It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants to be Housed in 'Suites' Near San Antonio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It seems to me that if the current administration were to put as much effort into helping Americans as they are bending over backwards to allow entry and support to the illegal alien influx we as a nation would be considerably better off. At least some of the approximately 600,000 homeless would be. I never ceases to amaze me at how government can spend so much time and money not helping it's own citizens.

Immigrants to be Housed in 'Suites' Near San Antonio

The Karnes City center will house women and children who entered the country illegally through the Valley.

The 532-bed facility underwent a massive renovation to house women and children.

The feds said the immigrants will be referred to as "residents" and the rooms as "suites." The suites are furnished with flat-screen television sets and landline telephones. The center has a soccer field covered with artificial turf, ping pong tables and a weight room.

A charter school nearby will provide schooling and access to a library for the immigrant children.

I'm doubtful these are really "suites" and not just motel style rooms but that's really beside the point. Why not focus this huge federal effort on Americans?

For a little perspective:

Number of people who are homeless in San Antonio down slightly

By 2011, the number of homeless dropped to 2,936 and the number of volunteers to 126.

Locally, contradictory numbers emerged, with city officials stating homelessness went up 11 percent from 2012 to 2013 while the PIT count found a 17 percent drop.

More Than 600,000 Americans Are Homeless On Any Given Night

More than 600,000 Americans are homeless on a given night, according to the latest government data, which conducts a count on a specific night in January every year. Nearly a quarter are children and a third were living in unsheltered places like parks, cars, or abandoned buildings.

Homeless Veterans

Far too many veterans are homeless in America—between 130,000 and 200,000 on any given night—representing between one fourth and one-fifth of all homeless people.

There is something very wrong in America these days and this is one of those things. If we had a president who would throw his weight behind resolving our own homeless issue perhaps we might regain some of the hope we have lost.

edit on 909pm3838pm32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not much info in the main linked story and I didn't click on any of the updates but wonder if they are being detained there?

If they are not being detained and held for deportation why not just let them be homeless like so many Americans?

Your comments are right on... it seems the admin is bending over backwards to accommodate these law breaking, border crossing free loaders.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh that's NOTHING! Check THIS doozy out:

The $50 Million Luxury Resort for Illegal Aliens You Just Paid for Has Saunas, a Swimming Pool & Gym

The Obama administration has awarded a $50 million contract to a charitable group to buy a Texas resort hotel and transform it in to a 600 bed facility for juvenile illegal aliens.

That resort hotel? The Palm Aire Hotel and Suites in Weslaco, Texas – a generously acommodated resort with such amenities as an outdoor swimming pool (pictured above). And if the guests tired of swimming, there are always the outdoor tennis courts, replete with palm trees for shade:

For those days when the weather turns undesirable, there are fully decked-out fitness gyms:

The hotel and resort is slated to be adapted to the illegal immigrant hosting facility through a $50 million grant awarded to the Baptist Child & Family Services (BCFS).

...includes more amenities – such as a steam room, jacuzzis, racketball courts, indoor Olympic-sized swimming pool and picnic areas with grills.

The $50 Million Luxury Resort for Illegal Aliens You Just Paid for Has Saunas, a Swimming Pool & Gym

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yea im with you does not matter if they are "suites" or a motel or hotel whatever we need to focus on Americans first and foremost..But until we unite and take back Washington they will just doing as they please. I said it before and say it again we need to put everyone in Washington on trail for treason but not enough of us are paying attention. We also need term limits 4 everyone no more carer politicians period they are basically like royal families at this point.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Perhaps they are being detained, it was a detention center previously. I just suggest we knock down any fences and use it for our own people. Even if it's a temporary shelter for them.

I wonder how far that $3 billion Obama what's for the illegal immigrant border problem would go in resolving our own homeless problems?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Criminals helping criminals it is sad and disgusting where we are headed...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Yeah I remember that one. They backed out of it though. Smart move on their part.

Due to backlash the charity received after the story was posted on The Drudge Report, Baptist Child and Family Services withdrew it’s bid for the Palm Aire Resort.

The charity said it was disappointed and that the resort would have been perfect for the illegal alien children.

Source..

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I agree if it was empty and available for illegals why wasnt it available for homeless Americans? And why all these charities around the country stepping up to help these folks?... They expect to be paid!

I personally find nothing charitable in housing anybody and expecting tax payer dollars in return, that is profitable, not charitable.

If they need detained, set up the tent cities that Sheriff Joe has, in the same hot climates, same bad food, no amenities.

