tobacco serum scientist. He might have put a vaccine inside bananas ( since he has rather excitedly mentioned doing that) people unknowingly ate them and some primates also ate them. His dream is to make fruit that contains vaccines. I forgot his name to find the link
ETA

When we started thinking about delivery systems, the one that I began focusing on about eight years ago was bananas. When you start peeling a banana, the minute that peeling comes off, you are exposing a sterile environment inside. There are no bacteria. There are no fungi in there. This is a self-contained sterile container that also contains protein. So you can think of it as a sterile protein-manufacturing system. If we can put genes into bananas and cause them to produce the protein we want--in this case, a vaccine--in that sterile compartment, then all we have to do is pop it open and deliver it.

harvest of Fear
More here:growing vaccinated fruits and vegetables

Speculative of course.
So I don't have a source!

I've also wondered if these two in Atalanta are even infected at all. . We can't see them. Or have we? I've not been watching CNN. It could be anyone in these hazmat costumes. The whole thing could be a charade.

Seriously though, I think the woman is sicker because she's older and got her serum after he did, and was infected before him.

edit on 7-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
mapped regions in West Africa where the Ebola virus has hit.

www.wired.co.uk...

Thanks! Great map. Please post it in Druid's new ebola thread too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00
Yeah and heroes aren't human and never make mistakes. That aside, aside from the "acrificed his dose for the woman" hero story, we now have the "got his blood transfusion from a patient he himself saved" hero story.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

There's a bit about the tobacco, from Reuters yesterday: Tobacco -derived ‘plantibodies’ enter the fight against Ebola

For decades biotech companies have produced such antibodies by growing genetically engineered mouse cells in enormous metal bioreactors. But in the case of the new Ebola treatment ZMapp, developed by Mapp Pharmaceuticals, the antibodies were produced in tobacco plants at Kentucky Bioprocessing, a unit of tobacco giant Reynolds American.

The tobacco-plant-produced monoclonals have been dubbed “plantibodies.”

“Tobacco makes for a good vehicle to express the antibodies because it is inexpensive and it can produce a lot,” said Erica Ollmann Saphire, a professor at The Scripps Research Institute and a prominent researcher in viral hemorrhagic fever diseases like Ebola. “It is grown in a greenhouse and you can manufacture kilograms of the materials. It is much less expensive than cell culture.”

In the standard method of genetic engineering, DNA is slipped into bacteria, and the microbes produce a protein that can be used to combat a disease.

Also...froma post I made in Druid's new thread...

FACT: The CDH and NIH pointed Samaritan's Purse to the experimental treatment.

Did the NIH play a role in getting the experimental therapy to the two U.S. patients in Liberia?
This experimental treatment was arranged privately by Samaritan's Purse, the private humanitarian organization, which employed one of the Americans who contracted the virus in Liberia. Samaritan's Purse contacted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), who referred them to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH was able to provide the organization with the appropriate contacts at the private company developing this treatment. The NIH was not involved with procuring, transporting, approving, or administering the experimental treatments.

FACT: ZMAPP is not a cure or vaccine.

Is ZMapp a vaccine?
No. ZMapp is being developed as a therapeutic product for treatment of people infected with Ebola virus, but not to prevent infection in the same manner as a vaccine. The best way to prevent infection currently is with stringent infection control measures.

FACT: The NIH is starting clinical trials for an ebola vaccine.

There are currently no FDA approved vaccines for Ebola. The NIH's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is working on developing an Ebola vaccine. NIH recently announced they are expediting their work, and aiming to launch phase 1 clinical trials of an Ebola vaccine in the fall. NIH is also supporting the Crucell biopharmaceutical company in its development of an Ebola/Marburg vaccine as well as Profectus Biosciences in its development of an Ebola vaccine.

FACT: The US government is working with at least two other companies.

Is the U.S. government involved in the development of ZMapp?
Two other companies, Tekmira and Biocryst Pharmaceuticals, receive funding from the Department of Defense's Defense Threat Reduction Agency and have therapeutic candidates for Ebola in early development. The Department of Defense is working with a company called Newlink to develop an Ebola vaccine candidate. BioCryst, with NIH support, is working to develop an antiviral drug to treat Ebola virus that is expected to begin Phase 1 testing later this year.

Above from CDC.gov, Questions and Answers on experimental treatments and vaccines for Ebola

FACT: Tekmira is partnering with several other companiesm including the dreaded Monsanto.

Since inception, Tekmira has fostered collaborations and partnerships with leading companies in the RNAi field, including Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co. Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, the United States Government's Transformational Medical Technologies (TMT) Program, Monsanto, and other undisclosed pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.

Monsanto Company
In 2014, Tekmira signed an Option Agreement with Monsanto, permitting Monsanto to obtain a license to use Tekmira's proprietary delivery technology. The companies' agreement and research collaboration will focus on the development of new innovative biological solutions for farmers, which have the potential to provide new options for sustainable pest, virus and weed control. The potential value of the transaction could reach up to $86.2 million following the successful completion of milestones.

Above from Tekmira's website, Collaborators and Partners

Disclaimer: These are all government and corporate facts that leave plenty of room for speculation.
edit on 8/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The first Ebola patient arriving in Spain

That's how Europe handles this

Source (German)

edit on 7-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
For those who want an update on the 6 Tuskegee University students stuck in Liberia, it looks like they are in constant contact with the University and are scheduled to leave Liberia on August 17th going to Ghana and then arrive in the US on August 18th. The article states they are in a safe place, are not sick, in good spirits and the reason for the delay is because of the current travel restrictions in place for Liberia. I hope they stay safe.

6 Tuskegee Students Stuck in Liberia due to Ebola - WAKA.com - Channel 8 Montgomery Alabama (I hope this embeds correctly, for some reason I am having some difficulty embedding this one)

Here is another Montgomery, Al. news source with a little more info: wsfa.com

Looks like there is/was a lot of support from the University on a national and international level to get these folks home as soon as is possible. From the wsfa sourced link:

Tuskegee University says it was in contact with parties at the national and international level to help expedite arrangements for the students to leave. While there, the students remain in a safe location and are being supported by local program affiliates, the university said.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

That's more like what I was expecting to see from the US. Good to see those kinds of precautions being taken somewhere in the world! Even those working the gurney look to have every possible loose end taped up.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Yup that how I would expect transport.

This thread would likely be half the size with less fear if the USA had done it like that.

edit on 7-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Droplet transmission.

a reply to: wishes

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yes, that's pretty clear. What's the point of your post?

a reply to: NoAngel2u

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
No, I called it a "hazmat" suit...because it obviously isn't.

a reply to: 00nunya00

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Druid42 posted the study I pulled that from. It was specifically on sneezing. Your link isn't sneezing, it's all droplets which include moisture on your breath. That moisture has never been shown to contain Ebola.

a reply to: loam

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Source (German)

That's how I was trained to do it.

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join