It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this guy serious?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I saw This Video yesterday and it blew my mind. Does the guy actually believe the island of Guam can tip over and capsize?

A United States Senator is that stupid?

He's back peddling now and says he was just kidding but he sure seemed serious to be when he said it.

I know there are some really stupid people out there but I would figure to become a Senator you would have some education.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Some politicians would have us believer worse.

They are just as ignorant as this guy, however they have a PR team that can spin to the simple minded masses.
edit on 31-7-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

I think the respect and professionalism General Robert Willard displayed was fantastic!!!

I'm not sure I could have done the same. The urge to even just smile would have been too great for me.
edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
LOL

That deserves to be embedded

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I think the respect and professionalism General Robert Willard displayed was fantastic!!!

I'm not sure I could have done the same.

Amazing, I could not have done that, either I'd have LMAO or I'd have asked if he was taking the p!ss.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Does the guy actually believe the island of Guam can tip over and capsize?

Maybe if Chris Christie goes there.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

They are just as ignorant as this guy, however they have a PR team that can spin to the simple minded masses.

That is True. I wouldn't have even thought of it in that light had you not mentioned it. Some of his other speeches are about a "world without balloons" while promoting a helium bill. So yeah he's dumb but he's also harmless and don't seem to have ill intent. I can't say the same for others who can speak much better but are much more dangerous and in much higher positions.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

But you see the problem is being that sort of person, somebody else is telling him exactly how to vote on every issue.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Is this guy serious?

Yes he is absolutely serious.

He keeps getting re-elected too.

And he is a lawyer !!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Is this guy serious?

Yes he is absolutely serious.

He keeps getting re-elected too.

And he is a lawyer !!

There's no way people are re-electing this idiot...

He must have the keys to the ballot boxes because anyone that stupid couldn't figure out how to win votes.

We should start a new thread of JUST video clips like these, that display the absolute stupidity of those "elected" to "represent" us.

~Namaste

edit on 31-7-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I saw that video so many times and I am 99% sure that this guy is totally stoned, I mean really really baked.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

But you see the problem is being that sort of person, somebody else is telling him exactly how to vote on every issue.

Kinda like Michele Bachmann: keeps getting elected, a lawyer and a tool....

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Seems like he gets a regular supply of the good stuff.

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'll have what he's having. That dude is on vacation.
He did appear to be genuinely concerned that Guam might tip over.
If that was an act, he is a comedic genius.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

That is True. I wouldn't have even thought of it in that light had you not mentioned it. Some of his other speeches are about a "world without balloons" while promoting a helium bill. So yeah he's dumb but he's also harmless and don't seem to have ill intent. I can't say the same for others who can speak much better but are much more dangerous and in much higher positions.

You Sir are correct. Who knows, maybe he did it to see if we were paying attention before introducing some really ridiculous stuff that'd stick. lol

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Indeed, and that IS scary.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
wow. Almost as bad as that other lawyer politician who thought there were 57 states.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I'm not sure I could have done the same. The urge to even just smile would have been too great for me.

I agree, I don't know how he kept a straight face and not smile...

I guess it's because he knows guys like this are the ones making the laws and dictating how he does his job.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Does the guy actually believe the island of Guam can tip over and capsize?

Maybe if Chris Christie goes there.

ha, I see what you did there. Slid a political joke in there.....not real funny.

It's really no joking matter when the people who make our laws is this stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Having a thread on idiots in government would just turn into people posting Obama gaffs, Palin gaffs and so on.

Their is a big difference between a slip of the tongue or something taken out of context everyone posts just to push their own agenda and actual stupidity.

Already had jabs thrown at Christi, Bachman & Obama on here, no instances of stupidity just jabs at the person.

Didn't want this to become a right vs. left thing....just what appears to be an idiot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join