Or tow all those empty FEMA trailers 20 miles south of the border

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Many African-Americans will not likely forget this:

O bama’s fiddling over illegal immigration hurts African-Americans

It took President Obama’s apparent lack of concern and enforcement on illegal immigrant women and children flooding the United States southern border for many African-Americans to finally take off the blinders. They are now seeing that the president’s push for billions of dollars to process and care for these illegals on American soil will rob the American taxpayer, and further decimate economically-disadvantaged communities — a majority of them African-American.

“He’s going to go down being one of the worst. Presidents. Ever!” One protester said. The rest of the protesters were even more damning of the president and his agenda to create new Democrat voters from these illegal immigrants. The Southside has watched closely and seen the president’s poor record in the black community long before his days in D.C. Another protester alluded to Obama’s days as an Illinois State and United States senator, and pointed out that even then he ignored the problems in the black communities.

So these protests and complaints cannot be immediately labeled racist, or chalked up to politics, or a right-wing conspiracy. This is Obama’s staunchest base finally connecting the dots and seeing what their loyalty has bought them: absolutely nothing.

Amazing.
edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Indeed. That must be a painful and humiliating slap in the face for them.

I don't think the president could single-handedly resolve the homeless issue here but just imagine what could be done by one that had the will to fight for them. We live in some pretty sad days because of these screwed up priorities.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

"There is something very wrong in America these days and this is one of those things. If we had a president who would throw his weight behind resolving our own homeless issue perhaps we might regain some of the hope we have lost."

You sound like a strong advocate for the welfare of homeless Americans. Should Congress vote for greater resources to
address the problems that contribute to homelessness? How should we address these problems?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Good for them I ain't mad.... I don't see how this is anyone's concern like it will interrupt your everyday life somehow.. Border brothers always have good hookups

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Should Congress vote for greater resources to address the problems that contribute to homelessness?

How should we address these problems?

Thank you Diderot, I hadn't thought of myself as an advocate as much as I just really hate to see injustice like this done to our people. Guess that would make me an advocate.

Absolutely there needs to be much more focus by congress and resources made available. We wouldn't even have to raise taxes to do it. They could simply divert the money they're already using for other things to the issue, like that $5 billion they just gave to Ukraine.

How much did the Pentagon just waste on that ridiculous new fighter jet that they're still having problems with? I would say let's start with all the money currently being used on the "refugee" issue and redirect it toward dealing with our homeless. After that we can suggest the DoD pony up some help after all a couple hundred thousand of these folks are veterans.

It would be a start.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Dear Bassago, Thanks for a very reasonable, well thought out reply. And I agree.

"Absolutely there needs to be much more focus by congress and resources made available. We wouldn't even have to raise taxes to do it. They could simply divert the money they're already using for other things to the issue..."

Regardless of what funding might be cut elsewhere, we seem to agree that more resources are needed. And that means greater funding of these issues by Congress.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why even bother with a border.

Just let Obama give them all a mansion and a jet-liner.
Maybe a 100 foot yacht and a golden Lamborghini?

He might as well.

He sure loves your country.

You can tell.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Perhaps they are being detained, it was a detention center previously. I just suggest we knock down any fences and use it for our own people. Even if it's a temporary shelter for them.

I wonder how far that $3 billion Obama what's for the illegal immigrant border problem would go in resolving our own homeless problems?

That sounds awful close to americans clamoring to get into detainment camps

Very scary

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

That sounds awful close to americans clamoring to get into detainment camps

Very scary

Yes it does. Which is why I suggested that before any Americans are lodged there any fences should be removed. The homeless do not need detainment camps they need support and a way to get back on their feet. First off they need a way to not be living on the streets.

Surely the "greatest country in the world" can do at least that much for it's most vulnerable citizens.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
These immigrants are under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Government.

Veterans being homeless is a whole different issue than this, it's the job of Congress to take care of veterans and they have failed to do so, as they have failed to take care of many things that are affecting this country.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Google "Clint, TX and illegal immigrants".

Follow the money and you will be amazed at how really big the business of illegal immigration is.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

These immigrants are under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Government.

Veterans being homeless is a whole different issue than this, it's the job of Congress to take care of veterans and they have failed to do so

Semantics, the congress is just as much a part of the US government as the executive branch or the judicial branch. What exactly are you saying here, the executive branch can help illegals and let our veterans wither on the streets?

Are you a veteran? Have you ever been homeless in your own country without any support or help? I am a veteran and have been homeless. We need to take care of our own first. Let the foreigners take care of their own problems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join